2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice!

I rolled back to my 2022.12.9 backup and things seem to be operating as expected. Now I need to see if it is coincidence or not. I was only seeing issues that were apparently related to ZigBee but as I think more about it, there may have been WiFi device issues as well.

what is a ā€œnormal integrated switchā€?

itā€™s something related to the custom quirks I use.
if from configuration.yaml I remove the reference line to the custom quirk folder (custom_quirks_path: /config/zha_custom_quirks/) it works, but Iā€™m missing some attributes I need on the zigbee valves!

2023-01-14 15:37:51.230 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2, s/n: 20220817161105 - ITEAD for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 382, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 100, in async_setup_entry
    setup_quirks(config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zhaquirks/__init__.py", line 409, in setup
    importer.find_module(modname).load_module(modname)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 548, in _check_name_wrapper
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 1063, in load_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 888, in load_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 290, in _load_module_shim
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 719, in _load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 688, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 883, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/zha_custom_quirks/ts0601_trv_moes.py", line 74, in <module>
    class CustomTuyaOnOff(LocalDataCluster, OnOff):
  File "/config/zha_custom_quirks/ts0601_trv_moes.py", line 134, in CustomTuyaOnOff
    command_id: Union[foundation.Command, int, t.uint8_t],

2023.1.4 breaks the Honeywell Lyric Homekit Controller. Reverting to 2023.1.2 restores it.
Anything to do with this:
Remove oauth2client dependency in Google Sheets ([@tkdrob](https://github.com/tkdrob) - [#85637](https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/85637)) ([google_sheets docs](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/google_sheets/)) ?

try clearing your browser cache (ctrl-F5 in chrome) first.

I updated, I need to restore interface to make it work again

Lyric Homekit working again in 2023.1.5. Thanks!

You need a cache clean on the app
Or a ctrl+f5 in the browser

Xiaomi hub is now broken. The log shows:

2023-01-17 20:23:14.144 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for custom integration xiaomi_gateway3: Unable to import component: cannot import name ā€˜Commandā€™ from ā€˜zigpy.zcl.foundationā€™ (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/foundation.py)

Itā€™s a custom integration (itā€™s not part of Home Assistantā€™s official integrations) so I recommend you report the problem to its author.

1 Like

After an update from 2022.12.5 to 2023.1.5, all my scenes have become ā€˜unavailableā€™ . They also have a state attribute ā€˜restored: trueā€™, which I canā€™t find any documentation about. I have no idea if this attribute was there before. I tried restarting HA, and rebooting the Raspberry Pi on which it runs, to no avail.
Iā€™m running HA supervised on an RPi 3b, everything was doing fine before the update. Does anyone have a hint where to look for a solution (other than restoring the backup)?

Apologies - I meant my aqara switches which were autodiscovered via Homekit integration.

permanent crashes since 2023.1 ā€¦ gj ā€¦

Can only happen once :wink: If it was not caused by something specific in your setup the forum would be flooded. I donā€™t see it.

yeah what everā€¦ worked fine before, now crashes daily ā€¦ one crash after upgrade was normal to me, but this is on another level ā€¦ one thing for sure, upgrades are highly risky and needs a backup every time

1 Like

Post your logs or stop moaning.

I can see my error now, yes. Left only the entities, removing the device, and Speedtest now seems to workā€¦.when I run it manually from the Automations list but never on its own! :slight_smile:
In tracking I can see that automation is triggered every 6 hours but for some reason the entities just do not update unless I go and click Run.

But nvm, I will just remove the whole thing as it is not that relevant information to have really.

Does anybody know if the Voice Assistant aliases are working yet? I have added several aliases for some lights & devices but it seems that Alexa doesnā€™t listen to themā€¦ Anybody knows?

The problem

Since latest HA update I get several status updates and timeouts from all different kind of elements and integrations

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio.handler
Source: components/hassio/handler.py:48
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:00:51 (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:00:51

Timeout on /addons/6a3d001f_assistant_relay/stats request
Timeout on /addons/a0d7b954_spotify/stats request
Timeout on /addons/5c53de3b_esphome/stats request
Timeout on /addons/cebe7a76_hassio_google_drive_backup/stats request
Timeout on /addons/core_samba/stats request

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/init.py:843
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:00:51 (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:00:51

Could not fetch stats for 6a3d001f_assistant_relay:
Could not fetch stats for a0d7b954_spotify:
Could not fetch stats for 5c53de3b_esphome:
Could not fetch stats for cebe7a76_hassio_google_drive_backup:
Could not fetch stats for core_samba:

2023-01-18 08:30:30.117 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating webostv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2023-01-18 08:30:30.122 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating webostv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
2023-01-18 08:30:30.124 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of media_player.tv_bedroom is taking over 10 seconds
2023-01-18 08:30:30.125 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of media_player.living_room_tv is taking over 10 seconds

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: helpers/entity.py:556
First occurred: 16:54:32 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:54:32

Updating state for sensor.xt12_5_ghz_upload_speed (<class ā€˜custom_components.asusrouter.sensor.ARSensorā€™>) took 0.847 seconds. Please report it to the custom integration author.

From the release notes:

Currently, configured aliases are used by Google Assistant and, of course, can later be used by our own voice assistant.

Doesnā€™t sound like they work for Alexa yet. Just says Google assistant for now.

2 Likes