2023.5: Let's talk!

This is by far one of my favourite changes this update, never seen this before.

1 Like

You are happy if you see the Sun started.
In my case I see sometimes that Sun is not created.
Have to reboot HA then.

1 Like

Have you tried waiting until morning?

17 Likes

This seems to have killed something related to my z2m. All my entities are unavailable. Z2m and mosquito broker are both running. Z2m devices are controllable from within z2m interface but not home assistant. Anyone else having this issue?

@Bieniu I see that the AccuWeather version was bumped up in release 2023.5.4 so Home Assistans AccuWeather integration now also support the language definition right? I have not been able to figure out how to set my preferred language in Home Assistant. There is not anything in the User Interface and I cannot find any config file to edit. Is there something I need to add to the ā€œconfiguration.yamlā€?

No, languages are supported in version 1.0.0, HA 2023.5.4 uses accuweather 0.5.2.

Andā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if I will implement languages in the integration. This causes some problems.

Thank you for the information. I hope that you will add the language support some day even if it poses some challenges.

hehe.

as a matter of fact, I hadnā€™t realized we could leave sun: out of the yaml now (when was this changed?)ā€¦

I still had it listed (dont use default_config:), and config never complained, even while it is setup in the integrations panel now.

But the old and still available sun.sun with its attributes is not the new integration, which is adding

1 Like

yes, I figured that too, however, this is still very much alive:

Maybe it is activated as a dependency, even without sun: in the yaml

all in all its the same integration/platform core/homeassistant/components/sun at dev Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

I have never seen ā€œsun.sunā€ NOT CREATED before some recent changes.
Not sure if it is related to yaml or UI config.

sun.sun is included in the default_config:
Which nodoubt will be depreciated within the coming months !

2 Likes

Not here. Working fine.

Not sure where to report it but 2023.5.2 is the last version that is working on my RPI3, ssd disk and a Sonoff Universal Zigbee 3.0

Trying to upgrade it just results in unresponsive unit with extremly hot cpu (autoupdate is a bad option right now)

Itā€™s never a good option.

4 Likes

as said, I dont use default_config

The sun has broken the bounds of default config and become sentient. I smell a movie plot in the works

3 Likes

Did you or anyone else figured out this ? Really want the new UI to work

Nope I didnā€™t upgrade for now.

Itā€™s been answered multiple times in the thread, it still works