2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

@bdraco is there a good way to programmatically exclude an entire entity from the recorder similar to how you can do it in configuration.yml? That is what @gcobb321 and I were doing with recorder_history_prefilter in icloud3, places, and hass-variables and what is causing the error above posted in multiple other issues since 2024.7 was released.

I guess we could alternatively just exclude all of the attributes of an entity using MATCH_ALL but it notes that this needs to be a class attribute. As a class attribute can I still make it an option per instance to enable this in the recorder or not?

1 Like

I have the same problem but not for all entitiesā€¦ I cannot find link between the one it work and the one notā€¦ It seem random

I am having a problem with zigbee with the ha skyconnect when I update zigbee wonā€™t come up.

1 Like

Same problem to me, after update 2024.07 Energy dashboard No more working

I got ā€œunknown Errorā€ if I try to reconfigure

Thank you so much for the TP Link upgrades. Amazing!

I love HA however the removal of the switch functionality from the Logitech Harmony integration is such a backwards step in useability. Now instead of doing easy setup and changes through the UI, I have to resort to YAML in scripts and automations just to make the activities work the way I want. Select doesnā€™t work for everyone one, especially if your hub controls devices & activities that arenā€™t used together, like a tv and fireplace fan. Such an easy thing has now been made so much more difficult, especially when itā€™s not like Logitech is changing their API, it seems kinda pointless to remove now, it just makes things so much harder for folks to setup how they actually want and had working already. If it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t ā€œfixā€ itā€¦

Anyway said my bit, Iā€™ll go back to writing YAML for the next few hours for the many multuple activities that were already working fine beforeā€¦

1 Like

I do have to agree here, i always thought that HA ethos was if it works today it should work forever unless the vendor changes something or there is a technical reason why it needs to change to prevent issue elsewhere or further down the line.

However in the case of harmony the only reasoning given for the removal of the oh so simple switches was that we donā€™t need multiple ways to switch activities - why not?

1 Like

Seems you know where you are talking about, so I dare to ask thes question here: What is the meaning with all the cards and the tile-card?
Is the tile card going to be the new Swiss army knife of all cards, and is it thinkable that the rest of the cards will be deprecated/absolete in the future?
Will the tile-card be ā€œthe oneā€?

If the other cards are going to be redesigned, will the be soms sort of consistency between the cards? Right now, styles/form and presentation is quite a messā€¦

Looking forward to help out, if consistency in presentation/styling will be on the roadmapā€¦ Margins/paddings/cards/fonts/pages/everything seems to be inconsistent when you look at the styling and presentation of the UI.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a user of the Harmony integration but as far as I understand, the change was to remove individual activity switches in favour of a single select entity. How would that force you to use YAML?

Can you give an example of how you use the switches now?

3 Likes

Do you use any of the third party integrations listed here: 2024.7: Time to resize your cards! - #84 by Snuffy2

My utility power meters and utility app no longer work after upgrading to Core 2024.7.

I attached screenshots before and after update.

Here are my command line commands in configuration.yaml that create the sensors for the utility app and meters.

command_line:
  - sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_power
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Power"
      #command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/1/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/1/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '([+-]?[0-9]+)'"
      unit_of_measurement: "W"
      device_class: "power"
      scan_interval: 5
      command_timeout: 5

- sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_consumption
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Consumption"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/3/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
      value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(3)}}"
      device_class: "energy"
      state_class: "total_increasing"
      #scan_interval: 86400

- sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_productiion
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Production"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/2/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
      value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(3)}}"
      device_class: "energy"
      state_class: "total_increasing"
      #scan_interval: 86400

utility_meter:
  daily_energy:
    source: sensor.smart_electric_meter_consumption
    name: daily energy
    cycle: daily
    #cron: "* * 9 * *"
    tariffs:
      - offpeak
      - midpeak
      - peak
  monthly_energy:
    source: sensor.smart_electric_meter_consumption
    name: monthly energy
    #cycle: monthly
    cron: "* * 9 * *"
    tariffs:
      - offpeak
      - midpeak
      - peak

Screenshot before applying Core 2024.7:

Screenshot after applying Core 2024.7:

I gave the new core a go and had a few oddities - my qbittorrent integration suddenly didnā€™t expose qbittorrent_all_torrents for example. Iā€™ve reverted will try the next release.

Problems with core.py for me too:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at```

This happened again last night after a reboot. Reverted to 2024.6.4.

No new historical data since update 2024.7.0

iCloud3 v3 was the reason in my case, a fix for this is available here: https://github.com/gcobb321/icloud3_v3/issues/308

this Historical Data ā€œissueā€ is mentioned a few times in this release thread but no one will give more info than ā€œitā€™s not workingā€ā€¦history is working for many (me included) so those with issues should probably start giving some more info around install type, database used, logs, etc, etc and/or open a GitHub issue or this is just going to drag on without a fixā€¦and I can only imagine the frustration itā€™s causingā€¦

1 Like

I can give info about my installation. Energy dashboard is not working anymore since I installed the update. Also long term statistics view using developer tools is completely empty. If I try to go to my energy dashboard configuration, I only see ā€œUnknown Errorā€ and a back button. The most obvious error I see that is related to this is this one:

Logger: homeassistant.core
Bron: core.py:1559
Eerst voorgekomen: 4 juli 2024 om 09:41:45 (1322450 gebeurtenissen)
Laatst gelogd: 14:47:00

Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7f1f0e05b100>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1559, in async_fire_internal
    self._hass.async_run_hass_job(job, event)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 938, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/core.py", line 330, in _event_listener
    if entity_filter(entity_id):
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/recorder_prefilter.py", line 123, in entity_filter
    return recorder_entity_filter(entity_id)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Setup details:

• Core 2024.7.0
  • Supervisor 2024.06.2
  • Operating System12.4
  • Frontend 20240703.0

Using MariaDB as add-on as my database version 2.7.1

Hope this helps? Happy to provide additional info if neededā€¦

Medi

Look in your logs to see why they are unavailable.

Looks like a custom integration is causing issues. icloud3

Since updated to 2024.7, I observed issue where all the sensors are no more recording data to database (I use default HA config). Also CPU is increasing at that moment till I reboot. Itā€™s second time occurring.

When restarting , seems the DB was locked as I see :
The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly

There is no logs for any particular issue related to recording. Sensors still updated and I can see live data but not stored anymore. From my point of view, itā€™s something introduced with 2024.7ā€¦

Iā€™m the only one with this ?
How can I troubleshoot ?

The first problem appear at 4am when there is db cleanup core routine (my 2 cents). Restarting result that DB is storing again and energy dashboard was again running but at 2pm, itā€™s stopped again, resulting in this kind of data missing dashboard;

InfluxDB and Grafana still get continuously the data.