💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

Hello @Blacky

thanks for the great work. But I am doing something wrong or I have overlooked something.

HA. 2023.6.2
Blueprint 3.6

Occupancy triggers but in the flow of the automation I don’t see that the trigger was triggered in the automation.

I have checked Occupancy via developer mode which goes cleanly from off to on and from on to off.

Did I miss something?
if I make a simple automation with the sensor and Occupancy everything is ok and works

Hi @Blackymas

Thanks for all the information :+1:

Could you please expand ("< >") your devices down to entities as “Areas” and “Devices” are not supported. Once you have done that, you should see your triggers.

:x:

:white_check_mark:

Let us know how you go.

Blacky :smiley:

Hi Blacky,

I’m on a mission to remove bugs from the HA instance. Here is one from this blueprint

Error evaluating condition in 'Laundry - Lights on motion': In 'condition' (item 1 of 6): In 'or' (item 9 of 9): In 'and' (item 1 of 2): In 'template' condition: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'entity_id'

7:21:53 AM – (WARNING) Automation

Here is the YAML for the only automation I use (testing it presently for wider implementation)

alias: Laundry - Lights on motion
description: Laundry - Lights on motion
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.md_laundry_group
    light_switch:
      entity_id: light.laundry_white
    time_delay: 3
    include_light_control:
      - use_brightness
    light_transition_on: 0

that was the mistake - sorry and thank you

1 Like

Could you confirm what version you are on. If you are not on Version 3.6 or above could you please update and let us know.

Q: How do you update the blueprint and not delete / recreate existing automations?

A Please follow these steps Click Here.

EDIT: I have just checked it here with your settings and I have no bugs. I am on Version 3.7 that will be releases soon but Version 3.6 should stop these bugs as I spent allot of time fixing them in the last release :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

New update 3.7

New Feature :new:

By-Pass

You can now select a by-pass option to turn the lights ON when you turn the by-pass ON. This will now allow you to use the by-pass like a normal physical switch.

It is only when you turn the by-pass OFF that it will check the trigger, and if the trigger is ON it will leave or turn the lights ON. If the trigger is OFF it will turn the lights OFF. Remember when the automation turn your lights OFF you have an extra setting “By-pass Time Delay” so if you would like it to instantly turn your lights OFF you would set this to “0”. This is the same function no matter what enable option you choose.

We have also update the by-pass enable options description in the hope it will be clearer when selecting one of the three enable option.

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome as usual @Blacky, you work at the speed of light! :heart:
Absolutely inspirational!

P.S. Btw - couldn’t donate to you from my country, do you happen to have other donation platforms you use?

I couldn’t find the donation option. Please link.

Thanks @samuelthng glad you like it :+1:

I will PM you.

Hi @harryfine

My dontion link? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for all your support, it is very humbling.

Hi again @Blacky
I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread and keeping track of all the latest versions and features. I’m wondering if this latest release, if my understanding is correct, now allows for the scenario I asked about in April?

It sounds like it might, and allow the motion sensor, door sensor and smart switch override/bypass to combine to allow for occupancy automation with temporary bypass via smart switch?

If so, I’ll disable my current automation and give this blueprint a try :slight_smile: Keep up the great work!

Done. I would encourage everyone here too click that link. Blacky does great work on this and other blueprints. This should really become part of stock homeassistant

3 Likes

Hi,
First just want to say thanks for this awesome blueprint, now, would it be possible when using a scene to run on activate, instead of choosing another scene scene to return to ie ‘scene off’, could you add the ability to use “call service - create scene” and chose the entities to that we could watch and return too, this would be so much better than a scene that could have changed since we created it (ie the colour / brightness could be controlled via another automation)

like in the screenshot you would create a scene named something ie. before, then for the return part (like you do now) you would just activate this scene scene.before

Thanks
Andy.

I would get errors like this a lot especially after a reboot. Version 3.6 has seemed to fix all the errors I was getting. Although errors were showing up in the log none of my automations ever failed to run properly, that I’m aware of.

Yeah I’m using this exact use case, but do take note, the blueprint does not modify your bypass. So if you need the bypass to turn off, you have to turn it off manually or via another automation.

For Aqara Wireless Switch, if it doesn’t hold the state, you might need an input helper. (Setup instructions can be found in FAQs - third Q&A)

1 Like

@Scoff

Hi Scott, thanks for keeping an eye on this thread. I haven’t forgotten your suggestion as I have a 2 page word document of all my thoughts and notes on the code and the how to but there are some hurdles to get over.

@Scoff & @samuelthng

Stay tuned. For now I have a :hourglass_flowing_sand: Entity - Run ON Timer blueprint that will turn your by-pass off in a set time period.

1 Like

Thanks for your support, it realy helps me a lot and is much appreciated.

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@andyblac

Hi Andy, thanks for your suggestion. I sort of recall that when developing this option back in Version 1.6, I had a few hurdles and If I renumber correctly. I think they were;

1. scene.create, believe it can’t survive a restart.
  2. scene.create, something to do with automation mode restart, and will it keep creating scenes of the new lights on every trigger once they have been turned ON thus never turning OFF.
  3. The complex nature of targets

There were a few more and I wish I did notes on the day but I didn’t :pensive:

However I do like it and maybe I should revisit it again.

yeah i can imagine the complexity of it all.

@Blacky please add my changes from the fork at gist.github.com. This is the implementation of presence in the zone detection by the specified persons (optional).