2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

It is now indeed :+1:

hi, passing from 2024.7.2 to 2024.7.3 broke my zigbee2mqtt, i restored 7.2 and loose tuya login, which has btw a stupid way to re-login with a pointless qrcode (security-wise nonsense, user/pass would be normal, maybe 2fa on top). it was like the dongle was not functional (no devices detected on map scan). usually i dig, but i was in a hurry…
we have a solution for this?

updated from 2024.7.2 to 7.3 and lost all of my home-feed cards. code hasn’t changed. didn’t see any breaking changes. haven’t heard anyone else squawk about it. i did the work around for the pop-up cards but can’t figure these out.

What is a home-feed card?

:wink:

So this post needs to be placed on that GitHub site, not here.

1 Like

HA’s code changed — hence the upgrade. I’m assuming you actually meant you didn’t change your config.

You won’t see third party components mentioned in the release notes. Third party components are your own risk.

Make sure to include your config when you report the issue on the third party repo. Integrations have links to the applicable repos on the integrations page.

Hello,

Is it possible to have 3 centered cards (1/3; 1/3; 1/3)?

layout_options:
  grid_columns: 1 (or 2,3,4)

2 is too large and 1 too small…

My Tapo P115 plugs stopped working after upgrade to 2024.07 :frowning:

At least for me my Tapo’s started working again with the 2024.7.3 release.

1 Like

This has been fixed in iCloud3 v3.0.5.5

2 Likes

what happens to 2024.7.4? neither available via pip nor docker.
that’s not the first time the last release of a month is not released.
I only ever update to the latest monthly version. an update to 2024.8.0 may then fix bugs from 2024.7.3, but also bring new ones. a vicious circle

There is no 2024.7.4. what makes you think there should be? Which bugs in 2024.7.3 are you wanting to solve?

maybe i’m misunderstanding something about the publications. what is this then?

Perhaps one is slated for release. In that case you’ll have to be patient. Releases don’t get built instantly.

Edit: I ask again, which of these are you desperate for?

patience is not the problem. this is not the first time i have seen that the latest version has not been published and i just wanted to know why this happens.

edit: it doesn’t specifically refer to 2024.7.x but i remember how bugfixes only appear in the next release because the last version was not released.
BTT: why dropping the last version of a release?

just because you see a milestone that exists in github does not necessarily mean it will be published. Given the beta starts this week most likely there may not be a milestone. However looking at the open PRs it looks like it may be planned.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/122770

1 Like

What do you mean “last version”. There has never been a fixed number of point releases. 2024.5 went to 2024.5.5.

2024.3 went to 2024.3.3.

There is a week until 2024.8.0 release. There is in fact time to release another 2024.7.x release if it is needed. But as you don’t say what bugfix is so important to you, it is hard to speak to what need you perceive.

The question was quite simple. Why is the latest version of a release occasionally dropped?

There has never been a fixed number of point releases

There is a forecast with release dates for all versions of a release.

2024.7.4 is finished but not released as with other releases.

Why is this occasionally done?

If you can’t answer that, please give others the opportunity.

@00lex did you read this?

Also, the pr finalizing 2024.7.4 has not yet been merged

2 Likes