2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release!

What you missed as the important part in that statement is bolded below:

Groups are NOT being removed, but the configuration options, services, and service options related to the (previously deprecated and now removed) States UI are now removed in this release

groups are still perfectly configurable as an integration via yaml.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Horn Assistant :birthday:
I love the changes introduced with this release.

But I have a general question: with Bluetooth getting more love every month, wifi everywhere in our houses or z-wave getting update routines: should I continue to invest in e.g. Philips Hue or Ikea Lights on Zigbee standard in the future?

I’m currently with Deconz and Zigbee, and the update mechanism there never worked for me. So I need to unpair all my devices e.g. once a year, connect them to their manufacturer bridges, update, then reinstall. Other things work just fine, but this update thing is annoying.

Could we get some advise from the HA Team which long-time radio should get priorities in our investments?

Or did I miss something and using Zigbee with Deconz is not the recommended way anyways :man_shrugging:t3:

Thanks!

3 Likes

I had a horrible time with Deconz, I now use zigbee2mqtt with my Conbee II and it has been amazing. Firmware updates for my Phillips hue lights also works great.

1 Like

We’ve covered this…tried to help…was wrong…have acknowledged it and moved on.
It’s done…you’re kicking a corpse at this stage :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Uhmmm… What?

There is a breaking change:

What does this mean? “The previously deprecated utility_meter entities…” What entities?

“…used to change tariffs”? Some sub-group of what entities? They surely then have names?
Or is the whole utility_meter removed?

“Use select entity instead”? Finding select from HA gives this Select - Home Assistant and it does not say anything useful.

Link to #76480 say somewhere in the middle " remove deprecated utility_meter domain" Really? Whole domain? Meaning I cannot use utility_meter anymore?

The link “documentation” leads to Utility Meter - Home Assistant which does not say anything about deprecating or removing anything???

What?

3 Likes

Yes!!! And this my birthday too!!!

2 Likes

It says… Utility meter entities that are used to change tariffs. It doesn’t say the entire domain…

1 Like

No it does not mean that at all. All it means is that you change tariffs like this now:

- service: select.select_option
    target:
      entity_id:
      - select.energy_from_grid_daily
    data:
      option: 'off-peak'

Previously you used the utility_meter.xxx entity to do this.

1 Like

…but this link title does.

Link to #76480 say somewhere in the middle " remove deprecated utility_meter domain"

Hmm… OK, I would never have guessed, because none of the links told anything about that kind of structure?

Just a typo in a git commit. They probably meant “entity”.

1 Like

The previous release when the option was depreciated detailed it.

1 Like

OK, thanks, I have missed it then. I must say, I almost soiled my pants… :slight_smile:

Scroll down to Utility Meter here: https://rc.home-assistant.io/blog/2022/04/06/release-20224/#breaking-changes

1 Like

OK, thanks again. The breaking changes said only “The previously deprecated…”

Is there a neat way to find these versions, where they were first deprecated?

Edit: I mean the release notes like you linked

They are always in the release notes like was linked above. But if you were using it, you’d likely see this in your logs:

The ‘utility_meter.select_tariff’ service has been deprecated and will be removed in HA Core xxxxxxx

1 Like

Yup, I know they are. What I do not know, is when the release notes talk about “previously deprecated…”, how to find easily THAT release note, where it was announced to be deprecated.

Great to (finally) see the Fully Kiosk Browser - Home Assistant integration coming to core :partying_face:

As I’m using it currently via HACS as custom integration, I was wondering what will happen once updated to HA 2022.9.

1. Will it continue to work out of the box without any changes?
  2. Do I need to remove it from HACS and readd it from the official integrations list (HA Core)?
  3. Is there a difference in terms of supported features or anything else to keep in mind?

I care about these questions as it was quite some work to integrate my devices with all my customization (renaming all entities etc.) and I really hope there’s no need to go through that again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FYI

If you don’t use default_config and want to use the new Schedule Helper, be sure to add schedule: to your configuration.yaml file. Otherwise, “Schedule” will be displayed but disabled in the list of available Helpers.

This information is included in the documentation for the Schedule integration. However the documentation for default_config overlooks to mention that Schedule is one of the many integrations bundled into default_config.

4 Likes

I love the new UI changes!

Is there any way to expand all the collapsible cards simultaneously instead of opening them one by one?

It’s an option I might expect to see in the … menu > Expand All Cards

As when debugging, the new UI requires lots more clicking to see all the details.

5 Likes