2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

I don’t use Aladdin connect myself,
but If I just take a look at the 2024.6.4 release I think I would be easy to create a HACS integration for the time being.

1 Like

it’s mentioned further up in this thread…the licence for Aladdin Connect (or it’s components) has changed and seems it’s no longer able to be distributed with HA…

1 Like

yes because of a distributed package,

and they hope to be able to ship it again soon.

but if you need it now, you can just create your own custom module and hope no takedown request will come.
or add it as a customer module without github.

It might not be fully legal, but I doubt anyone will stop you.

This is an interesting issue. I have two identical HA instances running on two different computers, one is “online” and one is a backup system with all automations disabled, in case the other computer fails. Last night I updated both systems on pretty much the same time and then went to bed. In the morning I noticed the same thing, sensor data was missing since the update and wasn’t updating. I rebooted the computer and the sensors started working again, but data was missing for the whole night. Here’s the interesting thing: this only happened on one computer. The backup computer was just fine and all the sensors were working normally.

Here you can see it, this graph is from one of my temperature sensors. The lower graph is from the backup system:

example

Same problem here. Looks like resizing won’t do a lot for me

@bdraco is there a good way to programmatically exclude an entire entity from the recorder similar to how you can do it in configuration.yml? That is what @gcobb321 and I were doing with recorder_history_prefilter in icloud3, places, and hass-variables and what is causing the error above posted in multiple other issues since 2024.7 was released.

I guess we could alternatively just exclude all of the attributes of an entity using MATCH_ALL but it notes that this needs to be a class attribute. As a class attribute can I still make it an option per instance to enable this in the recorder or not?

1 Like

I have the same problem but not for all entities… I cannot find link between the one it work and the one not… It seem random

I am having a problem with zigbee with the ha skyconnect when I update zigbee won’t come up.

1 Like

Same problem to me, after update 2024.07 Energy dashboard No more working

I got “unknown Error” if I try to reconfigure

Thank you so much for the TP Link upgrades. Amazing!

I love HA however the removal of the switch functionality from the Logitech Harmony integration is such a backwards step in useability. Now instead of doing easy setup and changes through the UI, I have to resort to YAML in scripts and automations just to make the activities work the way I want. Select doesn’t work for everyone one, especially if your hub controls devices & activities that aren’t used together, like a tv and fireplace fan. Such an easy thing has now been made so much more difficult, especially when it’s not like Logitech is changing their API, it seems kinda pointless to remove now, it just makes things so much harder for folks to setup how they actually want and had working already. If it ain’t broke, don’t “fix” it…

Anyway said my bit, I’ll go back to writing YAML for the next few hours for the many multuple activities that were already working fine before…

1 Like

I do have to agree here, i always thought that HA ethos was if it works today it should work forever unless the vendor changes something or there is a technical reason why it needs to change to prevent issue elsewhere or further down the line.

However in the case of harmony the only reasoning given for the removal of the oh so simple switches was that we don’t need multiple ways to switch activities - why not?

1 Like

Seems you know where you are talking about, so I dare to ask thes question here: What is the meaning with all the cards and the tile-card?
Is the tile card going to be the new Swiss army knife of all cards, and is it thinkable that the rest of the cards will be deprecated/absolete in the future?
Will the tile-card be “the one”?

If the other cards are going to be redesigned, will the be soms sort of consistency between the cards? Right now, styles/form and presentation is quite a mess…

Looking forward to help out, if consistency in presentation/styling will be on the roadmap… Margins/paddings/cards/fonts/pages/everything seems to be inconsistent when you look at the styling and presentation of the UI.

1 Like

I’m not a user of the Harmony integration but as far as I understand, the change was to remove individual activity switches in favour of a single select entity. How would that force you to use YAML?

Can you give an example of how you use the switches now?

3 Likes

Do you use any of the third party integrations listed here: 2024.7: Time to resize your cards! - #84 by Snuffy2

My utility power meters and utility app no longer work after upgrading to Core 2024.7.

I attached screenshots before and after update.

Here are my command line commands in configuration.yaml that create the sensors for the utility app and meters.

command_line:
  - sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_power
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Power"
      #command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/1/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/1/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '([+-]?[0-9]+)'"
      unit_of_measurement: "W"
      device_class: "power"
      scan_interval: 5
      command_timeout: 5

- sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_consumption
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Consumption"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/3/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
      value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(3)}}"
      device_class: "energy"
      state_class: "total_increasing"
      #scan_interval: 86400

- sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_productiion
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Production"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/2/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
      value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(3)}}"
      device_class: "energy"
      state_class: "total_increasing"
      #scan_interval: 86400

utility_meter:
  daily_energy:
    source: sensor.smart_electric_meter_consumption
    name: daily energy
    cycle: daily
    #cron: "* * 9 * *"
    tariffs:
      - offpeak
      - midpeak
      - peak
  monthly_energy:
    source: sensor.smart_electric_meter_consumption
    name: monthly energy
    #cycle: monthly
    cron: "* * 9 * *"
    tariffs:
      - offpeak
      - midpeak
      - peak

Screenshot before applying Core 2024.7:

Screenshot after applying Core 2024.7:

I gave the new core a go and had a few oddities - my qbittorrent integration suddenly didn’t expose qbittorrent_all_torrents for example. I’ve reverted will try the next release.

Problems with core.py for me too:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at```

This happened again last night after a reboot. Reverted to 2024.6.4.

No new historical data since update 2024.7.0

iCloud3 v3 was the reason in my case, a fix for this is available here: https://github.com/gcobb321/icloud3_v3/issues/308