Add latest model of Switchbot Lock Pro

Will it be likely that night latch will be supported in future properly via bluetooth once the lock is integrated?
I guess before that it will then only know the status of closed and open (night lock also open) but not unlocked with night lock enganged?

Also will be interesting if the integration then works better as the lock right now. I have the problem that if I unlock the lock without going to the point where the night latch is drawn back - the lock does not notice this in the switchbot app.
Also if you turn by hand / key the lock less than the fully configured closed - it will be unnoticed.

So if I open the door by unlocking via hand two turns (night latch still closed) - then use handle from the inside to walk out - the lock still thinks itā€™s closed - and auto lock / re-lock will not happen.
Thatā€™s quite a security problem. Besides of course that if it would unlock by accident while Iā€™m not home - door springs open - then it cannot close again. So will need to install something below the door increasing the force to actually jump open (sometimes clicking on opening in the app causes this, sometimes it stays in a position where it can close again).

The 3m tape already got loose - thatā€™s pretty annoying. Had to drill the metal lock protector to fix the Switchbot and add two screws.
Also the magnet doesnā€™t work no matter where it is - even closing the door and manually pressing it against the lock leads to no action. Not sure if the lock is broken or some of the steel in the door is too magnetic causing interference?

Overall Iā€™m really not convinced by the quality of the Switchbot lock pro if used with night latch door.

Are there any news?

Add support for Switchbot Lock Pro by szclsya Ā· Pull Request #119326 Ā· home-assistant/core (github.com)

I canā€™t really estimate when it will be released but it seems like itā€™s working somewhere.

2 Likes

In the beta release itā€˜s under Candidates to process

5 Likes

Just playing with this now.

Its certainly visible now but I have a bit of a nightmare scenario.

If you have authenticated your Switchbot account with a 3rd party service such as google or amazon then Switchbot are saying the only way to get the encryption key is to remove the devices from the account, remove the account, recreate a new account and then add all devices back.

Awesomeā€¦

Ow wow! Iā€™m learning I have the exact same issue.

Thats going to be a enormously fun weekend project. :grimacing:

Been on to support for an hour. They are adamant there is no other way.

I have a ā€œsolutionā€ and I am not saying its great but it does work.

Remove the lock from your account in the app
remove pin device (if you have one), you may be asked to delink from lock
log out of app
create new account, you will require a separate email from the ā€œoldā€ account
once the new account is created add lock as per normal process
return to HA and use option to connect to the newly discovered bluetooth lock via account
put in new account details

This process should preserve the ā€œoldā€ account settings and you can log in and out of the app with the separate credentials.

In practice I only need the app in an emergency for unlocking my door so this is a small(ish) price to pay

A big thank you to everyone who got this working!

Got it working, luckily I didnā€™t have it authenticated with a 3rd party service so it was very easy for me to set it up.

Thanks to those who added the support of the new lock model, much appreciated!

Just two things which I find not ideal:

• Locking and unlocking takes about 8 seconds to trigger after clicking the button in home assistant (with hub and matter itā€™s almost instant)
  • Same as for matter there seems to be no proper support yet for German locks with night latch function. It doesnā€™t allow me to unlock my lock without opening the door and also the status is misleading (it says unlocking whereas in the app itself it shows properly as unlocked). I guess this is expected since not yet implemented.

I too hate myself for using a 3rd party to login. I hope I can move just my two locks to a new account instead of everything. I know that goes against what a few of you guys have said, but Iā€™m going to try that before moving everything over.

You can, just follow my steps above.

You MUST delete the lock from the existing account before moving it to a new account otherwise it required firmware recovery.

I made my account with google and later on needed being logged in two devices and I did not want to sign in to google with the second device. So I contacted SwitchBot support, said that I need a password also for my account and they added a password. Now I was able to log in using that password and at the same time google log in works too.

Edit: Managed to get that working after recalibrating the lock multiple times and readding the integration:
Anyone knows how the binary sensor of the lock works? It shows closed no matter what. I can see that the door is opened and closed in the SwitchBot app and the autolock feature works but I cannot see that the door is opened in Home Assistant.

Okay thank, Iā€™ll try that when I get home.

Is it just me or is the connection super unreliable? Sometimes it works flawless, sometimes it takes a while to trigger and sometimes it doesnā€™t trigger at all.

Works fine through Switchbot App.

Itā€™s not as good as I would wish. Mostly it works, the delays happen sometimes but they are a few seconds. The problematic part is that when I lock-unlock from the button or with a key sometimes that does not update in Home Assistant. So sometimes it shows locked when it is unlocked.

So yes, not as reliable as it should even though there is a decent bluetooth signal strenght.

Edit:
Ohā€¦ another weird thing. Sometimes when the lock is unlocked and I open the door and close without locking - it changes to locked in Home Assistant while it is unlocked and it shows unlocked in the SwitchBot app. Also sometimes when unlocked by the button on lock HA shows it as unlocked for half a second and then changes status back to locked while lock itself is still unlocked.

1 Like

It should be possible to just create new account and share your lock with the new switchbot account and than used it to retrieve the key.

And yes, the key is same for every guest account soā€¦ Which is little bit MEH.

I can confirm itā€™s working here in Japan with the non-US version of the lock - which looks different than the US version of the lock. We also use a different UI login. But, everything works just the same in HA now. Glad to have this integration working.

I got it working by doing what @hotmachina suggested. I deleted it from my prior account and then added it to a brand new one.

As for how itā€™s working? It kind of sucks. Attempts to unlock after it has been idle for a while takes around 5-8 seconds I guess. It also seems like I have to control the lock using the Switchbot BT integration first to get actual reporting from the lock and door sensor. Which will only last so long because it will go idle again eventually.

But overall Iā€™m happy with it lol. All I wanted out of this was to be able to check on the battery without opening the Switchbot app and now I can do that. I will continue using Matter in order to control the lock and the door sensors I already had on those doors to tell me their status and for automations.

Just got it working by simply creating a new account with an extra phone I had lying around. Set it up with an new email adres and invited that account to join the home. Then after I used those new credentials in HA, I simply deleted the extra member and it seems to be working.

From the first couple of tries it does have difficulty knowing if it is in locked state or not.

For me it took 5seconds to 15minutes to do something, Bluetooth connection between -65db and -85db, thatā€™s basically unusable. Also says Auto locking inactive while itā€™s active and missing the night latch integrationā€¦

Basically the only use case is looking at the battery statā€¦