2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

SSL access via my DuckDNS hostname also failed after 6.1 update (6.0 is fine). I am using some port redirect on my firewall to allow outside access and I also use the external name (duckdns.org) on the LAN. This worked fine in 2023.6.0 but not in 6.1. I restored from 6.1 to 6.0 and it works again. Access to https://my.lan.ip:8123 still worked.

I’m not using the DuckDNS addon, only LetsEncrypt (I update my external IP to DuckDNS from my Firewall).

Btw HA is run on RPI 4.

I am not trolling I’m replying to posts that I consider trolling. It’s the same every month. You don’t raise issues when you find them and complain about it like it’s being done on purpose to make your life miserable. I’m trying to get you to just create the issues without the unnecessary complaining. That’s it

12 Likes

I realized that “template” platform supports both ways:

And the new “command_line” platform supports only the “bottom way”.
Do not find it consistent.
This issue was closed by developer, said smth like “it was discussed & agreed” (addressed to this topic).

That’s because it is no ‘issue’ (as in ‘bug’)

The fact you (me too) may find it inconsistent doesn’t imply a bug ……

Nobody said this is a bug.
There is difference between “wrong” & “inconsistent”.
As I already said, the issue was created since there is no Discussions in “core” section. Now I think that I should create a Discussion in a “architecture” section. Finally, I was addressed to a dedicated discussion.

2 Likes

Same issue here

Seems that this also broke automations where MQTT is used as a trigger, or at least that is what I can gather from the very vague error message

The mqtt platform for the switch integration does not support platform setup

I’ve already switched over to the new format for all my MQTT devices, but the old format is still used inside of automations. Is this no longer supported either?

this how I have it setup at the moment

automation:
  - id: ai_trigger_person_in_backyard
    alias: AI trigger person in backyard
    trigger:
    - platform: mqtt
      topic: "BlueIris/backyard/Status"
1 Like

Mine is working without a password. Here is my share from Samba:

[backups]
   comment = Backups folder
   path = /media/steve/7f9b413a-a874-7e48-9d1d-e9cb6beb0654/backups
   create mask=0777
   directory mask=0777
   read only = no
   browsable = yes
   guest ok = yes
   force group = steve
   force user = steve

Found same difference. I changed my template to the way of xommabd_line. Maybe in New releases this will become the way how to do.

I like the related info. If I use it on a helper and it is used in an automation, it isn’t shown. That is something to look at I believe.

Nope, you missed an mqtt entity in your switch section.

1 Like

A really quick way is to look at the device info page. The device id is the last part of the URL

1 Like

What issues? I’m on 2023.5 without ZHA problems and am about to upgrade to 2023.6.1.

You know what, you are completely right not sure how I missed it but indeed I did. I was so ready to say no I didn’t :smiley: but of course before doing something stupid like that went through all of it again to make sure I was right, and I wasn’t.

I think I got stuck on the new fancy UI and somehow expected all the MQTT devices to show up there but of course they wouldn’t if they are only used in templates :man_facepalming:

Interesting. I don’t have force group/user in my Samba share and it’s a media server so it’s read only. HA complained about authorization when I tried guest without a password and I assumed it required a password because all my other mounts to my share are via passwordless guest. I’ll need to play around with this.

Looks like the previously mentioned bug with sound output is found and solved, we hope on a quick release now… :wink:

Hi
How add this date, time and date and time ? It is new feature ?

This was available before version 2023.6.0

it’s not used yet.

Hi. Maybe you can leverage the solution below instead of working with persistent notifications as they are no longer stored in the state machine.

1 Like

Password: ""
It’s a null password, not no password…

Can you edit the smb.conf file on the Samba server?