2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

Im still On 2023.4.6 due to ZHA issues

solution found.

Iā€™ve gotten the same error, but trying to connect to NAS storage exposed from my router running FreshTomato. I have tried both with and without authentication enabled, with no luck either way.

Iā€™ve also gotten a different error (ā€œMounting backup did not succeed. Check host logs for errors from mount or systemd unit mnt-data-supervisor-mounts-backup.mount for details.ā€), but regardless Iā€™ve so far been unable to connect to the shares, though I can connect fine from my Windows machines and Mac on the same network.

Synology NAS too, I set my shared folder NFS to allow all local traffic R/W access without authentication.

Works for me.
Path: /volume1/My Share Folder Name/

Mounted my NASā€¦to home assistant

Is ist possible to record the Frigate files to the NAS?

yes, you need to create a media volume named frigate

Regarding deprecation of Google Nest - I am totally confused. The deprecation reads: The Google Nest YAML configuration has been fully removed. You should ensure you have imported your configuration and credentials into the UI before upgrading.

1. There are no instructions on how to do this upgrade.
  2. The link to the current Nest Integration Documentation displays a ā€˜Configuration.Yamlā€™ at the end of the process.Google Nest - Home Assistant

Soā€¦ Who needs to upgrade? Apparently even if weā€™ve upgraded we still have a reference to Configuration.Yaml on our integrations page? How do we tell if we need to upgrade, and how do we do it?

4 Likes

mmmmm something went wrongā€¦

Just did the update, but somehow my MQTT is not working correct. Iā€™ve seen the braking change about last_reset_value_template, but in my configuration I donā€™t use that.

Am I the only one or do more people have problems with MQTT after updating?

Samsung TV Remote -
From the release notes: " The Samsung TV now has a remote entity, allowing you to send remote key presses directly to your TV!"

Thought I would give it a try. The samsung doc has an example:

service: remote.send_command
target:
  device_id: 72953f9b4c9863e28ddd52c87dcebe05
data:
  command:
    - KEY_MENU

So my first problem was trying to determine what the device id should be in my case.
I found it in .storage/core.device_registry

"id": "9da6e65f04777cf3468579811960d198",
          "identifiers": [
            [
              "samsungtv",
              "08f0d180-0077-1000-877d-4844f777bb7c"
            ]
          ],
          "manufacturer": "Samsung",

the device_id is: 9da6e65f04777cf3468579811960d198.
With that, the service call worked!!

If there is a better way to find out what the device_id is, I would be happy to know :slight_smile:

Iā€™m lost with network storage.

I want to mount the external drive i already have exposed as a SAMBA share through the official addon (which works fine). I want to use this extra space to store frigate recoardings.

Ive been able mout it as a media folder butā€¦now what? Does this mean it becomes ā€˜theā€™ media storage? Or additional storage that can be used for media? No folders or files have been created in the share, and HA is working as normal.

It create a new folder under /media with the same name as you gave the mount.

For frigate, you have to name it ā€œfrigateā€.

1 Like

Yeah ive just seen you can browse the share under ā€˜local storageā€™.

If I name it frigate does that mean it can be only used for frigate? Is the idea to have one share dedicated to frigate in addition to ones for other media?

I do not use frigate, but as I understand it, it has a strict path requirement of /media/frigate.

You can however add multiple mounts with different names to the same share.

2 Likes

Ok, everything seemed fine. But it is very quiet in house.
That is a major problem with this update!

VLC-TELNET quit on me. No TTS announcements. No sound from the server anymoreā€¦

investigating now, somehow i feel, this will be a tough oneā€¦
Created own topic for thisā€¦

I can use some assist with this, please :wink:

EDIT:

Looks very similar to this:

So Iā€™m not the only oneā€¦

1 Like

Dear all

snipping from release notes 2023.6

The following integrations are now available via the Home Assistant UI:

This doesnā€™t work.
If i integrate it via UI a message told me, it must be done via configuration.yaml

Best regards

Gerd

Seems like you are running it as a custom integration:

CleanShot 2023-06-08 at 21.31.37

And not using the one Home Assistant provides.

ā€¦/Frenck

1 Like

I had the same issue, and a reboot solved it. (May as well update the agent before you reboot)

Has anyone that was having the issues with ZHA / Aqara Devices / HUSBZB-1 tried out 2023.6 yet?

I have been sitting back on 2023.4.6 because any version in 2023.5.X has made my Aqara devices completely unreliable. They just stop responding, but donā€™t even report that theyā€™re unavailable. Re-pairing makes it work for a couple hours but then they stop again.

Everything is completely rock solid in 2023.4.6.

Iā€™m very interested in the new NFS stuff but I spent so much time during 2023.5ā€™s run updating and rolling back and re-pairing devices that I just want to wait until I see more discussion and confirmation of this issue. It doesnā€™t seem like it has much attention.

1 Like

As the Network storage option has been added, is there any way to create a Backup to a USB connected external drive? Not to the Data drive, not to move the Data drive, but to directly to an external USB connected drive. (HDD/SSD/Pendrive)

3 Likes