2023.2: How can I Assist?

Exactly that. If you have Bluetooth support in HA (stick, PoE or Bluetooth Proxy) - it will just pop up after you provide power.
Just a warning/heads up - connectors, if you buy with them (and make sure you get B model) they are TINY, not standard dupont cables.

1 Like

I have lots of issues from this release, but Sonos isnā€™t one. Iā€™m running HA in host mode in Docker but the host is on the same network as the Sonos system.

Thatā€™s awesome! If it works as well as my DFRobot one at a fraction of the cost and size Iā€™ll be pretty impressed!

I was going to buy the no-pin B version and solder on some pins myself as have loads lying around. Would that be a bad ideaā€¦ After typing that I just realised itā€™s exactly the same price for one with pins.

Bahā€¦ now i have database address problemsā€¦ above select works in ā€œphpmyadminā€, but i canā€™t insert it into HA, because sql integration says database url invalidā€¦? it was valid until nowā€¦?

mysql://root:[email protected]:3306/homeassistant?charset=utf8

(IP address is IP of my synology)

I tried with built-in database, but in sqlite above select is not correctā€¦

My dB is much (much) smaller than that. So Iā€™ll give it a go later and see what happens

Sorry, itā€™s a no-go. While sql works in phpmyadmin it doesnā€™t in HA. Above mentioned ā€œinvalid urlā€ is a consequence of bad SQL, as it seems.

does the ESPHome upadte mean you canā€™t share ESPHome devices between instances?

Thatā€™s strangeā€¦ For me the query works in HA. Iā€™m using MariaDB 10.5.18.

How did you create sql sensor? With integration -->add --enter data, or did you write it in configuration.yaml?

I have Home Assistant in my own language (dutch) but it doesnā€™t seem to understand anything. Not in dutch, not in Englishā€¦ Useless in this way

For anyone running Debian Bullseye (current stable), you may want to upgrade python from 3.9 and mariadb from 2.5 to 2.6 (see Breaking Changes above).

Disclaimer: YMMV, but I found these two guides helpful and they Work For Me ā„¢, so farā€¦

For mariadb you can use packages from the official repository rather than Debian.

Unfortunately I couldnā€™t find packages for Python, so that involves building your own, installing alongside the default 3.9 and then making 3.11.1 the default. It should therefore be possible to return to using official packages when Debian provide them.

How To Install MariaDB 10.6 on Debian 11 ā€œbullseyeā€ | Open UNIX Kernel

How to install Python 3.11.1 on Debian 11 bullseye (aruljohn.com)

All that said, Iā€™m not yet seeing 2023.2 as an available upgrade using pip with HA Core :frowning:

I have it in my configuration.yaml, because I hate having SQL code in a config dialog. I use the SQL component from HA 2022.4 (last good version) as a custom component to achieve that.
But just for you Iā€™ve created a sensor with that query with the GUI and it works exactly as my configuration.yaml sensor.
Did you fill the ā€œColumnā€ field correctly? Should be ā€œmin_tempā€ if you copied my query.

Ok, now i see that your solution is for HAā€™s internal sqlite database. Now i switched to HAā€™s internal db for testing and your sql works. I guess that ā€œDESCā€ will give me max temperature, while ā€œASCā€ will give me min temperature today, correct?

So, i guess one of solutionsis to switch to internal db, especially since synology is know to give out updates pretty late, so i coudl be stuck with critical warning for weeks, monthsā€¦

There are two things I noticed in this release that I had to back out the changes. The first is with ā€œSafariā€. In the past, this has worked fine allowing the browser to display and administer Home Assistant. However, with the latest release and opening the Home Assistant URL, the screen is blank with the Home Assistant Icon. If I run the same workflow on a different browser such as ā€œFire Foxā€, it works as I would have expected. Did the requirements change and ā€œSafariā€ is no longer supported? The other issue I found was with MQTT. This integration communicates with ā€œSolar Assistantā€ to render information regarding solar production, inverter and battery status. After the update, the MQTT entities for Solar Assistant could not be found even though both were carrying on a conversation. Looking at the logs I can see MQTT message received but it looks partially processed. With that said, I had to back out of this release to the previous one. Sadly.

After the update, my Fire Tablet 7 with Fully Kiosk shows only a white screen, sometimes with the blue HA icon. Then nothing happens, looks like it hangs. It looks like a similar problem as in the past in older versions: Problem with 0.99 and Fully Kiosk + Fire Tablets?
Fully Kiosk works allright with a different url/webserver.
Cleared the cache etc. in Fully Kiosk. Nothing changed. As I said, the same behaviour as in version 0.99.
EDIT: I tried WallPanel app on my tablet, exactly the same behaviour. With other url, WP works fine.

EDIT: Updating to 2023.2.1 solved the problem. (Update frontend to 20230202.0)

Aaarghā€¦ my poor sql knowledgeā€¦
i entered ā€œstatesā€, like i usually did. Entering ā€œmin_tempā€ went through, so far looks ok.
Many thanks again! Hopefully this is the end of my problemsā€¦

After upgrading, it seems that themes are not loaded anymore.
I downgraded back to 2023.1.7 and themes were working again.
So I upgraded again to 2023.2.0 and themes are broken like the first time, everything is set at the default theme, which means inverted Alarm badge and son onā€¦ (green when armed instead of red)
Whatever theme I select, nothing happens.
Is this happening only to me ?

Edit:
In fact, themes are loading OK, but the naming convention has been changedā€¦ see Entity state colors theming by piitaya Ā· Pull Request #14831 Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub
So none of my theme configs worked.
In principle, this is good news because we now have official variables.
But this PR is flagged as Breaking, but does not appear in the Breaking changes section of the release notes, which seems to become a recurring problem the last times and cost me a few hours to sort outā€¦

I see the same thing with Safari.

Yeah, I was doing my own digging after noticing that my sql sensor became unavailable. Didnā€™t know that you donā€™t use the internal SQLite database, thatā€™s why I replied with my solution.

DESC and ASC should indeed show max and min temps.

Thatā€™s the sort of change that I would qualify as ā€œbreakingā€, although the devs didnā€™t even bother to mention it. Or maybe they did in some obscure documentation that none of us, the regular users will ever read. Iā€™m quite surprised that there are so few posts mentioning this issue. Anyway, the sql sensor doesnā€™t seem too popular, just about 2% of the active installations using it.

Safari works here, clear your cache and refresh the page.