💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

Hi.
I am currently looking at this wonderful Blueprint. Thank you very much for it.
But I have a problem. I use Homematic motion detectors, but I can’t select them for brightness under ambience. However, my zwave sensors are displayed there. Does anyone know the problem?

You can do it with the bypass as well if you like as long as your “night” has an on / off state and then use option 1 to turn the lights on.

Blacky :smiley:

Me too

@rhino53150

Welcome to the community.

Yes after the “By-pass - Time Delay”. If you would like it to turn OFF instantly then set “By-pass - Time Delay” to 0.

@herbert1910

As long as your Homematic motion detectors are a numeric state and the state reports a reading like lux try this. Copy the lux entity ID of your Homematic motion detector. Go into the automation and add your zwave sensors. Then top right 3 dots edit in YAML. Find the zwave sensors you just added in and replace it by pasting your lux entity ID of your Homematic motion detector in its place. Click save and your done.

New update 5.3

Happy New Year everyone :partying_face:

A lot of work has gone into this release
 you all have been asking for it so here it is. Hope you like it.

:warning: Some work is required and it is easy. If you have been using dynamic lighting, once you have updated the blueprint and would like to keep using the “Use Dynamic Lighting - Brightness” setting then select “Lux Controlled Brightness” from the dropdown menu and click save.

New Feature :new:

Dynamic Lighting Options

1. New layout to accommodate all the new options.
  2. Change the name of the existing dynamic selection from “Use Dynamic Lighting - Brightness” to “Lux Controlled Brightness”.
  3. Added “Lux Controlled Brightness - Inverted”. this work in the opposite direction to the existing Dynamic Lighting. One example on what it could be used for is your tablets on the wall controlling HA. When it is dark your tablet can be dimmed down so you don’t blind yourself. When it is bright your tablet can increase the brightness so you can see it.
  4. Added “Sun Elevation Lighting - Colour Temp” - This work off the suns elevation. As the sun rises you can start with a warm colour temp to then increase to a cooler colour temp. When the sun sets you can go from a cool colour temp to a warm colour temp at night.
  5. Added “Sun Elevation Lighting - Brightness” - This will follow the same path as the colour temp. As the sun rises you can start with a low brightness % to then increase to a higher brightness %. When the sun sets you can go from high brightness % to a lower brightness % at night.
  6. Added “Sun Elevation Lighting - Colour Temp + Brightness” - This uses both the colour temp and the brightness % together.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

2 Likes

Ok I’m now sitting in the dark with 5.3 with dynamic option #5. So I’m confused how this is supposed to work. It’s 6:35am here, and I thought the lights would be set to the ‘maximum’ value, but they are being set to the ‘minimum’ value (0). I’m using the Aqara FP2 Lux sensor, which is near real time readings.

Dynamic Option 5
Dynamic Max - 85
Dynamic Min - 0
Max color temp - 5000
Min color temp - 2600
Rest of dynamic is default settings

5.2 was working perfectly for me. If I set the dynamic minimum to a value, then the lights do come on. So the “max” value at sunrise is not being used.

Use option 1 - Lux Controlled Brightness. That is what you had before.

And I’m thinking there needs to be a #6 option too
that’s sun elevation, color temp/brightness + Lux. Under 5.2 I was using the dynamic lighting with my FP2 via LUX, and it was awesome. Lights turned off when ambient light was high enough. But I was missing the color temp aspect. Was excited to see 5.3, but doesn’t look like it adds color temp to my 5.2 dynamic setup as #5 has no lux inputs.

When I get some time I will post the how to use it. It all in each heading but it can be confusing as I have been looking at it for a very long time. Hit the update again to get the correct numbers as one was wrong.

Is there a typo for the “start point” option? It says options 3,4,5, but the ‘end point’ says 1,2,3,4,5.

Dynamic Lighting - Sun Elevation Descending - Start Point

Used in options 3, 4, or 5 - When the sun descends below the sensor’s starting point, both the colour temperature and brightness percentage will transition linearly from their maximum to minimum values until they reach the descending endpoint, based on the chosen settings.

Dynamic Lighting - Sun Elevation Descending - End Point

Used in options 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 - When the sun descends below the sensor’s endpoint, the minimum colour temperature and minimum brightness value will be established according to the chosen settings.

Yep hit update again it has already been fixed.

Hey everyone, @Blacky

First of all, super brilliant that there is a new 2024 update on 7 January, I will implement it straight away :-).

But I just read from the previous speaker @DuckDuck25 that you use the FP2 Lux sensor in conjunction with the dynamic light control.

I would have thought that, like me, you were missing the offset function. My sensor always jumps back and forth because the light that is switched on also has an offset.

Is it not possible to add an optional function?

There is one at the bottom:

> Ambient Light Sensor - Site Conditions
> 
> In some cases when your lights turn ON, your ambient light sensor is affected, increasing its LUX value. This can cause the lights to go OFF prematurely. Please select an option that best suits your installation.
> 
> **NOTE** - If using an offset between the high and low lux value, then please select NO.

But I don’t think it works or is too imprecise!

Do you have any tips for me?

Thanks for your help
Seger

I’ll explain this better. Here is the scenario.

1. The “lights” are ON because the “Trigger” turned them on,
  2. Then the Entity for the “Bypass - Keep the lights in current state” is true, the “Lights” will stay on.
  3. The Entity for the “Bypass” then goes back to false.
    Now that the “Bypass” is false, what happens to the “lights” if the “Trigger” is false previously and the “Time Delay” has expired previously?

Thanks,

Hi,

Would it also be possible to add the source URL for the new blueprint update feature of HA?

Thx again for the awesome work

Hi, this is an excellent blueprint and saving me a lot of work!

In the ‘Dynamic Lighting - Ambient Light Sensor’ section, it only allows for individual lux sensors, is it possible to add a helper as a trigger please?

I have created an arithmetic mean helper from the 2 lux sensors I have in the room which I think would give a better indication of the levels.

Thanks so much for this :slight_smile:

@Seger85

It all realy depends on your sensors, your sensors reporting, your settings if they are to tight etc, sun elevation data, light transition, your heartbeat etc. There are a lot of factors.

If it is just a light that comes ON and goes OFF in a short time frame and you would just like it to adjust to the starting data, then you can set your heartbeat to a long time. This way it will take the initial reading (depending on your data and how old it it) and set the lights.

You can also still use the settings in the light control. If you are using dynamic brightness then in the light control you can still use colour temp and transition. If you are using dynamic colour temp then in the light control you can still use brightness and transition.

Because we can always use transition in the light control to help dynamic lighting this will also help you make it smooth.

There are so many factors because of all the sensors that are out there and all the settings you have to play with. It can be a bit tricky to get it right to what you would like and it may just not work how you would like it but I am hoping it will.

The light will turn OFF after your “By-pass - Time Delay”. When you turn ON the bypass the previous “Time Delay” is cancelled.

There is one thing to look out for and that is if you are only using scenes or scripts with no entity
 you must have an entity in “Lights - Switches - Scenes - Scripts” and or “Night Lights” if that is the case too.

@ob1w4nken0b1

Just update the blueprint with the blue import blueprint again or use the GitHub url of this blueprint when using “Import Blueprint” in HA. HA will automaticity install the url for you. URL below for your convenience. Go to settings / automations & scenes / blueprint tab at top / import blueprint / then copy paste the url below in / preview and you should have an override blueprint button if all is correct. if so click it and you will have the url so you can use the new update feature into the future.

@nicnicol

I think you are saying you would like to use your arithmetic mean helper as the lux sensor. As long as it report in numeric state you can use it. Just enter in a lux sensor any one will do, then click on the 3 dots top right select edit in yaml, look for the lux sensor you just added in and replace it with your arithmetic mean helper entity ID. Click save and your done.

Hope this works for you.