2023.6: Network storage, favorite light colors, new integrations dashboard

well, if the ‘streamlining the experience’ deal we had, is still on, this doesnt help…

SU should have been announced, and manually updated (I havent) so that is odd in itself

secondly, if that would have required restarting any of the add-ons, it would haven been nicer for the end-user to auto do so? why have all of this backend requirements bother the user…

Ill manually restart these add-ons and see if it fixes the repair… It sure didnt do so for Home Assistant, it’s still reported to need the restart.

__

that didnt help…

1 Like

Marius, hit the submit button on the repair!!! It auto does it for you. Wow.

Click submit:

and once more:
Click submit:

final restart once more, and yes, now its gone…
we have some new errors at startup to investigate in an untouched automation, but maybe that has to do with some of the now fixed add-ons… :wink: Mqtt is a suspicious contender there.

yes, it was an mqtt sensor being called in the startup automation notification, not yet being initialized after the 3d repair startup. it now is (4th restart)

You don’t need to click submit to the second one, you just needed to wait for HA to fully start, like I said 2 messages ago.

yeah, well you know, not clicking unsolicited buttons is the first thing we learn nowadays… it’s on our yearly security and anti-phishing training schedule …

that aside, I must confess experiencing this as an awful UX.
1 Supervisor was updated while it shouldn’t have (cant find the setting anymore in the configuration options, but it must be somewhere)
2 next it reports a repair it could have fixed silently in the background for me
3 we are left completely in the dark as to the why of this required repair btw

so yes, I do find this confusing, to say the least. Not a smooth experience at all.

3 Likes
  1. It’s an ssh setting only.

2. No, some people don’t want addons restarting automatically. It’s an opt in.

3. You aren’t left in the dark. The default options for the addon changed and the system wants to update them, via a restart. All in the message.

For what it’s worth, I never saw this message before during last beta. I read it, understood that it wanted to restart the addons and clicked the button. It was done in 2 minutes. All of your issues with this are 100% self inflicted and you’re upset at others. If the message translation in your language doesn’t make sense to you, submit a PR to change the translation.

Listen, I could respond to all of the single points above. I wont, as it’s futile. You blame me for being stubborn/upset, I feel you’re in denial.

let’s call it quits. It’s not my product. I’m trying to help make it better, but it’s not appreciated.
move on.

7 Likes

Then submit a pr to change the language so that the message makes more sense to you. All you needed to do was click submit and wait and you’re glossing over that fact, blowing this way out of proportion. You’ve already complained that it wasn’t an automated fix, when it’s simply a single opt-in button click. So, you want to make the software better? Then submit a pr or issue against the message.

2 Likes

I get this in Firefox as well. I am pretty sure the issue was present before the 2023.6.x update. Although it’s irritating, I just click the reload page / refresh button in the browser toolbar and it appears.

@robertwigley
Yea I not sure when it started happening as I don’t go into add-ons that much. If I click refresh I have to log in again but it appears :+1:. Would say it is a Firefox thing and I did notice that when it happened Firefox did an update. :crossed_fingers: maybe when Firefox updates again it fixes it.

Good to know it is not just me and my install. Thanks for letting us know. :smiley:

Hello !

Does anyone use zexmte bt-505 bluetooth dongle ? Does it work for anyone?

I’m using RPI 4 with HA OS , but not recognized. No error in the log.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I still haven’t been able to make it work.

It is a password protected Windows server and the drive is shared. The destination folder is a subfolder so the absolute path is something like C:\folder\subfolder.

Any help or suggested reading material would be greatly appreciated!

What’s the share name? On the Windows machine you can use the command-line command “net share” to list shares. With that you should be able to easily complete the “Add Network Storage” dialog in HA.

Note that the default shares Windows creates (e.g.; C$) require an “admin” account to connect to. I haven’t tried connecting one of those. It’s better to create a share just to the folder you want to use.

1 Like

I have long range model (with external antenna), but i connected it to Synology (and it worked), not Pi, so i can’t be much help here. I only noticed that having external antenna actually make things worse, since more “trash” is received. I get better results with mini BT adapter.

I did create a share for the specific folder and it did work! I didn’t even need to specify the drive! Thanks for the tip!

I’m having the same issue: the Create Helper button isn’t working.

I’m using the ios app, and I’m up to date on any outstanding updates. I’m using a RPi4

Hello Pedro,
My Conbee II is not recognize since 2023.5. I got lot’s of errors and only a cold reboot can get a stable system.
Any update or warm reboot produces again the errors.
In the meantime I added an USB extender of 3m as suggested on the forum With no change.
I changed channel and I’m repairing the devices. Still stable. I’ll try an upgrade when I’ve readded everything.

i can’t connecto to my HA as well. I tried rolling back, but it didnt fix it :frowning: I have no idea what to do.

A couple of ideas;
Disconnecting the power a few times.
Attach a screen and keyboard and do an apk update at the CLI.
Try a roll back to 2023.5.0.

There must be more than a handful of us with this problem.

can you explain what do you mean by apk update? thanks.