433toMQTTto433 Gateway Device List

Please help! I don’t know where to post. When i compile OpenMQTTGateway.ino error appear

OpenMQTTGateway:249:23: error: call of overloaded ‘trc(IPAddress)’ is ambiguous

trc(WiFi.localIP());

please help, thanks so much!

Hello,

You should find all the infos needed for your first steps into the wiki and in particular in the troubleshooting section. If you dont succeed you can request help to the OMG community :

1 Like

hello I also wanted this door sensor therefore my question are you satisfied with it and what battery is installed or how long did the battery last?

Hello, i have done some tests on windows and door sensors (among others) you can find them here :

1 Like

hello, your project is great. Is it possible to integrate m-bus?

It’s using a 27A battery. I change the sensor battery in the apartment door every three months. (approx)

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the reply. are the batteries going to go flat so fast? I bought the old sensor I bought almost 11 months ago.

Same thing for me. Devices based on 12V batteries like 23A or 27A must be avoided

At the moment the following one is the best choice:

may I ask you why?

I’m waiting for a parcel from AliExpress with 5 of similar ones and will report back when they arrive :wink:

1 Like

the capacity of A23 batteries or equivalents are around 55mAh giving a power of 0.055 * 12 = 0,66WH
AAA batteries has a capacity of around 1AH giving a power of 1 * 1.5 = 1.5WH
The 27A has even smaller capacity 20mAh
This is an approximation of course due to the fact that the battery voltage decrease over the discharge, but you can see that an AAA battery has more than 2 times the power of a A23.

If we take the price dimension; for 2 duracell A23 batteries you have to pay 3 euros on amazon → 1.5€ each, for 12 duracell AAA batteries you have to pay 9€ → 0.75€ each

In synthesis two times more expensive with 2 times less power :slight_smile:

Got it.
Also, don’t forget you can use rechargeable AAA batteries, but there is no such thing as rechargeable A23/27A, which makes the price dimension even more distinctive.

You"re right yet another cons against A23…

Have you experienced any range issues with those? My gateway based on an ESP8266 + mx-js-05v receiver does’t get anything from a sensor placed 5 meters away (if I move the sensor closed then it works). Still waiting for my Sonoff RF bridge to see if the issue is with my receiver and not the sensor.

Another issue, the last batch of GS-WDS07 I’ve ordered didn’t have the tamper switch populated, does anyone have a part number (aliexpress/banggood link) for the switch used?

You should better go with superheterodyne ones:

What kind of antennas are you using?

Hi, looking for an RF doorbell recommendation to use with openmqttgateway, currently using an ESP01 and fed up with changing batteries on it even though I’m using deep sleep mode, the openmqqtgateway is working perfectly since last year.

I have read this thread and someone mentioned a JETech one from amazon which is no longer available, they do a similar one here but seeing as the original post is 2 years old, im concerned they may have changed the spec of it.

Kind regards

This one works. Doesn’t have great door bell tones but the actually ringer button doesn’t require any batteries. I believe it uses kinetect energy to power the transmitter.

It’s hooked up to an Sonoff RF Bridge via MQTT, so should still work with OpenMQTT Gateway.

thankyou for replying, I ordered the one I linked to on amazon and it works great!

Have you used this one in HA? Looking to get one to test with Sonoff RF Bridge under Tasmota?