2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! šŸŽ‰

I just update from 2024.2 to 2024.3. Many automations got wiped out. How can this be fixed ?

alias: Water leak Alerts
description: ""
trigger:
  - device_id: ""
    domain: ""
    entity_id: ""
    platform: device

Unfortunately I used cheap versions of the Tuya-based plugs from Aliexpress so thereā€™s no sign of firmware updates for them. :frowning:
Thank you for your suggestion though.

@ShadowFist yes thatā€™s true, the oven certainly wouldnā€™t work with standard smart plugs.
Therefore @stamandr has a good idea to use devices like Shelly EM as I already use one of these to monitor the main electricity feed into my house but never thought to do the same for individual appliances too. The only downside is theyā€™re fairly expensive so would only use them for things like the oven.
I might try one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005873738695.html
Thanks!

2 Likes

I have one of those working great for my oven and immersion heater, inside a metal consumer unit. Make sure you put the supply wires for the module from a low amp circuit, not the same as the circuit youā€™re monitoring

1 Like

Are your leak detector devices missing from home assistant?

There may be a problem with the integration that supplies them.

Stillā€¦ it should not wipe the missing entities from the automation.

I just update everything Core/SV/OS, and did a full HA backup and it was 85MB, compared to about 160MB for all the previous Full backups prior to today. Has the backup function become more efficient or is something missing? Anybody else seeing this? I just want to make sure Iā€™m getting good backups.

Yes I sense that I saw that on the change logs but donā€™t remember what was the version.

Yep, seeing this in two of my 6 todo lists. Havenā€™t dug into it yet.

You can always copy your backup, to another destination, and unpack it, , but the ā€œsizeā€ of a full-backup can vary depended upon the size of your DB
But as Joao mention there has been several improvements the past year, in both speed and size
Latest a few month ago if i remember right

1 Like

Cool! I did read about speed improvements. I updated from 2024.1.x, so I had a couple months there to catch up. I didnā€™t think the DB was backed up anymore though. Mine usually gets pretty large (GB) because I keep 14 days of many entities. I guess since it is text is can be zipped pretty small. Cheers.

1 Like

Did you leave those devices as Tuya or did you flash them with something else? Iā€™ve read a lot about Tuya here and have been reluctant to add that to my ever-growing list of integrations.
Still, the price sure looks right.

I got the Zigbee ones so work with Z2M as-is

There doesnā€™t appear to be a problem with the integration(s). All devices and entities are there. I checked core.device_registry from a previous backup the compared it to the most recent one. Many of the IDā€™s have been changed (eg: ā€œidā€: 62ecab8f05675d2d495f8dc2e16b4f3d",) to something different. This is not only for my Water leak sensors, but plugs, lights as wellā€¦ I really donā€™t have a way to troubleshoot this as there is nothing in the logs to point me in the right direction. I rolled back, everything is good. Apply the latest update, the issue comes back.

Thatā€™s 100% provided by the integration. If the integration provides information that differs from what it used to provide, you will get new entities.

so when the bug has been fixed and i am on Appversion 2024.3.1 do i have to wait for 2024.4 until itā€™ll be implemented?
or should it work with my current config:

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

To know it estimate it - you need to track PRs in github frontend repo.

Hi Tom, Do you know how to extract the ā€œname_by_userā€ and ā€œidā€ in templates ? I thought I could restore the old version, get this info, then compare this with the new version and make the necessary changes. Thanksā€¦

Can you please just share the integration youā€™re using? Iā€™m not sure why youā€™re avoiding this question.

It comes with warnings, but the spook integration identifies errors like this, and helped me mend automations that resulted.

1 Like

I see 2024.3.2 has just become available but there are no release notes for it (at least at the time of writing). Any idea what changes have been made? Iā€™ll install it anyway!