2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

No, container.

as of yesterday (was it the update to 2023.6.2…? must be given the command_line changes in it) my command_line cpu temp sensor stopped working.

command_line:

# https://github.com/adamoutler/HassOSArgonOneAddon/issues/14#issuecomment-880629120
  - sensor:
      unique_id: cpu_temp_command_line
#       name: Cpu temp (read)
      command: >
        read -r val </sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp;echo ${val}
      value_template: >
        {{value|multiply(0.001)}}
      unit_of_measurement: °C

not using system monitor, as that is not compatible with the MiniPC architecture

its not the syntax of the command_line itself, Ive had those changed during the beta, and it worked flawlessly before:

more detail:

anyone else seeing this same behavior?
must be something going wrong when they added Fix manual update for Command Line by gjohansson-ST · Pull Request #94433 · home-assistant/core · GitHub and I didnt check its effect…?
issue: command_line no longer updates ¡ Issue #94706 ¡ home-assistant/core ¡ GitHub

No problem here on 6.2 (x86):

command_line:
  - sensor:
      name: CPU Temperature
      command: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone2/temp
      unit_of_measurement: "°C"
      value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(2) }}"
1 Like

ok let me try that different command

I just had to restart to get it to show, and because I dont use the name: field in the config, had expected it to show up under its unique_id name

- sensor:
      unique_id: cpu_minipc_temp_command_line
      command: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
      unit_of_measurement: °C
      value_template: >
        {{value|multiply(0.001)}}

however, had a hard time finding it…

seems a further PR is in order to at least have it adopt the naming scheme of template:

next Ill add it to recorder and see if it tracks the temp at all.

as the link in my post explains, the ‘read’ is an optimal version, so I would hope it to get back online

Is it? I could’t find that in your links. However, that command is how it is described in the documentation.

this link to the GitHub

Ok, thanks

The option is only available for hassos

btw, now look what’s happening, we have life back again (still my original ‘read’ command_line sensor):

and as I should have noticed before, the state was probably right, at least upon restart, but the history graph was immobilized:

cant explain what is happening yet, both at least report the same :wink:

Confession

wish I could retract the above…

as I typed the above sentence on my original ‘read’ sensor, it started to dawn on me. During that update to 2023…6.2 I had changed the entity_id of my sensor, but forgotten to change that in my recorder included filter:

- sensor.cpu_temp #_read

my apologies, Ill retract/close the issue right away…

No, also for supervised.

No, it’s not available for supervised. Maybe with an rpi, but definitely not with bare bones Debian on a generic x64 platform.

It is, you just need to make sure systemd-dbus works, and the data disk is mounted correctly (slave).
https://www.home-assistant.io/common-tasks/supervised/#network-storage

2 Likes

Apparently my os agent is out of date, but I mounted the normal way. Good to know, maybe I’ll update the os agent some day.

https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/blob/8b4e8e9804e3d9d920badcc843d2b9fe273c1e2b/supervisor/host/manager.py#L116-L117 This is how is validated, when that returns True, you can use the feature.

It is dealt with numerous times in this thread.

That’s great Nick, maybe I missed it :wink:

no errors in the logs

Yep, you’re not alone. I started this thread a few days ago. Thanks for the GitHub issue link!

2 Likes

After applying 2023.6.2, our default and dwains dashboards will not load and display “Custom-element doesn’t exist.” We rolled back to 2023.6.1 to recover the dashboards.

Thank you in advance for your support, and I look forward to your comments!

better try here Dwains Dashboard - 1 CLICK install Dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.1.0 - #2494 by blakito