2023.9: New climate entity dialogs, lots of tile features, and template sensors from the UI!

Having the same issue, restarting the full machine didn’t worked for me.

Haven’t investigated deeply but my Z-Wave network has been super flakey after this update. It’s never been flakey ever since the move to Z-Wave JS a couple years ago. I’m getting Z-Wave events that are verified as firing in the Developer Tools but that don’t trigger their automation. I’m getting light switches that don’t respond to HA. I’ve restarted the whole system twice and each time things have gone back to normal for a while. I’ll keep watching for patterns.

Z-Wave JS UI 1.15.9
HA 2023.9.1

This will get lost in this thread, suggest you post a separate question. But you will need more detail - your modbus config, and what you have tried (not “tried everything”!).

My Iammeters work OK in 2023.9, albeit there is an issue with comms dropping which stops the sensors working as it does not retry. Search for recent posts on modbus.

Lots of posts on this. Roll back from Z-Wave JS UI 1.15.9 to 1.15.8 for now.

Same for me, restarting the full machine didn’t worked for me. Had to go back to previous version too.

1 Like

theres also a new feature on the trigger templates: they’re counting twice now :wink:

somehow the response has been a bit low, making me wonder if people actually noticed/suffer the issue, or use this kind of trigger templates a lot, but it might be worth checking.
It was first noticed in the Heads up Persisten notifications thread, and another topic or here. Not yet really centralized yet, so here’s call to please check in your configs and +1 if indeed experienced

I see that there are Modbus changes in 9.1, probably in response to the problems. But it still doesn’t work for me. I wish I could help with the debug, but I have work to take care of.

See Lights' color-temperature slider indicates brightness rather than color temperature when idle · Issue #17870 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

1 Like

thanks, that’s it indeed, I’ve added my 2 cents, thanks for the ping

Hello. I think I checked everything. I set up another HA installation, restored it to version 8.4 from a backup and Iammeter works correctly, but immediately after installing 9, even though I add it again and it is detected, the data is “unknown”

It is also interesting that when I manually add modbus to the config, it only works for a few minutes

Same here, after restarting modbus it only works for a few minutes!

This ModBUS problem is a showstopper for me thus I don’t update at all anymore, until this is fixed.
Code review quality decreased dramatically lately. Changes are being released without proper testing.

There are 2551 core integrations. And countless third party integrations.

There is a very small team of beta release testers. They can not cover all combinations of all integrations. And while all core pull requests are reviewed before merging into the main/dev branch some issues do slip through.

If you would like to ensure the integrations you use are tested, please consider joining the beta testing team.

Issues with a beta release can usually be resolved by rolling back to the last major version (takes minutes at most via a simple command line command).

In case of a major crash (rarely happens with core releases nowadays) restore from backup takes 15 minutes or so at most depending on the size of your system.

Be part of the solution.

20 Likes

Did you find any way around this? Totally broken here…

Go to the terminal, type “ha core update --version 2023.8.4” to revert to previous version that worked.
You can then skip the version when the upgrade notification pops up.

Thanks! That worked

I had some relays showing as available but unresponsive In HA, re-interviewing or re-booting did not help. However unplugging my Z-wave stick did, so far all Is stable.

I had the same issue. Updated to 9.1 and HA completely stopped working and was refusing my network connections. There was a lot of swearing last night but couldn’t get to my Pi in the middle of the night lol. However, after connecting directly today and checking the log I realised that I had a half finished addition to the config file on my laptop that I had forgotten about when I started the update from my phone and after adding a few #'s and restarting, everything came back up again. A true palm to face moment lmao

3 Likes

SolarEdge Modbus Multi is broken here. Tried everything within my knowledge limits.
Returned to 2023.9.0 to make it work again.