433toMQTTto433 Gateway Device List

Just upload this to a esp

and im getting this

the last line is me press the remote heap of time

he it is with a 1 press

all remote doing the same thing

some point down the right manual

Hello,

This thread is for listing and questions related to OMG compatible devices, not for support.
If you have question please send them to the dedicated community:

thats the Manual i wanted

thanks

Hello, I am trying to find information somewhere but no luck. I am planning to connect multiple door/window sensors and I don’t know if it can be identified, I mean like I want to know which window triggered. Is it possible ? thank you

Hi,

It depends on the sensor but most of 433 Mhz open door sensors work with OpenMQTT Gateway.

If looking to go 433 Mhz way then D026 is the best you can find (you should try it first against the other devices in your home as I’ve seen 433 Mhz sensors to cause interference with the DVB-C CAM CI+ on several TV channels, especially HD channels; my TV is not affected but I have a different provider than the one where I’ve seen the interference; anyway, it was possible the cable was not properly wired from the socket to the TV in the first place).

D026 sends 4 codes (different) for open/close/tamper/low battery and all of them are received. I posted link to Chinese Aliexpress site in one of the comments above.

Sole downside is the battery life (at 3-4 events/day it should keep around half of year but with highly circulated doors you should probably go with something else, maybe a full time powered device). However, as it has a low battery signal sent you will be notified when battery starts to degrade (at around 7.5V from what I think but it still works at 5.5 V).

Okay, and do I undrestand right that each door sensor have unique radio code or ID so I can see if it was door sensor in bedroom or door sensor in other room ?

Yes, of course. You won’t have interference between two 433 Mhz sensors. The warning above was in regard of 433 Mhz interfering with other devices in your home.

In OpenMQTT you will see the codes from D026 as following (low battery code doesn’t appear when brand new, obviously :slight_smile: ; for normal use you could set a binary sensor with only on and off payloads):

• minor code: close;
  • major code: open;
  • minor + 4: tamper;
  • major + 1: low battery.

Each sensor sends all of these 4 codes different than the others (haven’t seen two units with same codes).

For example (from what I’ve found codes are from 5 to 8 digits but for simplicity purpose I considered shorter codes) one sensor sends (close/tamper/open/low battery) 11/15/18/19 and other 31/35/38/39.

great informations, many thanks for explanation.

@lokiberra Could you please explain how you got them to work?

Smart Home Wall Panel Remote Transmitter 1/2/3 Button Sticky RF TX Room Living Room Bedroom Wireless Remote 315mhz 433.92Mhz
http://s.aliexpress.com/MF73qyma

They are transmitters, right? So there must be a way to save the payload message to trigger switching on and off. How do you put them in record mode? I was thinking of transmitting payload message via pi-rf in the raspberry pi.

Thank you for any comment,

That’s just like a remote control, you press one of the button, it send one code.

There is not much more to it.

Just press the button and see what code home-assistant receive. Then do whatever you want in home-assistant when this code is received.

@mixpc @touliloup Right, I just got the codes that OMG published to MQTT when I pressed the buttons. Then I set up an automation to toggle a light when that code is received (only one code is sent when the button is pressed). I now have the automation in node red. Does that help?

@lokiberra @touliloup thank you for your answers. Very helpful indeed. I just thought the switch would be programmable so you could choose whichever code you prefer. But now it’s clear to me. I think these wall panel remote transmitters are a very good option.

Thank you.

1 Like

Does anyone who has the kerui door/window sensors know if the branding is permanently printed on them or removable? I like the styling of them, but would rather not have the GIANT brand name plastered all over the house, especially if the door/window orientation means it has to be upside-down.

Hi,

It depends on the batch so you’ve got a 50/50 chance to get one free of any branding. However, depending on how the branding was applied, it can be easily removed after heating with a hairdryer (doesn’t leave any trace afterwards).

Regardless, I think that the branding issue would only matter if you have white doors and windows. I suggest painting the sensor case with a can of spray paint so that it matches the color of your door/window (Fibaro has several different color sensors - of the Z-wave type - however the price is much higher than for the 433 Mhz or even the Zigbee units). The good news is that, after painting, there is no impact on the RF sensor range.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like painting them would be a good idea, my window frames are dark colour.

How did you work discover the tamper and low battery codes? Trying to work there out for my door & PIR sensors.

Hi,

First step is to connect to the MQTT broker used during the setup of OpenMQTT Gateway (if running terminal on the same machine as the broker there is no need for providing the host).
mosquitto_sub -h 192.168.x.x -d -t "#"
Values should start pouring in if there are multiple clients connected to the broker so might need to restrict topic to the OMG only (if you did not modify the gateway’s name it would be the topic below; however, if you setup multiple gateways/sensors you should assign each of them an unique name when compiling in the Arduino IDE):
mosquitto_sub -h 192.168.x.x -d -t "home/OpenMQTTGateway/#"

You should also include details on the type of PIR & OD sensors used (I did post links to working sensors above; for open door sensors D026 is pretty much the sole option available with all the open/close/tamper/low battery; for PIR there aren’t significant differences between them).

After having a working setup (haven’t touched on the technical side of attaching the 433 Mhz transmitter and the receiver to the ESP/Arduino board as I assume this is already done) try to trigger sensors then write down the codes for each action (open/close the door for OD sensor, respectively move inside the area for PIR sensor). For PIR sensors you might also want to read about range/triggering area/mounting angle/etc.

For the tamper code of the OD sensor you need to release the push switch on the back of the sensor (as mentioned above, only D026 seems to have the tamper switch and to send the different codes for open/close; most other open door sensors send only open code; these sensors that send only open code might still be used if assuming that the door is being automatically closed after opening but due to the small price difference vs. D026 I don’t think they worth the hassle).

For the low battery code to arrive (code it is sent by the sensor only alongside with open or close code if the battery is low; it is not sent as a heartbeat signal) you might need to short a battery for a few minutes (if the battery is new) in order to get it to a 6-7 V range which will trigger it.

Of the PIR sensors only P829 I’ve found to send low voltage code in addition to motion but low voltage on the PIR sensor might not be a game changing requirement after all (see below). Most of the PIR sensors have two small dip switches inside the case:

• for frequency of sending the motion detected code (either at 5 seconds or at 5 minutes); if using the PIR sensor only for triggering the lights then 5 minutes is more than acceptable and should ensure a few years of operation before replacing batteries (actually depends on how often sensor is triggered but for residential use it should be ok). For security purposes the 5 minutes interval might not be suited :slight_smile:
  • for toggling the motion detection light on the unit. This doesn’t affect motion detection but whether if the led state on the PIR is turned on when motion detection code is sent. Case of low batteries, the state led will turn on regardless of the dip switch (so that is unlikely batteries will run out).

Some of the PIR sensors (P819/P829/etc) also have dual powering option (battery and microUSB port). If powering through microUSB port then the batteries will act as a backup to ensure no downtime.

2 Likes

The latest leak detector from Kerui is also compatible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guys what about some 433Mhz keypads for use as “alarm panel”. Did anyone test something?

1 Like

I see tons, it needs to be checked that the frequency are those supported