2023.11 To-do: Add release title

Yes, I saw that too. All my shelly devices changed IDs so all the automations stopped working.

Opened an issue for shelly: Shelly integration device ids changed · Issue #103222 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Maybe it wasn’t shelly only but I cannot verify as I only use device_ids in the shelly automations.

Damn, My dashboard will get a few new lines of code soon :rofl:

After this update it is no longer possible to leave a device selector blank in an automation. It returns unknown device ‘’ when blank which breaks my blueprinted automations.

2 Likes

Have you tried Kiosk Mode integration from HACS? It allows to configure easily what components of UI (dashboard or even individual cards’ elements) are hiden from web view.

With the new Feature “To-Do” that replaces " Shopping-List" my automation wont Work

alias: Einkaufsliste Update
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: event
    context: {}
    event_data: {}
    event_type: shopping_list_updated
condition: []
action:
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 10
      milliseconds: 0
    enabled: true
  - service: homeassistant.update_entity
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id:
        - sensor.shopping_list
        - sensor.shopping_list_complete
        - sensor.shopping_list_incomplete
  - service: notify.mobile_app_andre_s_pixel_7
    data:
      title: >-
        {{states('sensor.shopping_list_incomplete')}} Artikel auf der
        Einkaufsliste
    enabled: false
  - if:
      - condition: numeric_state
        entity_id: sensor.shopping_list_incomplete
        above: 0
    then:
      - service: notify.mobile_app_andre_s_pixel_7
        data:
          title: >-
            {{states('sensor.shopping_list_incomplete')}} Artikel auf der
            Einkaufsliste
          data:
            tag: shopping-list
            clickAction: /shopping-list
            url: /shopping-list
mode: single

Also the command_line Sensors i created for this are broken.

How can i fix this now?

Would love it if could syncronize Home Assistant’s Shopping List and To-Do lists with the Google Assistant’s Shopping List and Notes Lists which they now save in Google Keep.

Any tried using gkeep-list-sync (custom component that uses an unofficial client for Google Keep API)?

gkeep-list-syncA Home Assistant custom integration for adding items to your Home Assistant Shopping List from a Google Keep list. The integration relies on gkeepapi for the synchronization. This is meant to be used with Google Assistant to easily add items to Home Assistant Shopping List.

For now I keep using Google Assistant’s Shopping List since already have Google Home / Google Nest speakers in all rooms.

1 Like

The inclusion of To-do in the 2023.11 release is fantastic. It adds a significant new feature to home assistant. I can’t wait to play with it.

There is something that I think needs improvemnt. The current to-do list card allows editing the names of items as well as rearranging items. This could be annoying as users can edit the items on the list when they should stay fixed. Also, the edit boxes cause the card use quite a lot of screen space.

I’d like to see a kind of ‘read only’ toggle for the list so that only the check boxes allow interaction.

Thanks for this awesome release and the inclusion of the To-Do lists! this really is a game changer and brings multiple of possibilities. I really appreciate all the work included - keep on to this:)

Concerning the To-Do lists, is there a way to access the single items in the lists or is this still ongoing?

1 Like

I would consider to create a feature request for this …

Well done on the multiple task lists.
I’ve been waiting for that forever!
However, I’d love to have a command to automatically sort the lists in alphabetical order.

1 Like

Hi @CChris

I already did: Restrict acces on to-do list card

Is there any way to trigger automation when a task is done on a to-do list? Something like shopping-list-updated event?

Seems I am another who has been bricked by this update.
I applied the update in the usual way last night (before bed).
This morning when I looked at the dashboard most of my views had progress spinners.
I tried the back up screen and there was simply a red button in the middle - I forget what it said - so that plan was scuppered.
I tried to reboot the device via the interface and it didn’t appear to do anything.

Later I lost patience and physically rebooted the RaspberryPi and now when I try to reach the URL I get a message of This site can’t be reached

My system is a Raspberry Pi 4, which is booting from an external USB 512GB SSD.
Until now it was running fine for over a year.

What can I do now to get this system back up?
Thankfully I have backups on a separate nas drive

Mike

You just answered your own question.

3 Likes

After the upgrade the sensor.processor_use sometimes shows 0 which was not the case before. Someone also recognized that? I’m running HAOS in a VM on Proxmox.

I was really looking forward to the extra conditions that can be used for displaying elements but I’m gutted - they don’t apply to chips! :frowning_face:. Especially the restriction by user. I don’t suppose there’s any plan to extend these to the conditions available for chips?

Great work! Since Todo’s are entities now, shouldn’t they be a Helper? Imho it is inconsistent where local entities can be found:
Schedule = Helper
Calendar = Integration
Input select = Helper
Todo = Integration
I believe that all these “local entities” should come from either integrations or helpers, but I see no benefit to mixing both types.

Doh! Just noticed that there’s an update in HACS for this. So I have everything I wanted. Sorry for being so premature! :rofl:

1 Like

This is something i would also like to be able to do. We would need the list items availabe as an atribute or something not just the amount of items in the list. Hopefully it will be available in the future.

Yes, have the same on an RPI4.