2024.8: Beautiful badges!

Ildar, it’s the last time the configuration was created or modified. It has nothing to do with last_changed or last_updated.

Did you go into the options for the entity? If yes, it was modified. If no, it was not. Cog wheel settings are not modifications of the config

Petro, I changed “entity_id”, “max”, “step” - imho this is considered as a change…
But not in fact. At least in my setup.

Exactly what I did.

This

What I did was:

1. This is “modified” before change:

2. Open a cog, edit smth:

But “modified” is same (after F5).

Those are cog wheel modifications…

Petro, I have only one cog:

Can you tell me where is this?

Yes, correct. And that cog does not update last modified.

It’s what you do when you reconfigure an integration. Click on the integration to view the integration dashboard. Then click the 3 dots on that page and reconfigure.

Lastly, if you have concerns about the information, it’s best to make feature requests on the frontend. So that it can consider cog wheel changes as modifications.

Aaaaaaaaa.
You are talking about changing an “integration” → which may cause changing an entity → which causes a change of “modified” (did not test myself).
Does this mean that only entities created by UI-controlled integrations may have this “modified” property changed?
And what about other entities? What about UI-controlled helpers?
I have a feeling that this part is still “under construction”.
As I said earlier, I really like to have a “modified” column (which is not related to a state/attribute change). But currently this functionality does not seem to work for some types of entities.

This is what I am talking about: in RN it is briefly said about “when entitiy was last modified” - but cog is NOT considered as a modification.

Yep, although reloading yaml entities might change the modified until you restart.

All in all, this is a very new feature and IMO it’s not in the best place. Over time, I suspect it will get better but we’d need people to write up issues and feature requests.

I don’t know how those function. Typically modifying options is essentially like reconfiguring the integration for helpers. That still doesn’t mean it will work.

Or might not.
I edited input_number in yaml → reloaded numbers → modified was not changed.

Agreed.
Meanwhile, I made important remarks for myself:

1. “Modified” is not related to “change of a state / attributtes” (correct).
  2. Adding “modified” is a great step.
  3. It is not working yet as expected → let’s improve it together.

FR: Access to “created_at” & “modified_at” in templates
“created_at” & “modified_at” properties - for a yaml/UI input_number
“created_at” & “modified_at” properties - for a yaml input_boolean
“created_at” & “modified_at” properties - for a yaml template sensor
Settings → Entities: “created_at” & “missing_at” - no year displayed

1 Like

I disabled qbitorrent in 2024.7.x due to another bug (I raised it) so maybe it’s not getting much love thesedays.

Anyone having problem with Yamaha integration?

Logger: homeassistant.components.media_player
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:364
integration: Media Player (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:46:40 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:46:40

Error while setting up yamaha platform for media_player
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 364, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(awaitable)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/yamaha/media_player.py", line 167, in async_setup_platform
    zone_ctrls = await hass.async_add_executor_job(_discovery, config_info)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/yamaha/media_player.py", line 136, in _discovery
    for recv in rxv.find():
                ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/rxv/__init__.py", line 19, in find
    return [RXV(**ri._asdict()) for ri in ssdp.discover(timeout=timeout)]
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/rxv/ssdp.py", line 68, in discover
    m = re.search(r"LOCATION:(.+)", res.decode('utf-8'), re.IGNORECASE)
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xff in position 0: invalid start byte

I am having the same issue, but with scripts that were created prior to 2024.8. If I make a new script it seems to work to revise after the fact, but anything that was there prior to the update shows a blank page in the UI but can be edited from the yaml.

Very odd. My scripts no issue. The vast majority of the automations have been affected, but not all. So far, have been unable to find the cause.

Can you create a new script in the UI, paste the YAML of an older script (renaming it) and try to save? Can you then edit the script in the UI?

I have been unable to create any new automation through the UI, only YAML for the time being.

Odd one, badge photo’s working for the cats but not for the wife & I.

Badges are nice and they look really nice now.

One thing I think is missing.

(Icon and name)

You have a name field but can only use it if it is complete :thinking:

Cool release!

There’s a small typo in the link to the Israel Railways integration, should point to https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/israel_rail/ - note Israel vs Isreal

Maybe I don’t understand the term “visual editor” but I still get the message “No visual editor available for type ‘picture-elements’.” when I create a new dashboard with a picture-elements card. I wonder what they mean by “visual editor”.