2024.4: Organize all the things!

heck I tried this to replace that template filter for the zonnepaneel label

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
  type: entities
filter:
  include:
    - label: zonnepaneel

but notice ( the card remains empty) the individual entities do not inherit the label from their device…
not sure if that feels logical. yet

or…
is auto-entities not yet working as it should:

- type: custom:auto-entities
      card:
        title: Test label auto entities
      filter:
        include:
          - label: intercom speler #tried various syntaxes here....

doesnt work either even though those entities are labelled accordingly

Was the answer for Jens.

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
filter:
  template: >
    {{ floor_areas('zonnepaneel') 
     | map('area_devices') | sum(start=[]) 
     | map('device_entities') | sum(start=[]) 
     | unique | sort }}

I saw the same and assumed it wasn’t working yet, it works with template though

yes, there definitely is an issue with the new auto-entities release, it does not yet work with that include filter, as is documented here GitHub - thomasloven/lovelace-auto-entities: 🔹Automatically populate the entities-list of lovelace cards

and there already is an open issue Filtering lights by label · Issue #435 · thomasloven/lovelace-auto-entities · GitHub

but, it’s correct that the device entities d Not inherit the label of their device, as I briefly checked in the table… so thats not an issue with auto-entities, it;'s per current HA design

1 Like

Super startup improvement! :clap: :clap: :clap:
My system went from 168 seconds to 35.5 seconds! Could have been 17 seconds (10x improvement) if the last integration (Synology) was a bit faster…

1 Like

Not that i know why i should use this like this, but it works:
Automations, scenes, devices(entities), in a big pile

PS: The Include(Wired) is entities (not devices)
And i had to add “label_entities” to also include the “automation” i labeled with AlarmSystem

Not sure “Devices” is very useful, i find it better to use “Entities”( or maybe both-selective), as one gets a lot of “irrelevant” entities, when picking some Devices !

Very good was the startup development! I run it on 3 different devices. Smoother running. Thank You!

1. Hardkernel ODROID-N2,
  2. Synology VM,
  3. Oracle VM VirtualBox

categories etc are excellent - wanted that since the start.

Am I missing something or can you only use categories on the automations, scenes and scripts pages? If that’s correct is there a plan to extend it to the entities page?

I think the idea is to use labels for those - and you can then use these label groups in automations etc - much easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

Asked the same earlier, no answer))

Click on the user’s icon then select the default dashboard.

Many?

2 Likes

Where are you getting the integration startup times from?

Care to share? Someone else may have the same question and would appreciate if you expanded beyond “Found!”.

1 Like

Found it. I had no idea this was available!

Go to Settings > System > Repairs, click the overflow menu (three vertical dots) and select “Integration startup time”

1 Like

Since 2024.4 my system keeps chrashing on arming / unarming the alarm system (alarmo)

So, test and report back, please.

It’s just from watching the livestream I took away that categories were for visual organising and I am looking to see if I can recreate my package organisation. I could have visual labels but as I said I thought for purely visually organising things that categories were supposed to be the way to go?