2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

This is a different issue than what I had, mine was caused by the changes in z-wave endpoint introduced in 2023.6, it was solved in 2023.6.2 with #94445

The new network storage feature does not seem to reconnect after restarting the machine that the share is on (Samba share on a Windows machine). Is that expected or should I report that somewhere?

It makes it hard to build automations that play media from the share if it sometimes does not work.

Yes, my FireHD 10 on android 9.0 stopped logging in to lovelace with Wallpanel and 2023.6.3. Clearing cache and stuff could not get it to work. Had to restore back to 2023.5 and voila, no problems logging in.

If 2023.7 had the same problems I will open up a ticket to request a comment on if this change is neccissary. It is a breaking change for anyone stuck on android 9 and the stock webview, yet it is not mentioned in the release notes… so clearly not known for the devs.

Hate to have to crack the tablet up and try to patch my way back to stock FireOS 7 and try a hacking session of lineage OS just because of maybe some minor change.

2 Likes

Thanks @dtx - good to know I’m not going crazy! :crazy_face:

Work fine for me too on my Minisforum GK50 X86-64 mini-pc as Home assistant server, with:
“thermal_zone0” instead of “thermal_zone2”
On Version:
Home Assistant 2023.7.0
Supervisor 2023.07.1
Operating System 10.3
Frontend 20230705.0 - latest

The zones relates on where you want to measure the temperature depending on the thermal zone:

Great update! I really like the new integrations page. Many thanks to all!

1 Like

I skipped the v2023.6 update originally as I had intended to wait until a later v2023.6.x release. Anyway, time got ahead of me and, although I don’t usual install first releases, I installed v2023.7, which has been great so far.

I noticed, however, that the “favorite colors” area of the light entity card (a v2023.6 feature) looks a bit different on my dashboard compared to the blog post for v2023.6:

What is the button with the sun icon between the power button and colour/temperature pickers? Pressing it didn’t seem to do anything. I am running Circadian Lighting, so if would be great to use that button to toggle circadian lighting.

Is it brightness?

Edit: it is the button to get the control you are on, ie the slider for brightness. If you click on the button to it’s right you get the colour wheel, and to the right of that the colour temp control.

That makes sense! Looks like it may have been added in a later .x update. Thanks.

Great that we can see “Last changed” and “Last updated” in the cards… except these reset every time Home Assistant is restarted. People have been asking for these numbers to be preserved across restarts for years now, but instead we get a better look at the functionally useless numbers. No, all my lights weren’t just turned off 25 minutes ago when I restarted the HA container.

4 Likes

@fisch55 @crzynik
I’m getting the same Mounting frigate did not succeed. Check host logs for errors from mount or systemd unit mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-frigate.mount for details. error.

Where you able to identify how store frigate media on a network drive?

And did you?

no, I’m seeking a solution to the same problem.

You should listen to this and check the host logs for errors

Docs are there: Home Assistant network storage | Frigate

I’m following these directions but getting errors when trying to connect (mount) / step #5:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/websocket_api.py:130
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:02:22 PM (11 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:29:52 PM

Failed to to call /store -
Failed to to call /ingress/validate_session -
Failed to to call /mounts - Mounting frigate did not succeed. Check host logs for errors from mount or systemd unit mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-frigate.mount for details.

The host logs:

Has anyone else been successful at mounting a network drive for Frigate?

Yes, many users have. This error seems entirely unrelated to frigate though

The error looks like “connection refused”
This could be…

• path doesn’t exist on the Nas
  • credentials are not accepted by the Nas
  • the smb service is not enabled on the Nas.

Just some ideas to hopefully help you out.

1 Like

You cannot mount to a directory that already has files in it. That is why the error message is “because it is not empty”.

@ludeeus I have many hours trying to add my synology nas to the network storage with no success. I followed all the steps from creating a shared folder on the nas and adding the ip address of my HA server. I tried the nfc and samba options with no success.
I am running HA on proxmox server 8. My home assistant server is using the latest version
Here is a screen shot of the error I am receiving:
network
The log shows the following:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/websocket_api.py:130
Integration: Home Assistant Supervisor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:23:28 AM (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:42:23 AM

Failed to to call /mounts - Could not unmount Nas1 due to: Transaction for mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas1.mount/stop is destructive (mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas1.mount has 'start' job queued, but 'stop' is included in transaction).
Failed to to call /mounts - Could not unmount Nas due to: Transaction for mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas.mount/stop is destructive (mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-Nas.mount has 'start' job queued, but 'stop' is included in transaction).

I would be grateful if anyone can assist me resolving this issue. Thank you