2023.5: Let's talk!

I can read.
Pointing people to Discussions could be a good way to shutdown a problem.

Update: created a topic in Discussions - for the record.

4 Likes

This seems like a good bit of work. Way too many posts to dig through, so please forgive me if this has been asked already; are there any plans to allow using Asterisk through the VoIP integration? I’d love to be able to use a sip client on my smartphone to dial into Home Assistant and interact with it that way.

There is already an Asterisk add-on and Integration. I don’t use them, but perhaps they can be leveraged to do it. Worth investigating.

It needs to support the opus codec.

1 Like

Yes, offcourse , asterisk can also be used as an adapter to call assist with any regular sofphone, in asterisk in your dialplan, just call the IP of HA… Done, make sure to define correct codecs, and pay attention on ports, asterisk also uses 5060 by default

Personally I stopped to be frustrated when I started to use Interactive History Explorer Card in panel mode. Perfect replacement for old/new history dashboard. You can define entities to be displayed (like in old one) add dynamically new one (as in new one) and can customize colors to individual graphs/states (like none of build in can). Additionally you can easily define time window to display and scroll through the history. Perfect replacement! On top of that cudos to @HeyImAlex, developer of this card, who is very responsive to request to update card functionality.

8 Likes

Well… then keep your secrets :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

2023-05-11 11_17_31-Settings – Home Assistant and 2 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge

2023-05-11 11_17_37-Settings – Home Assistant and 2 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge

3 Likes

Maybe one of those integrations? :smile:

• webhook
  • brottsplatskartan
  • workday

surely - another restart solved the mystery and revealed the workday integration as cause :wink:

I installed this version (Link to Integrations: Add integration – My Home Assistant), same problem. It look the same old unifi protect.

First i removed unifi protect
then i follow the the link ans instal the unifi protect, connect to the local UDM contoler. all OK
but de intergation Failed to set up.

When i click on the documentation i go to old doc : GitHub - briis/unifiprotect: Control and monitor your Unifi Protect Cameras from Home Assistant

Remove the custom integration first: you need to delete its folder in custom_components/ and restart HA

With the changes to the frontend for exposing entitites, is there any plan to allow customizing the Alexa DISPLAY_CATEGORIES in the new menus? This is the only reason I still use YAML configuration for cloud/Alexa, since I have several devices that I have set to specific custom display categories.

Seconded. This is an excellent graphing card. There are some minor limitations vs. the Apex Charts card but I find myself using HEC for all of my graphs. And agree, the dev is very responsive.

Thank you. I would probably install Asterisk on a separate device, which would eliminate any issues with ports.

Happened for me as well, I just installed my system backup because almost all my devices were offline even after pairing multiple times over the last few days

Any new info on this? just updated and my wiz lights stopped working as well

Any error logs? My Wiz lights are still working on 2023.5.2

I think i’ve got it. There was an issue reported on the wiz custom component (added via HACS). They say to delete the custom component and remove the integration and re-add it using core integration, i’m about to try that now.
edit: Yep, that did it. Thanks for checking in

1 Like

Yes, that’s what this thread says too.

1 Like

@kg23 and @BartGysens . I’m sure that your issue is related with this.

Waiting for config entry platforms

In the version 2022.4.6 you should have a warning like this:

Detected integration that called async_setup_platforms instead of awaiting async_forward_entry_setups; this will fail in version 2023.3. Please report issue to the custom integration author for….