2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

It is dealt with numerous times in this thread.

That’s great Nick, maybe I missed it :wink:

no errors in the logs

Yep, you’re not alone. I started this thread a few days ago. Thanks for the GitHub issue link!

2 Likes

After applying 2023.6.2, our default and dwains dashboards will not load and display “Custom-element doesn’t exist.” We rolled back to 2023.6.1 to recover the dashboards.

Thank you in advance for your support, and I look forward to your comments!

better try here Dwains Dashboard - 1 CLICK install Dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.1.0 - #2494 by blakito

Not with logging turned up? Come on, the community depends on people debugging.

For anyone else who runs into this problem, it was because I only had the camera stream defined, and not the still image URL. You need both now apparently.

Fully agree, and since its “Home Assistant’s Year of the voice”, adding “labels” to the favourites would then also enable speech control. Let’s talk :wink:

2 Likes

Finally got around to running the upgrade today - absolute disaster but in a really weird way…

HA upgraded from 2023.5.4 to 2023.6.2 fine but then all hell broke loose on my network. My Draytek 2762 (central hub for my network and gateway to my ONT fibre connection) started boot looping so my LAN is going up and down like a yo-yo making access even to HA difficult as heck. I started unplugging things one by one and eventually noticed this only occurred when I plugged in my RPI4 which runs HASSOS and HA… What the heck?

Through sheer persistence I managed to stay connected to HA long enough to issue and restore core to 2023.5.4 and instantly the problem is gone… So it’s definitely HA causing this - but I assume somehow through a network traffic change that the Draytek doesn’t like…

Not sure how to proceed because it’s obviously difficult to analyse anything with the LAN dropping every few seconds!

The moment HA rebooted to restore the backup the Draytek stabilised.

Edit: Saw the github bug reports seems it’s everyone with Draytek kit…

I don’t run Draytek gear, but I’m always curious about problems like this. Next time it could be my router.

Any chance of posting a link to the Github bug reports?

1 Like

UPnP seems one reason, but not solely

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay replying. I checked out that thread and the one thing I noticed was that everyone else having the issue has a Draytek router. I also have one. So this thread completely fixed the issue for me!

Incidentally, it seems there’s something in the HA codebase which seems to interfere quite badly with UPnP on Draytek routers. Turning off UPnP on the router seems to resolve the issue (and probably should be off anyway since it’s a bit of a security concern) but it may be worth looking into what is causing it to be flooded in the first place, as I suspect there may be other headaches it’s causing that aren’t revealing themselves quite as noticeably as I saw

1 Like

Not sure if this is the proper way to ask a question but here we go! :sweat_smile:

I have multiple drives in my server and I cannot figure out the syntax for the remote share. How do I specify the drive my share is in?

Thank you!

What type of server is it? Windows (you would use Samba/Windows/CIFS), linux based or hardware NAS (usually NFS but can also be Samba)? If it’s windows and you didn’t specifically create any network shares or share anything out, to access a drive it would be the drive letter followed by a dollar sign (C$ for example). So if you’d want to access a specific folder on C: it would be C$/folder/to/data. But in order to access that the user would need to have administrator rights. You’re better off sharing out the folder you want to access. If you don’t know how to do this, it can be done via a right click, but a quick google will help you as well.

1 Like

I tried to update an entry helper type: schedule but the GUI seems not showing any possibility to modify anymore.

Someone in 2023.6.2 can check if have the same issue ?

[edit] seems also applicable to numbers, switches, input select

My add Helper button stopped working at some point, can’t be 100% certain it is with the June Release since I haven’t used it fie a while.

1 Like

Re-load your browser

Not related to that. In private mode, it’s the same.

Can you share a screenshot of your Synology NFS share config for this one?