♾ Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie Lights - House Alarm Lights - Smoke Alarm Lights & Exhaust Fans + More

The time delay should stop it for turning ON your kitchen lights. Thanks for your YAML… I see this is one I missed as your post was 5 days ago. If all is good now please let us know if not I will have to test it with your set up to see what it happening.

Blacky :smiley:

@CptKalibak

1 = Yes the sun will trigger when it crosses over its set point.
2 = I will add this to the list, thanks for your suggestion.

1 Like

Thanks you I have now got this working, :grin:

I am wondering if anyone has a PlayStation in HA that would be able to give me 3 screen shots of the attributes when they are playing a game, watching a movie or listing to music. You will need to go into developer tools / states / find your PlayStation entity and take a screen shot of it. This way I can make an option for your lights when this is happening. Example Playing a Game and all your lights go into a game mode, nice hay. Below is my Apple TV as an example.

I am looking to see what is in the media_content_type especially when you are playing a game. It should be but I would like to confirm this.

media_content_type: game

Thanks for your help :+1:

FAQ - APP Option how to add a app that is not listed!

As this Blueprint grows, we will be adding more options to select. Since I don’t have access to every device, it’s challenging to determine what works and what is available. If your app is not listed in the drop-down menu and is a mainstream app, please post a screenshot of your device displaying the attributes while using the app. This way, I can verify what is required and update the blueprint to include the app. To do this, go to Developer Tools > States Tab and search for your entity, as shown below.

Once you find your media player, you will see a list of attributes. Below is an example using Apple TV. Note the ‘app_id’. This is what you would include in the input. You may not see ‘app_id’; instead, you might see ‘app_name’ or ‘media_content_type’. All of these options are supported, so you can input whatever you see into the input.

In the example below, in ‘app_id: com.apple.TVWatchList’, you would copy ‘com.apple.TVWatchList’ and paste it directly into the input, then press enter. This will add your app to the automation. This has already been added to the blueprint; selecting ‘Apple TV’ from the dropdown menu would achieve the same result.

Sharing what you can see will help expand this blueprint and make it more versatile for other community members. Collaborating together will benefit everyone.

Enjoy

Back to FAQ: Click Here

New Update - Version 1.7

Lights, Camera, Action! Get ready to grab the popcorn because it’s movie time with a touch of cinematic magic! :clapper::sparkles:

:warning: It is a BIG ONE :bomb: :firecracker: :partying_face: :tada: make sure you check it out!!

New Feature :new:

• APP Option - You can select the apps used in the media player (e.g., Apple TV, Netflix, etc.) that will activate the automation only when these apps are being used. You can now customise when movie mode will be activated.
  • Ambient Light - Scenes Toggle Helper - To ensure the smooth operation of the automation, it’s recommended to create a separate toggle helper specifically for enabling ambient options.
  • Sun Elevation Rising - Keeping it inline and up to date with the sensor light blueprint.
  • Ambient Light - High Lux Value - Keeping it inline and up to date with the sensor light blueprint.

Maintenance :toolbox:

• From your feedback to create a manual we have updated a lot of input descriptions to better help understand what they do and also provided more links directly to the blueprint FAQ’s. This will hopefully help you find what you are looking for when setting it up.
  • Massive code clean up giving this blueprint some love.

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed some bugs in the sun elevation option.
  • Fixed some bugs in the ambient light option.
  • Fixed some bugs in the bypass.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Hello,

Thank you for this blueprint. I’m using this automation in combination with your sensor light blueprint. I’m trying to set up a movie mode.

Everything seems to be working as it should except for when I turn the apple tv off. Instead of returning to the lights before I started watching a movie it turns all the lights off instantly as soon as I turn the apple tv off. I read in this thread ( FAQ - How To Use The Automation Link Option) that I should not use the “The Start Turn OFF Options” or “The End Turn ON Options”.

1 Like

Thanks for all of your crazy skilled Blueprints :+1:t2::muscle:t2:

Im having the same problem as GleDel :sob:

I have followed every instruction, but i must do something wrong. My lights turn off when i pause, instead of going back to the settings before the automation started.

Sorry my bad :pensive: I was going to update this as it is an old FAQ and is not relevant any more. Good new is you made me update it and it now details how to use it correctly. Sorry for the stuff around and thanks for getting me to update it ASAP :+1:

Have a look at it again and let me know if this has now resolved your problem. Click Here

@klunkefar

Thanks for you kind words and welcome to the community.

Sorry my bad :pensive: I was going to update this as it is an old FAQ and is not relevant any more. Good new is you made me update it and it now details how to use it correctly. Sorry for the stuff around and thanks for getting me to update it ASAP :+1:

Have a look at it again and let me know if this has now resolved your problem. Click Here

New Update - Version 1.8

Lights, Camera, Action! Get ready to grab the popcorn because it’s movie time with a touch of cinematic magic! :clapper::sparkles:.

:warning: Please refer to version 1.7 for the latest updated features, as this version is simply a tidy up.

:bangbang:Please note that we have updated the instructions for using the automation link, as the old method was outdated and ineffective. To review the updated instructions, click here.

Maintenance :toolbox:

• Updated light transition sliders to be more user friendly.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

1 Like

Its all good :grin::muscle:t2:

Everything works like a charm now❤️

Thank you very much :sunglasses::muscle:t2::denmark:

Thank you for your quick response. Is it possible to change the “End Turn ON - Lights - Switches - Scenes” to allow scripts?

I am using a script in the linked automation do determine what lights to turn on and with what settings and I would like to just use that script to turn the light back on.

I tested it with the snapshot for now and that works!

@klunkefar

No problem at all

Enjoy

@GleDel

Yea I will look into it.

Glad you got it going

Thank You. I noticed something else.

The Intermission function works just fine when the state of my apple tv is ‘paused’. But somehow i cannot get it to work with ‘Idle’ (or ‘Inactief’ in dutch)

I would like to make the lights slightly brighter when paused or idle and turn them off when standby.

@GleDel

Looks like you have Idle and it should be idle case sensitive. Best way is to look in your developer tools and put it into idle. Then just copy paste the state.

Looks like it indeed was a ‘case sensitive’ issue. Thanks again!

Looking forward to the script update. Thank you.

Nice one :+1:

Okay

New Update - Version 1.9

Lights, Camera, Action! Get ready to grab the popcorn because it’s movie time with a touch of cinematic magic! :clapper::sparkles:

New Feature :new:

• End Turn ON - You can now select scripts. If you are using a script in the Sensor Light Blueprint this allows you to use the same script when using the automation link option.

Enjoy