2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice!

And have you?

Update 2023.1.5 killed the workday sensor for me. The binary_sensor:workday_sensor is no longer listed in entities and my automations based on it stopped working. I rolled back to 2023.1.4 and everything is back to normal.

Maybe I missed something in the update notes and the breaking changes, but Iā€™ve read through them several times.

Any ideas on what the issue is?

Itā€™s still working for me on 2023.1.5

I updated from 2023.1.5 to 2023.1.6 this morning, now my energy dashboard shows weird statistics for the solar panels. The dsmr data seems ok.

For the last days it shows massive production between 8 and 9 am :cry:

Iā€™m rolling back for now.

Anyone else seen issues with Map Card Configuration ? I get the following while trying to add a new entity

entities on the map card only supports the entity_id, youā€™re providing it with entity: .... Remove the entity:

When I create the Map card I have two items already populated.

This is it in Yaml

type: map
entities:

• device_tracker.sm_j320w8
  • device_tracker.sm_t820

If I change - device_tracker.sm_t820 to - device_tracker.sm_a530w I get the error.
If I add only the name SM-A530W I still get the error

Somethings not right. I worked prior to the 2023 updates

Youā€™re remembering wrong or remembering a different card. The map card has only ever supported:

entities:
- device_tracker.sm_j320w8
- device_tracker.sm_t820

It has never supported

entities:
- entity: device_tracker.sm_j320w8
- entity: device_tracker.sm_t820

Please see the docs that also support my claim:

My screen prints are when I switch to Code editor. I have not manually added these entries. This is how they appear.

It appears that entity: gets automatically added if you add another entry in Visual editor

I have resolved the issue. I still donā€™t know what happened, but I rebuilt my holiday list manually and now itā€™s backā€¦ There was nothing visibly wrong with it, formatting was correct, the File Editor was happy with it, and Check Configuration found no issues, yet it was not happy with something. Hidden character maybe?

I confirm.

I noticed the same while working on Update map card to use streaming history by bdraco Ā· Pull Request #15145 Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub and thought I had broken something.

Looks like itā€™s a bug in the editor please file an issue.

There is a PR for the map editor issue : Fix add/remove entities from map card editor by karwosts Ā· Pull Request #15087 Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub
It should be fixed in the February release

3 Likes

Thanks - what a pityā€¦

Anyone else got problem with the energy tab? I no longer get reading from my Sonoff Device since updating to 2023.1.7

You mean like how we donā€™t have control over how often HA polls the ā€œcheckonlineā€ endpoint to see if it has internet connectivity?

Wondering if there has been any sort of resolution for the zigbee issues introduced with 2023.1? Iā€™m having a terrible time with my Zigbee lights/bulbs becoming unresponsive. Removing them from power for a short time seems to make them work again, but only for a short time and then they stop responding again. Looks like others are having similar issues but I havenā€™t seen anything in any of the incremental release change logs to suggest any solution has been found.

Hi,

Any opinions about new Reolink vs reolink_dev integration?

It depends on what integrations are being used. Also, from what Iā€™ve seen, most issues have been controller related, not issues with code in home assistant, z2m, or deconz.