2023.4: Custom template macros, and many more new entity dialogs!

I have the same on frigate:
Error in Version 3 on ffmpeg

2023-04-13 12:03:13.892259651 [2023-04-13 14:03:13] watchdog.xxxxx ERROR : Ffmpeg process crashed unexpectedly for xxxxx.
2023-04-13 12:03:13.892281410 [2023-04-13 14:03:13] watchdog.xxxxx ERROR : The following ffmpeg logs include the last 100 lines prior to exit.
2023-04-13 12:03:13.892289780 [2023-04-13 14:03:13] ffmpeg.xxxx.detect ERROR : [rtsp @ 0x5582cf5130] Unable to open RTSP for listening

Hey Thanks for the info. I changed the time and my buttons came back. Then I reset the time to Auto and the buttons remained ‘fixed’. Just in case you’re interested.

try to refresh… after.

Is there already one opened, where I can add my examples as well?

Interesting is, that the ha-drawer and everything up to html is not using the full screen here in some cases, as you can see in the screenshot.

In tests, sometimes the 100% heigh in ha-drawer and sometimes the calculated hight of #view in hui-root as connection to this gap if I tested some of this.

And even on pages without double-scroobars, they stay (until reload) if I come from one with double-scrollbar.

2023.4.4 is in the build process as I type this.

This version should fix the button card issue.

Update: Published.

3 Likes

One of the latest releases (4.1 … 4.4) broke “multiple-entity-row” - now entity state is displayed as a “raw” value, w/o localization (see this issue):

type: entities
entities:
  - type: custom:multiple-entity-row
    entity: person.ildar
    entity: binary_sensor.testing_device_class_connectivity
    entity: sun.sun

Ofc this is a custom card - but I have not seen any reported breaking changes in HA in part of functionality used by custom cards.

OK, there were changes related to Polymer - but I do not think this is related to it - as well as to other changes which took place last week and caused (or not caused yet) corresponding fixes in Frontend.

2023.4.4 solved the missing buttons issue :wink: Tested right now.

This card uses copied code from frontend so the code need to be maintained and updated.
BTW, there are open issues in the repository for this.

Thank you, just saw your post.

There is an open PR that fixes lot of similar issues. That should be fixed once it’s merged Use body scroll with ha-drawer by piitaya · Pull Request #16137 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

6 Likes

Since 2023.4.3 scroll doesn’t work on any of my dashboards.

Is it system-wide issue, or should i revise my HACS UI stuff?

Literally one post above yours…

1 Like

Also, can I have a virtual cover entity, as I have with switch?
Just putting cover in the YAML configuration file didn’t succeed.

Awesome!! Nice work!

When are you going to fix conditions tests and traces so they actually show how much “For Time” is remaining ? The lack of votes is not an indication of unimportance. It’s a fundamental information gap which needs to be rectified.

2 Likes

Just curious how many slip up with the states function for jinja? I always question myself everytime I write it whether it’s meant to be state('some.entity') or states('some.entity'). Of course I immediately think of the former as we are not checking more than 1 state. I also understand that this is stamped in and too many people use it for it to be changed but maybe an alias?

I also came across Selectors - Home Assistant who also used the term state and not states which just added to my confusion again.

1 Like

Home Assistant app cant be loaded and fail at start after Reolink integration. (Enable main camera entity)

Probably it is an issue with internal link. I use duckdns. App doesnt work but i can reach HA via local ip.

Seems cameras cant get data over duckdns link

If anybody was wondering what the various ways of importing macros are (and didn’t check the HA docs carefully where it’s linked), it’s all in the Jinja docs.

TL;DR: You can use all the same variations as you can in Python, with one exception (if you know Python).

Quick reference

Import the whole file:

{% import 'tools.jinja' as foo %}
{% foo.bar() %}

As per the example in the HA docs/blog, import one macro (or variable) from the file:

{% from 'tools.jinja' import bar %}
{% bar() %}

Multiple macros (or variables) from the same file:

{% from 'tools.jinja' import bar, bas %}
{% bar() %}
{% bas() %}

You can use aliases too:

{% from 'tools.jinja' import bar as qux, bas %}
{% qux() %}
{% bas() %}

But the one exception (which is different from Python) that won’t work is just doing:

{% import 'tools.jinja' %}
7 Likes

Off topic in this thread.

Also don’t be demanding.

Before this release, it was possible to hide the border/separator between sidebar und main area. Think its color was defined via theme variable divider-color.

Which is still in use for the other separators there

But for the line on the right, here set in blue

now everything there is either hard-coded, like right border width and style or you can see with 1px set border the general background color variable, which is used everywhere.

So currently no way to set border-color or background color which is shining through or border wdth to 0 or … anymore.

Any idea how to set it on my own or who can bring back a separate variable or non hard-coded values there again?

1 Like