2024.4: Organize all the things!

right, well i don’t know ( it is an example !, which correctly might not be updated, in regards to this last entry ) , and the example

in this part is “kind off” not a “copy paste example” in this case( or many other scenarios )
Maybe you “think right” , thou i would try

I’ll check everything I can. It’s odd to me that the corners are all rounded in the “thumbnail” image while in edit mode though, just not in the actual dashboard.

You have to convert to the new template style.

template:
- trigger:
  action:
  ... get forecast goes here...
  weather:
    ... your weather config ...
2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks! That’s probably the most important information regarding this change.

1 Like

Loving this release.

3 questions/comments:

1. a +1 on the suggestion above to be able to filter for menu items where the metadata (area, label, category) is empty/unassigned. This would make the job of categorising your items much simpler when you can work through a list of items you’ve not yet dealt with (Labels: add filtering by "no labels" (similarly - for "area" & "blueprint") · home-assistant/frontend · Discussion #20418 · GitHub)

2. Is there an easy way to pull in a list of items by label in node red yet? Can’t seem to see a service i can call for this - maybe i’m just missing something obvious. Since most of my automation is in node red, this is currently limiting the benefits of labels for me.

3. when you’ve multi-selected x items and selected to add them to a category, they remain selected - meaning you have to unselect them before you select your next set or they will move again. I got caught out by this on several occasions while trying to categorise my stuff.

Thanks again to all the hardworking devs who’ve done an excellent job.

This might be helpful. It shows how to create a Trigger-based Template Sensor to periodically get the daily weather forecast and store it in an attribute named forecast. Then you simply point forecast_daily_template to that Template Sensor’s forecast attribute.

The example also shows how to round the weather values but that’s completely optional. If you don’t need rounding, there’s a simpler version of the Trigger-based Template Sensor shown here.

Homematic fix will be in 2024.4.2. So don’t Update :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

so far batch deletion of serveral devices seems not possible (but lableing them all “trash” is). but looks like this feature is just around teh corner :wink:

Does one know why an automation has an id and other ‘things’ unique_id?

Just something left over before unique_id became a thing. Can’t change it now, would break things.

1 Like

It seems to be related to the nspanel blueprint:
All references to alarm system in the blueprint need to be deleted. That solves this problem.

Feature-wise an awesome release! But am I really the only one having issue with high CPU usage after this update? Can’t figure out what is causing it. Disabled all integration that are “known” to be cpu intensive, but that does not seem to make a difference. Recorder even stops after a while. Was hoping 2024.4.1 would solve it, but alas… Reboot brings it down a for a little while, but it keeps spiking.

1 Like

So many cool features, I can’t wait until the 2nd or 3rd patch to upgrade! I can see that 2024.4.1 has already been released, this is why I never upgrade to .0 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be fair, in terms of major bugs, the .0 was very stable for me.

1 Like

Did you report that to the developer of the integration as I told you to do?

There’s no point posting it here. Go to github and open an issue for the third party integration there.

4 Likes

I feel that “Group by State” should list the “On” category before “Off” (yes, I understand alphabetically we get Off>On). If an automation is off, it’s usually not something I use and is therefor less important to me (although I do have some that are turned on/off by other automations, they’re irrelevant here).

Hello,

with this release (2024.4) and all others you all did a great job!

I would like to say thanks to all development- and maintenace-teams!

Especially I enjoy the new view of tables.

With best regards

Helmut

1 Like

I opened an issue for this as the documentation still refers to this property and doesn’t show how/what to replace it with:

1 Like

labels are just a general way to group things together. add as many labels as you want, or keep it simple with less. i don’t plan on having many

i have automations and scripts that work together to perform security related tasks, so I tag them all “security” to easily find them all. I then tag one of those automations with a “notify” label as well because it sends a notification to my phone if motion is detected while I’m not home. I also tag “notify” to the automation that plays a message on my voice assistant if there’s an upcoming calendar event when I wake up; that way I can find all the things that perform alerts in case I get a new device and I need to update an entity_id

I might just be blind but is there a way to rename or delete a category?

I know that this feature is new, but this seems like something pretty fundamental so I’d be surprised there isn’t a way to manage them somehow?