2023.11 To-do: Add release title

Don’t use device triggers. Use State triggers.

3 Likes

Failed automations used time trigger, but had ‘if conditions’ and those had the ID problem devices.

Still basically the same answer.

Don’t use device conditions, use state conditions.

OK, I’ll try to remember that when adding new automations.

Worth mentioning: ShellyForHASS closes. It was the first Shelly integration in Home Assistant. Many thanks to Håkan Åkerberg as author and main developer. His recommendation is to use Home Assistant’s own Shelly integration.

2 Likes

Here’s a helpful Community Guide explaining the pros and cons of Device Triggers/Conditions/Actions versus other kinds of Triggers/Conditions/Actions.

4 Likes

I’m running Home Assistant;

• Core 2023.11.1
  • Supervisor 2023.10.1
  • Operating System 11.1
  • Frontend 20231030.1

Since upgrading to Core 2023.11.0, the “Refresh” button on the “Developers Tools/State” tab hasn’t functioned correctly. If I select an “entity” from the list of those shown, then click on the “Refresh” button, the area showing the entities attributes (Set State) clears rather than updating entity details.

I’ve only noticed this behaviour since upgrading to Core 2023.11.0. Prior to the upgrade, pressing the refresh button would update the entities attributes. I’ve restarted HA and rebooted the server in hopes of correcting the issue but it remains. Is anyone else experiencing this behaviour?

Regards

Good day,

I have a slight problem, after I upgrade the core to 11.1 there are errors to do with no platform sensor.average, also homeassintant.util.temperature, how can I overcome this because it prevents restarting, when I restore the previous version I do not have issues. It does not point to a line in the config or to any automation.

Regards
Caswell

I didn’t see this upgrading from 2023.11.0 to .11.1 thankfully.

I have added a photo of the error, how can I resolve this, I am afraid to reboot.

Regards,
Caswell

You are using a custom integration that needs to be updated

There’s already a PR to fix that. It may be available in the next fix release

1 Like

Since updating to 2023.11 I no longer seem to be able to theme the colours of sliders. e.g. in my theme:

paper-slider-knob-color: '#e45e65' # red
  paper-slider-active-color: var(--paper-slider-knob-color)

However the inspector shows:

Untitled

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 09-25-44 Overview – Home Assistant

This is the same in firefox and chrome.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Then I would have to do that on all devices for all users. Not what I asked for. I want to clean up the system and make it easier to use for all users so there isn’t a lot of unused stuff in the menus.

I think Energy Dashboard date selector change made it worse to use. Before there were direct shortcuts for week, month, year etc. But now I have to do extra click to open the calendar to see those. Bring them back to the main page or allow to customize the view via yaml edit.

been stoked on replacing my custom:state-switch cards with the new condition options, and indeed found a few. which is great, in trying to be as core as possible.

However I now realize again what power tool that state-switch card is, as it offers the ‘all’ option if the condition isnt met.

- type: custom:state-switch
    entity: mediaquery
    states:
      '(min-width: 800px)':
        !include /config/dashboard/includes/include_sankey_energie.yaml
      all:
        type: custom:swipe-card

Or, just more than 1 condition in the same card config, which behave as an if/else:

type: custom:state-switch
entity: binary_sensor.saver_offline
states:
  'on':
    type: custom:button-card

'off':
    type: custom:button-card

also, the group function in admin/users is so cool, I had forgotten all about that…

- type: custom:state-switch
    entity: group
    states:
      admin:
        type:
      user:
        type:

instead of the now possible:

- type: conditional
    conditions:
      - condition: user
        users:
          - !secret admin_m
          - !secret admin_w
    card:

So, nice improvement already, several useful conditions. Please keep developing on these options though, and do have a look at state-switch :wink:

Won’t mention the template option, as that would probably never make it into core…

2 Likes

@makai is right, and it is the “Home assistant plant” should be updated to 2023.10.0. Had the same issue during beta.

on the new Improv BLE:

I have a few of the m5 stacks, in both voice or bt proxy version. for some time now.

Should I be seeing the new Improv integration in the Integration list now? Because I dint, and when trying to add it, it states

How can I tell my M5 stacks are Improv ready/functioning?

No, the device_id’s werent’ changed. The automations had errors and HA didn’t know it. Now HA knows the errors and wants you to fix them. It creates a repair and disables the automation. I.e. working as intended. There’s no “fix” other than users needing to fix their automations. That’s what I gathered from reading the issue.

1 Like

All is sorted now, it was not due to the upgrade.