2024.8: Beautiful badges!

We see things differently, although I understand your perspective. For me being consistent is extremely important when dealing with thousands lines of code.

1 Like

The formatting is enforced at the UI level, when you save the script. Having different ways to do this is not the issue. The issue is enforcing a certain formatting rule.

2 Likes

Thanks, the “type: custom…” restored the old look & I DEEPLY appreciate your input…
Lastly, are you aware how to make all seven temps fit in the same row as it originally was. It appears one of the temp moved below the rest.

Thanks Again

Problem with database migration!

I run it as generic-x86-64 on a Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3000 @ 1.04GHz

• Core 2024.8.0
  • Supervisor 2024.08.0
  • Operating System 12.4
  • Frontend 20240806.1

and the mariadb is about 38GB.

How long will this process take and how can you check that everything is still going well? The system has been in the last step for 9 hours (!). I have attached the filtered log (recorder.migration) below. I am grateful for every hint! I’m currently losing a lot of measured values ​​because the recorder doesn’t run without the database.

Holger

2024-08-09 15:57:23.700 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] The database is about to upgrade from schema version 43 to 44
2024-08-09 15:57:24.298 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns data_id, event_type_id in table events. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 16:01:18.489 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns event_id, old_state_id, attributes_id, metadata_id in table states. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 19:30:41.900 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns metadata_id in table statistics. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 19:31:33.818 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns metadata_id in table statistics_short_term. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 19:42:32.109 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns event_id in table events. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 19:47:01.648 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns data_id in table event_data. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 19:47:06.194 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns event_type_id in table event_types. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 19:47:06.250 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns state_id in table states. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 23:59:07.290 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns attributes_id in table state_attributes. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 23:59:51.134 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns metadata_id in table states_meta. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-09 23:59:51.259 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns id in table statistics. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-10 00:00:52.735 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns id in table statistics_short_term. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-10 00:12:46.163 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns id in table statistics_meta. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-10 00:12:46.224 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns run_id in table recorder_runs. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-10 00:12:46.322 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns change_id in table schema_changes. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!
2024-08-10 00:12:46.377 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Modifying columns run_id in table statistics_runs. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow machines. Please be patient!

Be patient!

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know how to restore the old spacing between badges :frowning:

yeah, same here I’ll wait on updating. Everytime I attempt to update to 2024.8 Home Assistant Cloud just stops working entirely and refuses to connect. Can’t justify upgrading and then not being able to use a service that I’m paying for because an update borked it. Badges and all the pretty little things are great and all, I need base functionality.

There is something really wrong when it comes to events triggered in the new version. All my button switches that were connected to Matter stopped working.

I DID change all automations to trigger with the new Matter evennts, “single_press_1”, etc., but my trigger is not received by the automations.
I also switched the trigger from Matter to HomeKit, and I also don’t receive the HomeKit triggers in automations.

However, when I listen for events in the Developer tab, I do see those events properly appearing there. So, for some reason, automations simply don’t catch the events properly.

I switched back to 2024.7.4 and everything works perfectly. So, I guess this issue has something to do with the latest update.

1 Like

I can also confirm that.
I wanted to open or close my Eve Motion Blinds roller blinds that runs via matter and nothing happened. matter cover

1 Like

I can confirm that all my event triggered automations are not working anymore. It doesnt matter if the event is in the trigger or the condition. for example this works on 2024.7.x and below:

description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: knx_event
condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: >-
      {{ trigger.event.data['data'] == 0 and trigger.event.data['destination']
      == '0/0/80' and trigger.event.data['direction'] == 'Incoming' }}
action:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: light.licht_buro_oben
    state: "off"
  - service: light.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id:
        - light.licht_buro_oben
    data:
      brightness: 26
mode: single
1 Like

Hello, am I really the only one having issues with installation this new update? I am just starting with HA therefore I am sorry for a noob question but what should I do with this message? Installation run for few minutes, then I got disconnected and this message is shown when I click the Device info button. No idea what to do. I tried several times but no luck. Can anybody help (step by step really :slight_smile: )
This entity (‘update.home_assistant_core_update’) does not have a unique ID, therefore its settings cannot be managed from the UI. See the documentation for more detail.

You have just linked to the explanation.

Did you read the document you linked too?

What issue do you think you are having?

not my problem.

What Synology did you tried, I have a DS920+ and the default DB of 2.5GB took less than a minute so should be related with MariaDB.

I get it too… I just updated on 2024.8.1 and same… very frustrating

UPDATE: Restart of the PC resolved the issue

Yep, noticed it for the last few months I think. I have to scroll extra fast to get past the part where it tries to get stuck and then it’s fine.

After upgrading to 2024.8.1 my Daikin failed to initialize with the below:
root@ubuntu:~/homeassistant# grep daikin /etc/homeassistant/config/home-assistant.log
2024-08-11 12:27:30.899 ERROR (MainThread) [pydaikin.daikin_base] Exception in TaskGroup: ‘DaikinBRP069’ object has no attribute ‘headers’
2024-08-11 12:27:30.899 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.daikin] Unexpected error creating device 192.168.1.228

Yeah known issue.

A fix has been merged and will be available in the next update. You can downgrade to 2024.8.0 and it will start working again.

Also for people having issues with the Yamaha Network Receiver Integration, check the Settings → Devices & Services → Entities list.

You will very likely see duplicate _2 media player entities. Delete the old unavailable entities then restart. This will remove the _2 and your frontend cards should show your media players again.

These duplicates were created because the way the unique_id was assigned changed (now serial number instead of mac address).