2024.1: Happy automating!

Same issue here

Good morning together, since I updated to Core 2024.1.0 my Buderus/Bosch KM200 does no longer work correctly. I updated two different HAs and both have exactly the same error. Entity water heater dhw1 is no longer available and as a result, temperature and other features of hot water are no longer available. Is there any solution known ?

My Shelly Plus Smoke devices need attention, too. I already updated them to new 1.1.0 but it didn’t help in the long term. After every restart, devices need attention again.

Thank you :slight_smile:

A temporary fix is soon to be released, so it will work again:

This should provide a long term solution:

Great update for automations

I noticed that devices that doesn’t have any actions could be filtered out like the sun

Same problem here - the Orvibo integration is broken. I’ve logged a bug (I think)

My System Monitor doesn’t work anymore, tried everything. Had it in the config after i deleted the lines I had the System Montor integration popping up but with no entities. I tried to readd the lines, delete the integration and the “unavailable” entities, deleted both and tried to set up from the bottom. Nothing. Config does not work anymore neither the new UI. All I got is the form in the screenshot.

I dont need processes, I need temperature, disk space and network thruput.

yaml before the update:

sensor:
  - platform: systemmonitor
    resources:
      - type: disk_use_percent
        arg: /config
      - type: memory_free
      - type: network_in
        arg: enp1s0
      - type: network_out
      - type: throughput_network_in
      - type: throughput_network_out
      - type: processor_temperature

Edit/Solution: For whatever reason the systemmontor had a problem with my mounted NAS. Access worked fine, so no wrong pw or something like that. I deleted the media connection and it worked, although the backup connection still works with the same login…

1 Like

@Nerdix in my case, the HACS Integration

Unexpected exception importing component custom_components.homematicip_local 
[...]
TypeError: metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a (non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases

im in the same boat.
love some more pointers

As far as I can see in the repo this issue was already reported and fixed in the beta.
Check the updates in HACS, or if it does not show an update re-download the component in the top right menu in HACS

1 Like

well - my notification automation did miss 1.52. Thanks for the hint!

@reste_narquois
Chris Warne

I have done everything you said and now all are back to normal. Dehumidifer is working, System monitor also working.
Today I update the HA OS with 11.3 and again my world is down :frowning:. After OS update, the Zigbee2MQTT (witch is the most important for me) is down. Did you know something about this ? Sorry for not been in correct thread, but you prove to know what you do :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance

Strange behavior in the new automation UI.
I try to use Number Set but I can’t then select which entity to set there are no options.

Is this the official Zigbee2MQTT addon? I’m afraid I don’t use that, so can’t be of much help here.

If it is the addon you are using, I would go through a standard checklist (but no guarantees!):

• is the addon actually running?
  • if yes, what do the addon logs say? (Settings > Addons > Click on the addon, and choose the ‘Log’ tab)
  • try restarting the addon, and check the logs again

It should tell you if the addon has started properly, and especially if it has found the Zigbee coordinator. A HAOS update might have affected this, so a restart of the machine could help here.

Otherwise, i would suggest posting or searching the threads in the Zigbee area of the forum where someone with more direct knowledge should be able to help.

Do you have any number entities? You should have targets and value show below it like so

I do and after a restart they are showing again which is also weird !

The OS 11.3 updates & Z2M conflictions are most likely related to this issue here

You should only have to refresh the page, not restart.

I tried refresh and clear cache before the restart
But they only came back after a restart

1 Like

Please create an issue if you can replicate the bug again. Thank!

1 Like

Hello Maciek,

I skipped the 2024.1.0 version and I’ve just updated to 2024.1.1 but all my shelly devices have stopped communication with HA. All of them (Gen1) updated to the latest available firmware.
Below the error I see in the log.
Any advice or should I roll back to the latest 2023 version for the moment?

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:406
First occurred: 18:34:15 (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:38:08

Error setting up entry Tapparella studio for shelly
    Error setting up entry Tapparella camera for shelly
    Error setting up entry Tapparella bagno for shelly
    Error setting up entry Tapparella soggiorno for shelly
    Error setting up entry Irrigazione for shelly

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 406, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shelly/__init__.py", line 131, in async_setup_entry
    return await _async_setup_block_entry(hass, entry)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shelly/__init__.py", line 201, in _async_setup_block_entry
    await _async_block_device_setup()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shelly/__init__.py", line 168, in _async_block_device_setup
    shelly_entry_data.block.async_setup()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shelly/coordinator.py", line 338, in async_setup
    super().async_setup()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/shelly/coordinator.py", line 139, in async_setup
    hw_version=f"gen{self.entry.data[CONF_GEN]} ({self.model})",
                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^
KeyError: 'gen'
 Logger: homeassistant.components.shelly
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:332
Integration: Shelly (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 18:37:42 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:38:27
Error fetching Tapparella studio data: Error fetching data: DeviceConnectionError()