2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

Stay tuned for the dashboard live stream, where we will discuss how we can coordinate our contributor efforts! We’d love to have your keen eye on fixing the details. :grinning:

2 Likes

My particular issue with History Graphs not updating, seems to have been caused by my use of the iCloud3 integration which I think was failing to start or causing some problems due to changes in v2024.7.0 to do with recorder_prefilter.py

I’m not sure of the technical details, but I used the temporary fix for iCloud3 mentioned here:

When is this going to happen? If there’s no date fixed yet, some estimation, like in the next couple of weeks or later?

1 Like

after i restored a backup to go back to 2014.6.4, i tried today to update to 2024.7.1 but again i experience the same errors as with 2024.7.0 (see 2024.7: Time to resize your cards! - #68 by swoop124) so i’am restoring back to 2024.6.4.
hope a future Update will work for me.

It appears to be complaining about a problem with one of your custom integrations.

config/custom_components/icloud3

Another user also reported a problem involving “icloud3”. You should report it to the custom integration’s author.

Been mentioned a load of times in the thread…icloud3 is causing issues with the database / recorder…you’ve mentioned that Integration in your log.
Update this and you should be fine

Have a read here too PSA: 2024.7 recorder problems

edit: Taras types faster than I do :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Same issue here. Pretty much all my sensors flat-line from 4 AM to about 2 PM. I just updated to 2024.07.1 but I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it’s fixed

Please take time to read the full release thread. History issues have been mentioned multiple times and there are custom integrations that are causing the problems.

Hello, SmartLife Beta integration no longer works properly since version 2024.5.x
When Home Assistant restarts, we have to redo the configuration. Do you have a tip to avoid this inconvenience? Thank

The 2024.7 update has broken a bunch of my automations. What sucks is that when you now go to the automation you see nothing inside that would point you in the right direction to fix it.

It appears that many of the device ID’s have changed to something different. Can this not be changed to just alert you that there is an issue and not disable or wipe out what is inside the automation ? By stopping other components from running the automation it could cause potential major problems. For example if I have a water leak now my water leak automation would not run. Not good…

I don’t believe all the problems are caused by custom integrations. It appears there is an index missing in the DB that causes a full table scan during the purge, and that in turn can cause a deadlock.

For me, the purge just runs forever. I do not get an exception as some do with the problematic custom integrations.

3 Likes

Use entities instead of devices and it will save you work in the long term even though the developers have gone out of their way to make using entities in automations more longwinded, entities are easier to fix

1 Like

I’m also experiencing the same, lots of history on all sensors. I do not have any of the three custom integrations mentioned in another thread (one of them being iCloud), and so far haven’t found a log entry that mentions anything about the recorder, so I have no idea what’s causing the problem on mine so far.

History comes back after restarting, but stops at 4am (happened at 4am twice now since upgrading on Wednesday)

A little search goes a long way…it’s in this thread and the link below…if it’s not one of the custom integrations then disable the purge of your database…

2 Likes

If you know how to open your automations.yaml file outside of the HA interface you should be able to see the device references that don’t display in the editor

I always try to use entities when I can, but unfortunately some don’t work. For example in the pic below, the device has multiple triggers available

In the screen print below the entity only has in “From or To” the following:

Any state (ignoring attribute changes)
Unavailable
Unknown

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance…

Use an event trigger instead of a state trigger.

The problem with that is, it has the old device ID’s in the automations. There is no way to know what device this actually is. Especially if you have hundreds of devices like I do…

Where do I find the event trigger ? Manual event doesn’t look like the right one

In the UI?

No idea sorry, I don’t use it. Though that looks like it could be it.

The event trigger docs are here: Automation Trigger - Home Assistant