2023.7: Responding services

Anyone else with the slim proto media player (Squeezebox Player) seeing this?

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:379
First occurred: 16:32:28 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:32:28

Unable to prepare setup for platform slimproto.media_player: Platform not found (Exception importing homeassistant.components.slimproto.media_player).

EDIT: opened an issue:

1 Like

Seems odd that you have to supply a URL and a picture option.

Wow, since upgrade last night my log file is 700MB. Letā€™s see whatā€™s insideā€¦

1 Like

Hi. I updated to 2023.7 and i dont have copy and past cards and also dont have number cards. Why?

I have 4 players here and Squeezebox integration (Logitech Media Server) and everything works as expected in HA version 2023.7

1 Like

the picture is for the entity_picture, the url is for the actual image
would have been neat if that would have auto set to the actual image. I havent tried that yet, so will do so now and report :wink:

update

changing that config to

template:

- image:

- unique_id: my_first_tmeplate_image
        name: My first template image
        url: 'http://<my_server>.local:<port>/local/images/bonen.jpg'
#         picture: /local/images/bonen.jpg

does indeed auto set the entity_picture to the image in the url:

we can override that though, so that is nice:

- unique_id: my_first_tmeplate_image
        name: My first template image
        url: 'http:/<my_server>.local:<port>/local/images/bonen.jpg'
        picture: /local/images/espresso_art.jpg

the access token changes on each of those, so I must give the another check as I dont understand yet what that is/does.

for the frontend:

cards:

- type: entity
      entity: image.my_first_template_image

- type: picture-entity
      entity: image.my_first_template_image

- type: picture
      image: 'http://<my_server>.local:<port>/local/images/bonen.jpg'

considering the last type: picture I wonder what the added value of the new image template will be over that, being the identical url.

Thanks for the info. Iā€™ll give it another go.

EDIT: it really is an issue. See update in link above.

I have added the new Google Translate text-to-speech integration and tried it out with this code, but i dont work.my speaker makes a beep sound as if something is going to be said, but it doesnā€™t say anything.
have also tried without
options:
tld: dk
language: da

service: tts.speak
data:
  cache: true
  media_player_entity_id: media_player.stue
    hej med dig hej med dig hej med dig hej med dig hej med dig hej med dig hej
    med dig hej mhej med dig hej med dig ed dig hej med dig hej med dig hej med
    dig hej med dig hej med dig 
  options:
    tld: dk
  language: da
target:
  entity_id: tts.google_da_dk

Same issue here.

Issue reported here:

1 Like

I found the same, I tried just copying the URL I use for a local file camera
/local/images/image.jpg
But that didnā€™t work and I needed to do the same as you.
Odd that it works in local file camera but not inage

Hi all, I am trying to do the basics, but when I create the Script with the ā€œCalendar: List eventā€ the field variables doent show for me.

I have upgraded the version, but still not showing.

Someone know what can be the issue ?

Looks like the problem is the esphome integration or the esphome firmware. Iā€™ve set up a ble_rssi sensor for one of my devices which recently stopped working properly (the Xiaomi Miscale) and when the scale is not sending data esphome is sending a valua ā€˜nanā€™ which is causing a lot of error messages in the log:

2023-07-06 09:10:50.385 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.models] Exception raised when updating state of sensor.xiaomi_scale_rssi, topic: 'bttracker2/sensor/xiaomi_scale_rssi/state' with payload: b'nan'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sensor/__init__.py", line 590, in state
    numerical_value = int(value)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'nan'

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/models.py", line 270, in process_write_state_requests
    entity.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 742, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 809, in _async_write_ha_state
    state = self._stringify_state(available)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 748, in _stringify_state
    if (state := self.state) is None:
                 ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sensor/__init__.py", line 594, in state
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Sensor sensor.xiaomi_scale_rssi has device class 'signal_strength', state class 'measurement' unit 'dBm' and suggested precision 'None' thus indicating it has a numeric value; however, it has the non-numeric value: 'nan' (<class 'str'>)

Not sure if that was behaving the same way before the HA upgrade to 2023.7.0 or not as accidentally Iā€™ve set it up shortly before the upgrade last night.

Two other things/maybe-coincidences Iā€™ve noticed since updating:

1. recorder config entity_globs are behaving differently. sensor.*power* used to match both ...outlet_power and ...outlet_power_watts. Now, it only matches the latter. My history for items that donā€™t have additional text after the ā€œpowerā€ match are now no longer tracking state history.
  2. My ssh commands for my LAN hostname isnā€™t working any more. ssh [email protected] used to work, now they ā€œCannot be resolvedā€.

Anyone else?

You need to open an issue for that component with ESPhome. It should send the state unavailable / none, not ā€˜nanā€™.

1 Like

same issue for me

Yeah, just did that. Letā€™s see how it goes there.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Baadsgaard

I have the same issue.
Would it make sense to create a new thread, because this is about ā€œresponding servicesā€ in 2023.7?
This would increase the visibility.

2 Likes

the oddest thing:
Ive been running the beta, and one of my main enjoyments was the fact 2023.7 took down system memory significantly.
Having updated to release yesterday, I am sorry to say that somehow, mysteriously, higher memory usage has returned. quite abruptly:

I did turn on Matter add-on, which would cause higher usage, so Ive turned that off again (dont have any devices anyway yet, only a bridge), but mem has remained like this nonethelessā€¦

Only other changes made were the Esphome updating to the .4 release.

All of my Shelly devices seem to have gained a duplicate Reboot button:

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 19-14-52 Settings ā€“ Home Assistant

2023-07-06 17:27:35.823 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.button] Error while setting up shelly platform for button
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 353, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shelly/button.py", line 136, in async_setup_entry
    await er.async_migrate_entries(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py", line 1328, in async_migrate_entries
    ent_reg.async_update_entity(entry.entity_id, **updates)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py", line 936, in async_update_entity
    return self._async_update_entity(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py", line 882, in _async_update_entity
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Unique id '40F520045522_reboot' is already in use by 'button.lounge_front_shelly_sw_reboot'
2023-07-06 17:27:35.845 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.button] Error while setting up shelly platform for button
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 353, in _async_setup_platform
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shelly/button.py", line 136, in async_setup_entry
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py", line 1328, in async_migrate_entries
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py", line 936, in async_update_entity
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py", line 882, in _async_update_entity
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Unique id '40F52004CE9C_reboot' is already in use by 'button.kitchen_shelly_sw_reboot'
2023-07-06 17:27:35.854 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.button] Error while setting up shelly platform for button
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Unique id '40F5200469DC_reboot' is already in use by 'button.lounge_rear_shelly_sw_reboot'
2023-07-06 17:27:35.869 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.button] Error while setting up shelly platform for button
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Unique id 'E8DB84D3232F_reboot' is already in use by 'button.hot_water_reboot'
2023-07-06 17:27:35.923 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.button] Error while setting up shelly platform for button
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Unique id 'A4CF12B9E940_reboot' is already in use by 'button.shellyem_b9e940_reboot'
1 Like

yes, Ive reported that exact same message during the beta

had to manually edit the registry to get rid of theseā€¦

Shelly is also much chattier than before with the frequent DeviceConnectionError()

part of my Beta experience summary