2023.5: Let's talk!

It looks like you still have the custom version installed.

I get that same error with Nest after moving to Home Assistant 2023.5.1 and .2. I’ve been reverting to 2023.4.6 and waiting.

AttributeError: 'ConfigEntries' object has no attribute 'async_setup_platforms'

how can i find the core version?

Setting the temperature / humidity of climate entities via Google Home is now broken in 2023.5.0 / 2023.5.1 / 2023.5.2

Unable to fix the issue with restarts and other standard troubleshooting.

Unfortunately, seems like 2023.5.x has been somewhat botched when it comes to integrating with Alexa / Google Home.

really? UniFi Protect - Home Assistant

Just in case anyone runs into similar problems.

I attempted to upgrade to 2023.5.2 again. The DB was corrupted again. Went through the logs this time and there were several errors (abbreviated list below). Looks like my database was upgraded from version 35 to 41 (with every other version in between as steps).

Database is about to upgrade from schema version: 35 to: 41
Dropping index `ix_states_entity_id_last_updated_ts` from table `states`. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Dropping index `ix_events_context_id` from table `events`. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Dropping index `ix_states_context_id` from table `states`. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Dropping index `ix_statistics_short_term_metadata_id` from table `statistics_short_term`. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Adding index `ix_event_types_event_type` to table `event_types`. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Index ix_event_types_event_type already exists on event_types, continuing
Adding index `ix_states_meta_entity_id` to table `states_meta`. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!
Index ix_states_meta_entity_id already exists on states_meta, continuing

Unrecoverable sqlite3 database corruption detected: (sqlite3.IntegrityError) UNIQUE constraint failed: event_types.event_type [SQL: INSERT INTO event_types (event_type) VALUES (?) RETURNING event_type_id] [parameters: ('service_registered',)] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/20/gkpj)
Error executing query: (sqlite3.IntegrityError) UNIQUE constraint failed: event_types.event_type [SQL: INSERT INTO event_types (event_type) VALUES (?) RETURNING event_type_id] [parameters: ('service_registered',)] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/20/gkpj)
The system will rename the corrupt database file //config/home-assistant_v2.db to //config/home-assistant_v2.db.corrupt.2023-05-08T22:38:39.933528+00:00 in order to allow startup to proceed

I ended up following the steps from several posts (here, here, and here) on stopping HA, copying the corrupted database, running sqlite3 to repair it, and then reloading it into HA. I used the downtime to complete several updates on the system as well. Restarted HA and everything has been working since.

Most people here have issues with voice control etc - but I need to raise again a question about removing the old functionality on a “History” page.
In the ticket below we were told that someone (no names were reported) from Frontend decided to remove this functionality.

As it was discussed many times in Community, the new functionality (“no graphs are displayed by default, select particular entities”) cannot replace the old one (“graphs for predefined list of entities are displayed, you may select a particular entity instead”), it just merely an addition to the old one.
So, the perfect way is to keep the old functionality with a new possibility to show graphs for SEVERAL entities.
I would like to hear why the old functionality was removed.
I hoped that the old functionality will be re-added - but it seems that it was removed finally since the old yaml config became deprecated in 2023.5.

5 Likes

Did you run any dev version of ESPHOME on the devices? Also, did you hear the speakers ‘pop’ when you used them first? I think both of mine blew on first use. When I hold my ear on them, I hear something happening when playback starts - so it must be hardware really :frowning:

No, this is a new device, flashed for the first time straight to the provided voice assist firmware. I have not noticed the ‘pop’ but can’t be sure that it was not there.

1 Like

As it said in the ticket you pointed to, the place to discuss this is frontend discussions.

1 Like

I can read.
Pointing people to Discussions could be a good way to shutdown a problem.

Update: created a topic in Discussions - for the record.

4 Likes

This seems like a good bit of work. Way too many posts to dig through, so please forgive me if this has been asked already; are there any plans to allow using Asterisk through the VoIP integration? I’d love to be able to use a sip client on my smartphone to dial into Home Assistant and interact with it that way.

There is already an Asterisk add-on and Integration. I don’t use them, but perhaps they can be leveraged to do it. Worth investigating.

It needs to support the opus codec.

1 Like

Yes, offcourse , asterisk can also be used as an adapter to call assist with any regular sofphone, in asterisk in your dialplan, just call the IP of HA… Done, make sure to define correct codecs, and pay attention on ports, asterisk also uses 5060 by default

Personally I stopped to be frustrated when I started to use Interactive History Explorer Card in panel mode. Perfect replacement for old/new history dashboard. You can define entities to be displayed (like in old one) add dynamically new one (as in new one) and can customize colors to individual graphs/states (like none of build in can). Additionally you can easily define time window to display and scroll through the history. Perfect replacement! On top of that cudos to @HeyImAlex, developer of this card, who is very responsive to request to update card functionality.

8 Likes

Well… then keep your secrets :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

2023-05-11 11_17_31-Settings – Home Assistant and 2 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge

2023-05-11 11_17_37-Settings – Home Assistant and 2 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge

3 Likes

Maybe one of those integrations? :smile:

• webhook
  • brottsplatskartan
  • workday

surely - another restart solved the mystery and revealed the workday integration as cause :wink:

I installed this version (Link to Integrations: Add integration – My Home Assistant), same problem. It look the same old unifi protect.

First i removed unifi protect
then i follow the the link ans instal the unifi protect, connect to the local UDM contoler. all OK
but de intergation Failed to set up.

When i click on the documentation i go to old doc : GitHub - briis/unifiprotect: Control and monitor your Unifi Protect Cameras from Home Assistant