2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

/share/, not share/

2 Likes

:+1: That did it, thanks!!

Thanks, just tested it and indeed works. Still have to tweak it to send it to 1 Nest and not all. But you probably canā€™t delete the accounement text.

EDIT:
If your grocy is having issues starting, you may have to update to beta version 4.9 onward temporarily.

Thank you @reste_narquois for the solution in next comment

==================

It looks like some integrations that are purely entity based (do not have any devices) have no way to restart the integration through the UI like before (at the integration level) if they had severe startup errors. (grocy is notorious for loading the integration prior to the grocy server itself, throwing python errors) normally a reload after boot resolves it.

Seems to only be affecting my grocy, has anyone noticed similar issues with other integrations now that reload as been moved inside the integration page?

You are not seeing the reload option there because your Grocy component hasnā€™t even loaded in the first place.

Check your logs to see the error message. Thereā€™s an issue reported for the component, which also includes a work around to get it running again

1 Like

Great feature with the Network Storage option so we can skip Google Drive backup.

But shouldnā€™t Samba/windows protocol not be the most simple way to connect? I can map my NAS share to my local PC but I cannot map from my Home Assistant. What do I do wrong? (It should be so simple):

Yes, this is like making a mistake in a yaml configuration. MQTT Discovery is the ā€œautomatedā€ yaml configuration for MQTT. It has to be correct for the resulting sensor to be added. It also determines the behavior of the entity. So mistakes in it can and will cause issues in home assistant. You shouldnā€™t be tinkering with discovery topics without fully understanding the impact it has, and you should stick with the basic Z2M discovery setups that it provides.

Since I updated to 2023.6.1 Node Red is connecting and closing connection to http://supervisor/core in a loop so flows cannot be triggered. Restore to 2023.5 runs fine. Any ideas?

1 Like

Daikin also broken for me. Had downgrade before I had time to get some logs unfortunately but Iā€™ll go again soon

The default Sun integration does not show on the default dashboard anymore. Is that intended?

Iā€™m having a fun oneā€¦

I just upgraded to 2023.6.1 from 2023.5.4 and for some reason it keeps forcing my router to reboot. As itā€™s not up long enough for me to downgrade again (and the backup is no help) Iā€™m a bit stuck.

Iā€™ve not seen what could be causing it. Almost nothing is coming up properly and Iā€™m thinking itā€™s something in the Supervisor itself which doesnā€™t like something. Iā€™ve disabled all the add-ons and unplugged both the Zigbee and Z-Wave sticks, but nothing is working.

Iā€™m running a Supervised install on an old thin client. Iā€™ve updated the base OS (Debian Bullseye) and made sure that Python 3.11 is the default version.

Right now Iā€™ve had to disconnect it from the LAN so I can work from home today, but sooner or later Iā€™ll need the lights working. Iā€™m at a dead lossā€¦

You should be able to access SSH if you have that set up. That will allow you to see the supervisor logs to see whatā€™s going on.

As a sidebar, python3.11 doesnā€™t matter on a supervised install because thatā€™s included in core. When you update HA, the container running core updates with python 3.11. You do not need it on your OS.

Check this https://community.home-assistant.io/t/updated-entire-network-crashing/579664

Do you have the user homeassistant created on the NAS host with the credentials you entered in the dialog? If you can connect to the share from a local PC, you can just use those same credentials in the ā€œadd network storageā€ dialog.

My only complaint with the existing setup is itā€™s not allowing access as a guest (password is required in the dialog). Other than that, this works fine.

I couldnā€™t connect to my synology share with cifs also, even though i can connect from PC just fine. NFS works, though. It seems that either weā€™re missing something or thereā€™s a bug in HAā€¦

Also: password with sign ā€œ=ā€œ included is not acceptedā€¦ WHY???

Not sure what smb version is your nas using, but in hassio is version not possible to specify and therefore nas with smb 1.0 is not working.

Not sure for MrBorg, but if he has default settings like me then minimal version is smb2, max.version is smb3

Just for my pride and reputation.

I do not tinker with the discovery. I am running zigbee2mqtt as recommented for Home Assistant.

But the input field for the home assistant URL (which home assistant uses to link to the z2m site) does not check the format in the UI. So I had put the IP address without http:// in front. That naturally must go wrong if everything expects a full URL.

But Home assistant should not crash the entire MQTT integration because a field does not match the exact expected format. It is normal coding practice to always check all user data (messages from MQTT must be considered user data) and handle errors properly. The code should ignore the data in the url field and issued a warning in the log and not crash the entire integration so mqtt.publish service calls that are unrelated fails.

A crash like this may even be a security issue. It is often untested user data that attackers abuse for arbitrary code execution exploits

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, I donā€™t follow your logic here. If you input the wrong url, the integration will not work. Thatā€™s the same for all integrations. Itā€™s not ā€œcrashingā€. And there will be an error in your log.

If youā€™re not referring to that field, the you should clarify because you may have found a bug. Which btw doesnā€™t require a ā€œsoftware should or shouldnā€™t doā€ dissertation on why youā€™re upset with functionality. Itā€™s simply a bug that should be reported.

You are trolling. A moderator that trolls.

I posted my experience here not for developers (that is what bug reports are for) but for the users that reported problems with mqtt stability in recent versions.
Maybe they can make things work by checking this exact thing - zigbee2mqtt is popular. Or similar fields.

And now that I am home alone I could make my house without zigbee2mqtt to get the logs for a real bug report for the developers. I posted this earlier today.

2 Likes