2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

I wonder if everyone reading this understands what this NFS setting does.

It defines an NFS share which enables anyone with an IP address. Unless you are able to use some advanced Kerberos authentication. NFS is really primitive in its original scheme.

Do you want to make a directory on your Synology open with read/write access to anyone with an IP address of the local network? Go ahead. You will not be protected by username and password.

I recommend setting up a Samba share at it requires a basic username and password. I would only use NFS if the directory never contains any data containing confidential data and it is OK that it gets deleted. That may be OK for a media directory with songs you can always add again

If you use such directory for Home Assistant Backup then you put all your secrets and passwords used in your Home Assistant then I would not put it in an NFS share and especially not one where you do not even limit access to a single IP address.

4 Likes

Agreed, without a doubt. Thanks for helping to highlight this. :pray:t2:

or even better use a docker volume backed by nfs driver :slight_smile:

But that may require an option to HA container to add volumes (external or not). Not sure if such an option exists.

Anyone have the same problem as me.

I am using Firefox. When I click on ā€œAdd-onsā€ I get a spinning wheel and it never loads. I then can click into everything else but not backups and I get the spinning wheel again.

If I close my browser down and open it again, login to HA I can go into my backups, but if I try and click on ā€œAdd-onā€ I get the spinning wheel again and canā€™t click into backups again.

I cleared everything, history cache, xyz and this still happens.

If I use edge browser then all is good. Just happening in Firefox browser.

Any ideas?

I reply to myself and yes it was somehow a caching issue on my side. Sorry for that. I will double check next time before posting :wink:

Huawei_Solar integration (GitHub - Emilv2/huawei_solar: Home Assistant custom component for Huawei inverters) stopped working when HA Core was upgraded from 2023.5.4 to 20236.2 . Only way to recover was to restore HA Core to V:2023.5.4 from backup.

So post on the GitHub for that custom component.

now this is a novelty, out of the blue popping up:

havent touched any add-on, and am on the beta channel, so any supervisor update would have been notified?

Itā€™s because of the core update that has changed the default configuration used by the add-ons. Therefore to load all add-ons with the up-to-date configuration you need to restart the full HA environment. As add-ons donā€™t restart with a HA-core restart. Nothing to do with the supervisor updates.

but that has been 3 weeks (well almost 5 counting the betas) nowā€¦ and I have restarted multiple times daily since then. so it must be something else

And where is that code and/or where is it documented?

Same here. I lost ALL automations on the UI when updating from 2023.6.1 to 2023.6.2. Also they did not trigger, although they all were present in the automations.yaml. After another reboot the automations were back on the UI and triggering. :man_shrugging:

well, not exactly documentation but we have this: What does 'The default configuration for add-ons and Home Assistant has changed.' mean? - #3 by petro

somehow thats not an explanation either

A new version of Supervisor went out 7 hours ago: Releases Ā· home-assistant/supervisor (github.com)

After I installed it I had the same message as you about restarting addons.

The message tells you everything you need to know. Iā€™m not sure why people find it confusing. Addons have a configuration. Something changed in that configuration. In order for the addon to use that new configuration, it needs to restart.

2 Likes

well, somethings iffyā€¦

Iā€™ve restarted twice now, and yet:

persistsā€¦

and, as said. I am on the beta channel, where Supervisor updates are announced normally, and need to be updated manuallyā€¦

besides, I dont get a SU update warning and my system reports:

Home Assistant 2023.6.2
Supervisor 2023.06.3
Operating System 10.3
Frontend-versie: 20230608.0 - latest

because it is. and the restarts dont solve the issue/repair

and no it didntā€¦

1 Like

Whatever addon thatā€™s not ā€œupdatingā€ has a bug. I.e. you most likely have a custom addon thatā€™s not updating because soemthing on it is out of date.

you can see what it is reporting, next to HA itself, all core add-ons, or the community add-ons, nothing exotic. And they werenā€™t updated at all

Your on Supervisor 2023.06.3 so thatā€™s one change thatā€™s happened recently

They donā€™t get updatedā€¦ their config does for supervisor.

I just had the same thing happen. I pressed submitā€¦ after the restart only HA was in the list and that cleared up after HAs restart was finished