2023.12: Welcome home!

Yes, separate tables, however the comment still stands:

1 Like

Yes, still working for me.

1 Like

Just in case, like me, someone might have spent the last few weeks adding a new command_line sensor.

This release depreciates

sensor:
  - platform: command_line 

you now need to use the newer format.

command_line:
  - sensor:

Assume an integration creates an entity - and whether this entity is stored in LTS or not, it depends on its “state_class” (defined by this integration).
Now consider a template sensor - created by YOU.
You are not obliged to define a particular “state_class” for this sensor - so it will not have LTS.

A simple use case:

1. Some integration creates a sensor with attributes - “co2”, “pm25”, “temperature”, “humidity”.
  2. You create 4 template sensors for these attrs: with “state_class: measurement” for “temperature” & "humidity - and with no “state_class” for “co2” & “pm25”.
  3. You exclude the source sensor from Recorder.
  4. Now you can see a real History for all these parameters for 10 (by default) days, LTS data (forever) for “temperature” & “humidity”; and you will NOT have LTS for “co2” & “pm25” - these values are very volatile and are not valuable on a long-term perspective.

Note: in Statistics graph for values with LTS you will still see only last 10 days in case you selected “5minute” period in a card’s settings; these data a not a “pure LTS” and not stored forever.

1 Like

I agree. I totally hate this “going away from yaml”-thingy that is going on. In most cases, it make things worse as not all features previously possible is possible through the GUI. This would not have had to be a breaking change.

The whole point with homeassistant (was) that it was developer friendly. Now it is taking steps towards other less technical people at the expense of those developers.

There is a workaround, as mentioned, but it is a great hassle. WTH don’t just make all the settings available in the GUI (perhaps under some kind of “advanced settings” part if it is for aesthetic reasons.

But it really should. As long-term-statistics is a forever growing thing, it will eventually eat all your db storage. You should have a (longer) keep_days setting for it. Preferably a “per entity” setting, as has been rightfully requested multiple times in WTH.

7 Likes

I agree. It was just referring to the (several times ongoing) discussion in those other places.
Here is just one example: Disable long term statistics?!

It usually ends up with an admin simply telling the person that their database is not soooo large and they could always buy a bigger hard drive and that it is not really a problem.

1 Like

2 things,

1. The"IMO" stands for "in my opinion ". You have a different opinion, that’s fine. There is no reason to get upset about us having different views on this.
  1. No functionality has been removed. It’s all still there. You just need to enable some features. There is a fix coming for the auto-gen dashboard where it is not possible to edit the features.
1 Like

stupid question here: is there a way to use the “thermostat card” as default GUI for HVAC devices?
i mean, i do not have specific cards in lovelace, i commonly click on entity name and the default GUI opens up, that is not as nice as lovelace cards… can i use the same interface? (basically, i hate dropdowns for modes and presets…)

It’s not the first time this has happened. Sometimes it returns, sometimes it doesn’t. Time will tell.

Mamy thanks for implementing some options to modify the Default dashboard. Ability to reorder Areas is quite useful for me. I hope this trend of adding flexibility to the Default dashboard continues. For example, I’d like to reorder entities within an area as well. Or make some configuration/diagnostic entities visible as well.

I’m just bad at designing dashboards from scratch so I’m still mostly using the Default one…

I am missing something ?
Cannot see i picture of myself here:

изображение

Maybe a tiny bug in the updated Thermostat card (to be confirmed by others):
It seems the current temperature is not being updated as long as the card is open as a pop-up (e.g. if you click on the entity in an entities card). The updated value is shown once the pop-up is closed.

1 Like

I wish I was smart enough to understand…but I do not understand what these changes are about. I use the Harmony Hub integration. Does this “select” change anything for me ?

1 Like

After the upgrade to 2023.12.0 I can’t remove the MyQ garage doors at my dads house Home Assistant… I removed them from my instance at my house first before upgrade, no problem…
screenshots of what i get at my dads after the upgrade…

Isn’t that a custom integration. If so this is not the place to ask?

Surely if there is an On there must be an Off.

Believe me, there are thermostats which are always on, I have plenty of them.

In such a case removing the buttons in default dashboard would be appreciated

1 Like

Yeah I looked at mine, the fridge only has one - “auto”. The AC units have on, off, heat, cool, auto.

So in the case you showed in your post, what exactly is it? If it is always on what looks like a heating mode, what are you going to do when it is hot enough?

no, ZHA was running absolutely fine with this update.

It’s a thermostat :slight_smile: as soon as temperature is reached heating is switched off, but HVAC mode stays in heating mode. I was referring to the HVAC mode, if there is only one it should be suppressed. Best regards