2023.12: Welcome home!

I love the fact that I can easily toggle on my AC’s wind free feature now, before this update couldn’t even figure out where to switch it on, cause the entity didn’t have that info, I had to open up the smart things app before to switch on wind free, now I don’t even need to touch the smart things app

2 Likes

You are right. It worked in restart mode until this update. Now it works as expected only in parallel mode. Restart cancels execution even when it shouldn’t as there are no any delays in the actions.

Come on, please ask why I did that and read my post like I did read that before answering like this. It has something to the OSI model.

I have to agree.

This for me an I assume many others is going to mean a lot of automations and scripts will require changing, which to be fair is the name of the game unfortunately.

However the rationale appears to be that we don’t need 3 ways of changing activities, why not? Surely having 3 different ways means it’s more user friendly and fits in better with how people like to run their systems or how their brain processes things.

Does having 3 ways cause some form of conflict or make the system or code super bulky that it must be removed?

Surely forcing people to rewrite automations and scripts and generally use the system they are use too in a complety different way should have more reasoning behind it other than we don’t need 3 different ways to control it, seems like a change for change sake!

1 Like

Really great :frowning:
Not a good idea to remove the switch entity. I have mapped the switches to the google integration so i can say ‘Turn the radio on’ to google assistant.
Google assistant has support for the select but no one knows how to activate it in speech (at least in dutch).
So now i have to add switch helpers to select an activity in the select. Completely unnecesarry…

3 Likes

NOTE: It seems the deprecation of command line platforms in favour of the new integrations may have been missed in the release notes.

It was introduced in 2023.6 so this release is the six months deadline.

https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2023/06/07/release-20236/#backward-incompatible-changes

If you still have old platform config see the examples on how to update to the new format here:

6 Likes

What did you set your x forward to in nginx? Mine is set as proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

but I am still leaking personal info

Same here. At the end of the year of voice, Harmony Integration removes the switches that the voice integrations can operate. So I can live fixing 34 references in scripts (by the way, some automations are missed, I found more references than the ones mentioned). But I won’t do that, as I too will be adding template sensors so voice keeps working.

4 Likes

I think it’s reasonable to say that the burden is on you to provide context, such as what you’ve tried or read. It wasn’t clear to me that you’re relating your message in any way to the one before.

Unless you have a way to intercept traffic and inject data on layer 4 (such equipment would be quite expensive, as it will need to be able to decode various protocols), I think you’d need to probably add a proxy (layer 7) to get the x-forwarded-for in there. Is there some level of NAT you can perform?

Anyway, there might be others that know better. It’s been a while for me, and it’s only been in my periphery most of the time.

And morover, there are actually only 2 working ways to start an activity. The one on the remote entity simply does not work. So if something is to be removed I would remove that one.

1 Like

Did you find a solution, as i’m also trying to get that list :smiley:

Hi,

For HomeWizard tariff 1 has been removed, but now my energy history is gone.
Can I import my history from the total import/export sensor to get my history back in the energy dashboard?

You can just add the ‘non-tariff’ total back to your energy dashboard. :slight_smile:

Just go to Link to Dashboards – My Home Assistant and edit your dashboard. Add ‘Total energy import’ and it should all work again, including your history.

Hi, history isn’t coming back :frowning:

The design is actually not nicer at all (IMHO).

I choose to use default cards/options and the interface looks uglier and unglier with each update (IMHO) since there is no style, everything looks different including sizes of cards. For instance, why there was a need to increase the size of new thermostat cards that much?!

1 Like

They actually fit in narrower columns better than the old version, as discussed in the release party youtube video.

1 Like

This is not related to Ping.
or to removing YAML functionality. :slight_smile:

After installing 2023.12 i noticed an annoying behavior with the Themostat card.
When I scroll through a dashboard on my phone, I accidently keep adjusting the target temperature of any Thermostat card that is visible, when I frantically scroll.

I have never done that previously.
Has anyone else seen the same?
Maybe the area on the screen where the card registers interaction has been increased?

1 Like

Hi,

Does it take some time? I’ve waited an hour, but the new sensor is starting from zero and (probably of course) the old sensor isn’t udpated.
I’m talking about the “monitor individual devices”-part:

Best thing to do is open a new topic with details of your problem.

1 Like

Unfortunately, not.

The message I’m getting is:
Failed to call service script/shopping_list. Error rendering data template: TypeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object is not iterable

I think ‘items’ is a bad key name.

Edit: My Script is as follows:

alias: Notify - Shopping List
sequence:
  - service: todo.get_items
    data:
        - needs_action
    response_variable: mylist
    target:
      entity_id: todo.shopping_list
    enabled: true
  - service: notify.notsobadger_s_phone