2023.2: How can I Assist?

I have a question that is unrelated to this topic. How do you get those nice graphs? I’m stuck with the blocky standard graphs

HA installed as Core on rPi4 and have an issue upgrading to 2023.2.
Failed building wheel for bcrypt.
From the log I understand I need to update Rust but the system says it’s already the latest version.

sudo apt install rustc gives me this

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
rustc is already the newest version (1.48.0+dfsg1-1+rpi1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

log from upgrade:

running build_rust

=============================DEBUG ASSISTANCE=============================
          If you are seeing a compilation error please try the following steps to
          successfully install bcrypt:
          1) Upgrade to the latest pip and try again. This will fix errors for most
             users. See: https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/#upgrading-pip
          2) Ensure you have a recent Rust toolchain installed. bcrypt requires
             rustc >= 1.56.0.

Python: 3.10.9
          platform: Linux-5.15.84-v7l+-armv7l-with-glibc2.31
          pip: n/a
          setuptools: 67.1.0
          setuptools_rust: 1.5.2
          rustc: 1.48.0 (471d696c7 2020-12-10)
          =============================DEBUG ASSISTANCE=============================

error: Rust 1.48.0 does not match extension requirement >=1.56.0
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for bcrypt
Failed to build bcrypt
ERROR: Could not build wheels for bcrypt, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

Give your sensors a device_class and a state_class of measurement. Then the graphs show 5 minute means with min and max shading.

1 Like

This has been replied already

1 Like

Thanks Olivier I missed that in my searching

How to change recorder history to X days?

it’s changed in yaml with purge_keep_days, which defaults to 10 days.

1 Like

Hi,
Is there any logs written when the migration is done/completed?
I got only the
“Database is about to upgrade from schema version: 30 to: 33”
and
" * Adding columns last_updated_ts, last_changed_ts to table states. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
** Adding index ix_events_time_fired_ts to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!*
** Adding index ix_events_event_type_time_fired_ts to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!*
** Adding index ix_states_entity_id_last_updated_ts to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!*
** Adding index ix_states_last_updated_ts to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!"*
But other than that i’m not sure if (After 2hs) I should still wait for a “migration finished” message or that will not happen and i’ll just see charts showing historical data as usual again?

Thanks!

It can still take a while. The history charts will still work. You’re running into a bug w/ history graphs that’s unrelated to the database changes. There isn’t a fix for this bug yet. Someone above mentioned and linked the issue.

I was not aware of such issue, sorry (I normally skip version .0 to account for these type of issues).
I think the ‘bug’ is that the DB is busy with the migration so it can’t insert (or it can’t be read) to retrieve non-streamed values.

The challenge is, I understand, I can’t attempt any rollback/backup restore until the DB migration finishes in order to avoid DB corruption.

• Will there be a log message notifying the migration is completed? Or otherwise how can it be known by a user?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I can’t find when the map card got timestamps. I can’t find it in the changes on this or the previous release but I’m quite sure this is something new.
Good work whoever did that! I have wanted this for a long time.

1 Like

Nope, the bug is related to unit conversion entities and it’s entirely a frontend issue.

If I recall correctly, it shows up in the logs at some point.

after the latest updates, I can no longer get home assistant to work on android 7.1. I had 2 wall tablets, and it doesn’t work anymore. is it no longer possible?

What exactly means „does not work“? Did you update to 2023.2.1 already?
It fixes at least an issue for older android browsers and fully kiosk browser…

According to a response in my own thread a problem with the Synology NAS integration has already been identified? I’ve hit it today as soon as I update to the latest Core.

When I revert to the previous version all problems go away.

I’m choosing to simply bypass this release, but in case it may help someone’s investigation, here’s the link to my thread that includes the log output:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/synology-nas-integration-fails-after-update-to-core-2023-2-1/529653

It seems the migration finished.
The graphs are loading the data from these past hours so I guess is not the same bug, but indeed related to the migration.
Replying to my past self, I saw no logs of it being finished, but the notification that poped up in the notification tray, disappeared. So that would be it. (i.e. don’t dismis the notification and let HA do it so you’ll know when its done!).

1 Like

Petro, with the latest update that came out on 02/03/2023, it is now working.

I don’t know if these short intervals (i.e. show me the last ten minutes of history) are a new option for the 2023.2.x release and nobody knows how to configure it in the history card or should I better ask this question in the configuration/frontend forum because it works already in older versions and I have overseen something?

I’m also in the same situation. I’m usign MariaDB on Synology NAS DS216j and the last avaiable version is 10.3.29. Maybe it will be only an assumible performance issue because Recorder documentation still say it is compatible with MariaDB >= 10.3. But I’m still unsure to update to HA 2023.2.

Hi,
In my case i had to remove the surveillance station in the syno nas to have the dsm integration configured.
Something has changed probably .