2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! šŸŽ‰

First thats a horrible way to find out, it literally just released the build process. Give it a few minutes and have a little patience.

That said, anyone who has UniFi protect and wants to upgrade to 3.x on thier devices needs this buildā€¦

Once Iā€™ve successfully updated to a 202m.n.p version, and never p=0, I tend to update to all the subsequent p versions.

Been falgged on forum many timesā€¦always available here

Edit: and it is in the blog post too

I was too quick! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

same problem here! all my to-do-lists are going

just did the newest update and my list came back.

Iā€™m not certain why you think Iā€™m avoiding this question. I donā€™t recall this being asked for. Anyhow, the integrations are Zigbee Home Automation, Tuya, SmartThings, LocalTuya, Google Cast, Alexa Media Player and Mobile App.

I have 2 HA instances running. One for testing the other is the main. It only happened on the main instance

in other words, you canā€™t hardly ā€œblameā€ the updates, beside you can Roll back and it works !
Which make your ā€œdirect questionā€ to Tom, redundant, as you can just copy the working parts, and paste in the non-working
Another step could be that you go through the discrepancies you have in your ā€œMainā€ , as it works in your ā€œTestā€
IF You use the ā€œsameā€ integrations And Devices ( And Automations ) in both installations, i have no further to say, as different devices/integrations act differently , under such circumstances

Unfortunately these are not identical. In my test instance of HA I donā€™t have Zigbee, but many other things are the same so just coping the working parts and pasting isnā€™t an option

I Mend, you roll back ( you said itā€™s working ), copy the parts you asked Tom ( in a cryptic way ) to ā€œretrieveā€ with a template

Then Update, make sure to add Debug-level( In Logger ), if you are interested in specific Components detailed logging, or All

PS: I always/periodically click ā€œDownload Diagnosticsā€ for i.e Integrations/Devices, feels safer to ā€œlookupā€ here than ā€œscrollingā€ in a .storage-doc

I donā€™t know how to ā€œretrieveā€ this info with a template. Comparing the core.device_registry many ā€œidā€ have changed, so the automations (- device_id: ā€œā€) is empty.

Right, and maybe thereā€™s no need to think of a template, to get this info(if itā€™s not in the device_registry, where you you retrieve it from, with a template ? ) , either you roll back, or open a previous working backup-file, there you have your ā€œoldā€ core.device_registry (plain txt json)

Noone can tell whatā€™s happening in your system ( one of them ), not why the device_idā€™s are empty, nor why your automation is( but thatā€™s most likely because you use ā€œdevice_triggersā€, so this non-user-friendly id, is used/retrieved from the *registry-file

So if you want to know more, roll back, to working version , enable debug , upgrade, maybe you get more info then

At least with a template I can compare the old with the new. Can you point me in the right direction for this ? I donā€™t appear to have the skill set to create it in Developer Tools Template

If you for some reason unknown now have ā€œnewā€ i suggest you just rewrite your automations, im sure you know which Devices you used in which automations, rewrite them.
And donā€™t use these ā€œobscured randomā€ device_idā€™s as triggers, use i.e state

No i can not "direct you in other directions, as i have no idea, for what reason you want to compare new(current) IDā€™s with Old IDā€™s , nor what you want to do with this ā€œlistā€ , which you as mention can find in a back-up( or a rollback, as you self mention )
Many ā€œtextā€ editors can compare 2 files,
Copy your current *registry-file, and the one with your old -device_idā€™s, compare them in the editor of choice. For what ever reason

So these 2 last suggestions, is what you should/can do , to make life easier for your self

You donā€™t even know what you want to do with this ā€œcomparedā€ list, AND you canā€™t use the old IDā€™s ! ( unless you roll back, and stay there )

Just pulled Docker image for 2024.3.3 and confirmed UniFi Protect integration using pyunifiprotect 5.0.2 works with the latest Protect 3.0.22 version running on my UDMProšŸ‘

Does anyone know if 2024.3.3 fixes the SNMP regressions that have plagued the 2024.3.x releases?

1 Like

Has anybody else noticed that TRACES no longer shows the last RUN of an automation?

The condition prevented the run of the automation, which was expected.
However I cannot see the trace from when it was actually ran!

Well you got lucky then! I just updated to 2024.3.3 and two of my todo lists are still unavailableā€¦ Even with trying to manually fix them Iā€™m out of luck.

EDIT: had another crack at editing the ics files and managed to recover the two lists.

To be honest, @TBH im not ret the first part of this page i still accutafte baucuse i find no way to cotnact the poeson of the @OP: