2023.1: Happy New Year of the voice!

No change to anything other than the upgrade to 2023.1, and that’s exactly when the issue started, but I’m using a HUSBZB-1 and ZHA. Oddly, it seems specific to lights, as all my Zigbee motions and doors are working as expected. Only my ZHA lights (several different brands like Cree, OSRAM/Sylvania, Singled and all worked before this update). I’ve also seen some Reddit posts with others having the same issue after updating to 2023.1, and a few mentions in this thread about Zigbee issues as well.

Has any of this information been provided in an issue in github with logs showing failures?

Not yet. I was hoping someone had found a magical solution since I’ve seen others dealing with it as well. I’ll try to submit something. I also just updated to the latest 2023.1 version to see if it changes anything.

that’s because Alaxa / echo itself does not support Aliases.
Aliases would mean, the system needs to be capable of handling more than one (possible) device Name - and that’s nothing alexa can handle.

You COULD rename the entity within the Alexa app - but also in this case only one specific name would be supported.
That’s nothing the HA Devs can change on their end.

1 Like

With this year’s first release only hours old, I just had to test voice. I realized I had all the necessary prerequisites (a phone…). Defined a couple of aliases and it just worked on the first try. Awesome!

You should have seen the eyes of my grandson. And of the wife.

1 Like

PetKit Custom Integration works perfectly I must say!