2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

I think as others have mentioned, since updating to 2024.7, there seems to be an issue with historical data and/or display of the data using a history graph.

I have a number of sensors updating regularly (temperatures, light levels, CPU etc) and after updating to 2024.7 they have all flat lined.

4 Likes

Bug on new web site

When you click on the dim paragraph marker on the section header, and the move the mouse between the section header and the section text, the section text jumps downward to leave a gap between the header and the text.

I find this behaviour quite annoying.

hm… at least, the following PR was merged and mentioned in the “all changes” section

• [Create DWD device with unique_id instead of entry_id - #116498

Not sure, if this should have been mentioned as a breaking change… maybe, because it did change the IDs of the entity, which would have impact on the Cards and automations that use this information…

regarding the entityIDs - The ID should not make use of some special characters in my opinion, as this could cause potential issues in other areas.
The UniqueID is usually an information used internal by HomeAssistant - and does not have any “display” functioniality.

1 Like

Great to see this adds fan and swing control to TADO Smart AC control V3+
It’s really nice to be able to control Fan mode and Swing mode for Heating and Cooling!

But it’s not bug free.
Some modes, like Auto, Heat/Cool and Dry don’t work now.
See: Tado : handle fanLevel and verticalSwing · Issue #95389 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

in the new experimentel section i dont see de layout size tab

Hello,
after i updatet to 2024.7 this morning, when i try to access the energy dashboard there is nothing. It sys “loading…” and “it can take up to two hours until there are data there”.

then when i klick on like solar production there should be a graf with the solar production but there are no data since the update.
grafik
now it is 1:45 pm
all other graphs are also not updated since the update

I also have the errors described above:

2024-07-04 13:45:19.970 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7fa7b5253600>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1559, in async_fire_internal
    self._hass.async_run_hass_job(job, event)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 938, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/core.py", line 330, in _event_listener
    if entity_filter(entity_id):
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/recorder_prefilter.py", line 123, in entity_filter
    return recorder_entity_filter(entity_id)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1559, in async_fire_internal
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 938, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/core.py", line 330, in _event_listener
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/recorder_prefilter.py", line 123, in entity_filter
2024-07-04 13:45:19.971 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7fa7b5253600>>
    hassjob.target(*args)
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-07-04 13:45:19.972 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7fa7b5253600>>
    hassjob.target(*args)
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
4 Likes

Something that has bothered me about the data tables for a few releases now is how they save my most recent filter…

For example, I used to go to my automations page and type “sunset” in the search bar to find that one automation I want to edit. Before all the recent improvements, next time I return to the automations list I see the full unfiltered list. Now, when I come back to the automations page to find a different automation it’s still filtered to “sunset” and I have to manually clear that filter to see anything else.

Any data tables filter I set, whether a search keyword, or even an area, are not things I want to be remembered between page loads. The only use case I can see for this is if someone is trying to find an automation but they’re not sure which one they’re looking for, so they have to keep going back to open each filtered result in succession. Personally, I’d rather refilter than see my previous filters keep appearing

2 Likes

Did you miss the release thread that added automation organization? This was the most requested feature for the new automation categories and labels. It was added last release because the community wanted the menus to remember settings.

3 Likes

I really only check the thread when there’s an issue. My current issue is entity history being broken, but I saw that one mentioned already.

I know this behavior for the data tables was present in 2024.6, I think even 2024.5, but I thought it was a bug after adding all the new filters. Minor inconvenience but this behavior is probably the only thing I’d say I hate about HA. Maybe add a “remember filter” toggle?

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.
We are currently working on improving tile card to reduce space between features and the rest of the card.
For card that display multiple entities like glance or entities card, there are not optimized to fit in a grid.

Others cards redesign is alos on the roadmap :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s the reason why i expect a auto translation from a german “ü” to an “ue”, an “ö” to an “oe” and an “ä” to an “ae”. Everything else is wrong.

And yes, it is a breaking change. In my case the changed name of the id are inside a markdown card which was displayed only when there are warnings. This check also uses the old and now renamed id. I am suddenly read in a german forum about and had otherwise missed this information.

This update has turned out to be a real nightmare.
When I installed the update last night, everything looked fine on my dashboard at first.
But when I got up this afternoon I realised that some of my automations weren’t working and it was cold in the house.

It turned out that the Homatic Cloud integration was no longer working.
After research, it turned out that the integration had made massive changes to the entities, duplicating most of the entities with new IDs and all the value data now ended up in the new duplicates.

This is from my Standpoint as if the whole integration was replaced by a completely new one without any warning.

Unfortunately, this massive breaking change was not announced in the release notes. If it had been announced I would have never done this update and waited for someone to explain how to merge the historical data with the new entities.

I have now rolled back using ha core update --version 2024.6.4 and everything is up and running again, but at the same time I have lost 16 hours of historical data recorded since last night to new entities that are not visible where they should be.

In my opinion, this is such a big breaking change that the entire integration should have been duplicated and users should have been given the choice to switch or keep the old integration. For new installations of the integration, only the new one could have been offered and the old one could have been deleted later when it was no longer being used by anyone.

The current situation is a real nightmare for me.

I currently don’t see how I can update to the new HA Core 2024.7 or future versions without massive data loss.

1 Like

Do you open the card editor in a section view?
You can follow these steps to resize the card : Cards - Home Assistant

I was having this issue too… It suddenly fixed itself.

Updated about 12 hours ago. An hour ago I noticed that several location based entities didn’t show any change in data points on the history graphs since the update (even though the state was changing; ie, person entities showing solid history status of “home” while the current state had been away). Now the data points suddenly populated (that graph that was a solid “home” an hour ago now has multiple location names throughout the recent hours).

Yes, I have opened that but it is not visible on any tab

Christoph has already reported it: 2024.7: Time to resize your cards! - #28 by CChris so just wait until it has been fixed.

I don’t use Aladdin connect myself,
but If I just take a look at the 2024.6.4 release I think I would be easy to create a HACS integration for the time being.

1 Like

it’s mentioned further up in this thread…the licence for Aladdin Connect (or it’s components) has changed and seems it’s no longer able to be distributed with HA…

1 Like

yes because of a distributed package,

and they hope to be able to ship it again soon.

but if you need it now, you can just create your own custom module and hope no takedown request will come.
or add it as a customer module without github.

It might not be fully legal, but I doubt anyone will stop you.

This is an interesting issue. I have two identical HA instances running on two different computers, one is “online” and one is a backup system with all automations disabled, in case the other computer fails. Last night I updated both systems on pretty much the same time and then went to bed. In the morning I noticed the same thing, sensor data was missing since the update and wasn’t updating. I rebooted the computer and the sensors started working again, but data was missing for the whole night. Here’s the interesting thing: this only happened on one computer. The backup computer was just fine and all the sensors were working normally.

Here you can see it, this graph is from one of my temperature sensors. The lower graph is from the backup system:

example