2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice!

When I create the Map card I have two items already populated.

This is it in Yaml

type: map
entities:

• device_tracker.sm_j320w8
  • device_tracker.sm_t820

If I change - device_tracker.sm_t820 to - device_tracker.sm_a530w I get the error.
If I add only the name SM-A530W I still get the error

Somethings not right. I worked prior to the 2023 updates

You’re remembering wrong or remembering a different card. The map card has only ever supported:

entities:
- device_tracker.sm_j320w8
- device_tracker.sm_t820

It has never supported

entities:
- entity: device_tracker.sm_j320w8
- entity: device_tracker.sm_t820

Please see the docs that also support my claim:

My screen prints are when I switch to Code editor. I have not manually added these entries. This is how they appear.

It appears that entity: gets automatically added if you add another entry in Visual editor

I have resolved the issue. I still don’t know what happened, but I rebuilt my holiday list manually and now it’s back… There was nothing visibly wrong with it, formatting was correct, the File Editor was happy with it, and Check Configuration found no issues, yet it was not happy with something. Hidden character maybe?

I confirm.

I noticed the same while working on Update map card to use streaming history by bdraco · Pull Request #15145 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub and thought I had broken something.

Looks like it’s a bug in the editor please file an issue.

There is a PR for the map editor issue : Fix add/remove entities from map card editor by karwosts · Pull Request #15087 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub
It should be fixed in the February release

3 Likes

Thanks - what a pity…

Anyone else got problem with the energy tab? I no longer get reading from my Sonoff Device since updating to 2023.1.7

You mean like how we don’t have control over how often HA polls the “checkonline” endpoint to see if it has internet connectivity?

Wondering if there has been any sort of resolution for the zigbee issues introduced with 2023.1? I’m having a terrible time with my Zigbee lights/bulbs becoming unresponsive. Removing them from power for a short time seems to make them work again, but only for a short time and then they stop responding again. Looks like others are having similar issues but I haven’t seen anything in any of the incremental release change logs to suggest any solution has been found.

Hi,

Any opinions about new Reolink vs reolink_dev integration?

It depends on what integrations are being used. Also, from what I’ve seen, most issues have been controller related, not issues with code in home assistant, z2m, or deconz.

No change to anything other than the upgrade to 2023.1, and that’s exactly when the issue started, but I’m using a HUSBZB-1 and ZHA. Oddly, it seems specific to lights, as all my Zigbee motions and doors are working as expected. Only my ZHA lights (several different brands like Cree, OSRAM/Sylvania, Singled and all worked before this update). I’ve also seen some Reddit posts with others having the same issue after updating to 2023.1, and a few mentions in this thread about Zigbee issues as well.

Has any of this information been provided in an issue in github with logs showing failures?

Not yet. I was hoping someone had found a magical solution since I’ve seen others dealing with it as well. I’ll try to submit something. I also just updated to the latest 2023.1 version to see if it changes anything.

that’s because Alaxa / echo itself does not support Aliases.
Aliases would mean, the system needs to be capable of handling more than one (possible) device Name - and that’s nothing alexa can handle.

You COULD rename the entity within the Alexa app - but also in this case only one specific name would be supported.
That’s nothing the HA Devs can change on their end.

1 Like

With this year’s first release only hours old, I just had to test voice. I realized I had all the necessary prerequisites (a phone…). Defined a couple of aliases and it just worked on the first try. Awesome!

You should have seen the eyes of my grandson. And of the wife.

1 Like

PetKit Custom Integration works perfectly I must say!