2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release!

This was explained in the stream, that HA keeps a track of what adaptor has a stronger signal - so it knows which adaptor to use to communicate to the device with.

However the ESP32s right now are passive only, you cannot control a device with a bluetooth_proxy - yet. But that is being worked on.

4 Likes

Great! This implementation seems really amazing, very flexible and poweful… Kudos guys!

Looking forward to being able to use ESP32 remotes for active connections…

Great update!
Frustrating timing for me - just this week I swapped coordinator and did a full repair 🤦

Thanks but the need for the hardware key is documented in both the Hardware integration and the default_config integration.

In contrast, the schedule key is not documented in the default_config integration. That omission may trip up users who don’t use default_config and prefer to cherry-pick its integrations individually.

For those users it’s common practice to review default_config's documentation whenever there’s a monthly release to see if any new integrations were added (in August it was bluetooth). However, for September’s release, schedule isn’t mentioned in default_config's documentation but it’s definitely part of the default_config integration.

Nice work all, especially excited to try out the weekly schedule!

Happy birthday Home Assistant! :tada:

Great release yet again.

The weekly schedule helper has enabled me to delete hundreds of lines of code and countless input_booleans, input_datetimes and template sensors.

Some things that would be nice to have (feature request here):

• A Scheduler card for displaying and setting schedules.
  • Finer grained control. 30 minutes is too coarse to be of any use for my irrigation control.
4 Likes

Maybe help them get the documentation up to date? Anyone can submit a PR on any of the documentation pages, its not that difficult, there are some links at the bottom of every page for that…

ESP32-C3 support didn’t make it for today’s release. It is in the works.

2 Likes

I know how but I don’t have the time for it. However you seem to know how as well so perhaps you can spare the time to do it.

Wonder if using the bluetooth proxy is related to how matter can provision new devices using Bluetooth connections between the individual devices

Once again, all good stuff! Excellent update!

I do wish History would include that elusive “All” option, though.

Also, I’m a little confused by the Processor and memory usage addition to the Hardware page. It seems like a simplified duplication of effort/functionality, especially when we can already do the following quite easily:

Anybody has an issue with shelly.light? I have a dimmer that after the upgrade show the following error:

Unable to prepare setup for platform shelly.light: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘ATTR_WHITE_VALUE’ from ‘homeassistant.components.light’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/init.py)).

1 Like

Done: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/pull/24038

4 Likes

Yes, it seems that it does not work at the moment.

Super excited for this release; especially the new LaMetric integration and Bluetooth proxy!

I did notice that adding new SwitchBot devices doesn’t seem to work anymore after I updated to 2022.9. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Wasn’t this in the release notes? LightEntity no longer supports white_value | Home Assistant Developer Docs

Also what integration is that? Not the built in one I think. If it is a custom one, ask the authors.

Didn’t see that, but the issue is in Shelly for Hass integration, the crude fix described works.

For me it’s the Shelly 4 HASS integration causing this issue. I guess they will push an update soon.

Apart from bringing it to peoples attention (which is good), there is no point asking here for fixes.

Very cool release. My Switchbot Light Strip was discovered right away after the update!

But one question:
Is it possible to use an already in ESPresense installed ESP32 as Bluetooth proxy too?
Means can i install the Bluetooth Proxy in addition?