2023.7: Responding services

Smb 1 ??? I think it’s time you update your storage :+)

6 Likes

How much time is it until it will be the latest/stable? As I see it is already released (about 2 hours ago), but the latest/stable still points to 7.0.

4 Likes

I have problems with Hyperion integration. I cant control my instances. The status in HA changes but not really.

Yes it seems to be the case. Not sure whether it is a change in ha or esphome.

so other than creating that image in the /www folder, id love to be able to create the image template sensor in media, and not ip ban the instance when browsing locally.

can this really only be done using all kinds of reverse proxies etc to create a https connection when using the local ip address?

in which case writing that snapshot to the www folder might be the simple solution indeed…

although even that image does indeed not update upon rewrite of a new capture. The image file is overwritten to capture the latest shot, but the template image does Not update at all. As a matter of fact, I can only get it to update reloading the complete template config… not even a page reload/cache clear/refresh makes the last image appear

Same problem here. Seems that the HA switch is switching on/off the effect not the light itself. Unfortunately i temporarily dont have access to my yubikeys and cannot login to GitHub to log an issue :frowning:

This is weird as there’s no mention of any hyperion changes in the changelog, not to mention a breaking one.

Could you post the link to that issue? Would love to follow that

Updated to 2023.7 bumps resources usage:

Memory use (%)

Processor use (%)

Where’s the changelog for 2023.7.1?

It’s on the blog post page. https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2023/07/05/release-20237/#release-202371---july-6

Heads up for Dutch users who are using the buienradar integration.
If you are seeing “unknown” in your weather related dashboards this morning, don’t worry, it’s not an HA problem. Since late yesterday evening, there has been no weather stations listed in the Buienradar JSON file. The 5 day forecast is still present and available.
You can follow this link to see the current JSON contents.
https://data.buienradar.nl/2.0/feed/json

2 Likes

After update to last version 2023.7.1, my recorder still freezing. System must be restarted, again, again.
Installed MariaDB

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 90
  db_url: mysql://****:****@core-mariadb/homeassistant?charset=utf8mb4

Not acces to system page
obrázok

Many thanks for the great work!

In the previous versions, the switch would control the “LED output” switch located in the hyperion interface under “remote control”.

Since the output to the LEDs is off also the light would turn off.

I can raise an issue on github…

so is it a bug, when using a unique_id:, but not a name: the new template image entity is NOT getting the object_id and name based on the unique_id?

- image:
      - unique_id: test_name_template_image
#         name: Test name template image
        url: 'http://<server>.local:<port>/local/images/bonen.jpg'

while ‘regular’ templates get it applied correctly, with the prefixed template_:

- sensor:

- unique_id: test_name_template_sensor
        state: >
          {{states('input_boolean.test')}}

Are you guys perhaps running into this change?

this seems to work alright:

template:

- trigger:

- platform: state
        entity_id:
          - binary_sensor.oprit_vehicle_detected
          - binary_sensor.oprit_person_detected
        to: 'on'

# below triggers are required to prevent broken image placeholders
# do cause the state to show the last triggered time, end not perse the time the image was shot
      - platform: event
        event_type: delayed_homeassistant_start
      - platform: event
        event_type: event_template_reloaded

image:

- unique_id: last_snapshot_oprit_camera
        name: Last snapshot oprit camera
        url: 

though one has got to bear in mind the date in the picture-entity shows the dat of the last triggered, and not necessarily the date of the moment the image was taken.

taking the trigger on the template reload and homeassistant start events out of the trigger template would solve that, but then would result in a broken image placeholder upon restart, or template reload…

trigger template image does not restore state?

I follow a morning routine where, after my alarm goes off and I am detected by a specific motion sensor, I want my calendar to be read out to me. The blueprint created by @allenporter works as a notification on my smartphone, but it doesn’t function as a voice output. How can I resolve this issue?

2 Likes

will report in the Plugwise topic too, but since this is a first discovery in 2023.7.1, I figured maybe other people experienced it too:
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-07-07 om 11.36.27

No idea what vn/a might be, and my Plugwise integration is working fine. tbh, I am a bit wary clicking Configureer there, as I dont want to mess up the other integration sections…