433toMQTTto433 Gateway Device List

Does anyone know if the x10 motion detectors are compatible?

I have a PIR2 and couple DW1 that I use home with the OpenMQTTGateway so yes, they are compatible.

Do you have a Golden Security main panel? Or are you able to use it without it?

Youā€™ll be able to use it without main panel :slight_smile:

hello guys, hopefully someone will know the answer to this:

I am stuck here: I put the RF receiver to pin D3 on my wemos D1 mini. ( https://wiki.wemos.cc/products:d1:d1_mini )

now this part does nothing: https://github.com/1technophile/OpenMQTTGateway/wiki/User-guide-RF

By that I mean subscribing to home/ and then nothing.

with the other mqttgateway I do get raw. with this when I press the gate opener it does nothing :slight_smile:
what am I doing wrong.

thx in advance I really appreciate it.

Any chance you could relink the water leak detector and/or post a picture of it?

this one is working:

2 Likes

Is this compatible using the YS-IRTM IR send & recive module and a esp 8266 (wemos d1 for example)?

Is there any wiring instructions available if so?

Iā€™m just looking for a easy solution to teach home assistant a ir send & recive functionality and a backwards compatibility with a lotā€™s of old devices :slight_smile:

Thankā€™s!

Hi,

Yes, it works with both IR send & receive (for TV, stereos, AMP, game consoles, AC, pretty much everything that can be controlled with IR remote). It should automatically recognize the signal (if one of the most commonly used).

However, in some cases (for less used protocols or for AC units) the signal might not be recognized. In this case raw values still can be used (actually raw values can be used also for common protocols such as NEC). After successfully recording of an IR signal this can be stored and set as payload to an MQTT switch and then fired whenever needed.

There are a few steps that need to be done prior to uploading the sketch, in order to be able to fully use raw values, tough (assuming NodeMCU variety and not an Arduino Uno/Mega):

• set the sketch to publish unknown protocols (as per default functionality it wonā€™t publish); this is done in config_IR.h by setting to true #define pubIRunknownPrtcl
    The following two modifications are done in the libraries folder (your user\Documents\Arduino\libraries)
  • set MQTT_MAX_PACKET_SIZE in PubSubClient.h to something like 512 or even 1,024
  • increase the size of the raw recording buffer to 300U or 400U in IRRecv.h line #define RAWBUF 100U // Length of raw duration buffer.
1 Like

Is there any instructions available? Starting would be best with wiring - sorry, Iā€™m totally new to this. Just have basic home assistant stuff done so far.

If Iā€™m right with this, a wemos d1 mini (3$) and this ir module yr-irtm ($1.5) could make home assistant enable to control my amp and TV (ir send) via home assistant (e.g. web ui) and could make home assitant also controllable via a ir remote (ir receive).

If somebody has some (even basic) instructions how to start (hardware and software wise) me and many others would be very glad! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Yes you are right but not only :wink:

You can begin by the wiki for the common setup

if you are interested in IR after go here for setup

Here for Home assistant integration.

And here for user guide.

If you need support there is now a dedicated forum:

2 Likes

My Hunter fan broadcasts at 350mhz. Yours is 433mhz? Iā€™ve been wanting to automate my fan for a long time now and am interested in what you find.

are you sure it is 350mhz?

I know 315mhz exist but didnā€™t heard about 350mhz

This is what the label says:

hmmm, it is surely not compatible with the traditional receivers and emitters that you are going to find on the market (315/433).
Is there a way to control it by plugging it to a RF wall plug?

This is a ceiling fan. Itā€™s hard wired into the power coming from the ceiling.

Sorry, no.

Iā€™ve given up on trying to get this remote to work. Itā€™s a completely lost cause.

Iā€™m pinning my hopes on the new Sonoff fan controller (ifan02). I havenā€™t heard too much about support for it from Tasmota or anything yet. But I havenā€™t really been looking lately either. Maybe itā€™s supported now.

If it works Iā€™ll try to post back here to spread the word.

Edit:

Well, never mind. It looks like it is supported by Tasmota now. I just got a notification from another thread I posted about it.

Thankā€™s for your links. I read myself thru the wiki but couldnā€™t find anything mentioning my IR send&receive module (YR-IRTM) and no wiring where RXD and TXD is involved.

Is there any threads/documentation or pictures with wiring hints? I have no idea what to do :confused:

I went over here:

Hi,

With the same module I couldnā€™t connect to any Arduino project so I de-soldered the emitter and receiver modules from the board and theyā€™re fine to go (for the emitter you can also dismantle an old IR remote). The emitter module is easy to connect to (either by direct solder or with jumper cables), however the receiver is a little more difficult as the three pins are quite close together. As an alternative you can use the following receiver:

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for your feedback. I choose this solution (hardware) because itā€™s solder free and I thought itā€™s supported software wise.

I will look deeper in it. Maybe we get it running :slight_smile: