Add-on: Home Assistant Google Drive Backup

Repository for add-on Home Assistant Google Drive Backup is missing. This means it will not get updates, and backups may not be restored correctly as the supervisor may not be able to build/download the resources required.

Please check the add-on’s documentation for installation instructions and add the repository to the store.

1 Like

Seems a general problem with Supervisor 2024.06.0. I had it on other add-ons. I just ignore it for the moment

I have added the repository, and I do see the Tom’s Home Assistant Add-ons group, but the Home Assistant Google Drive backup isn’t there. I did not see it on the github page either. Is it no longer supported?

Same issue here… Addon sems to be working so far. Anyone know how to fix the issue?

That doesn’t seem to be right! What url are you using to add the repo?

Hi, I had the same issue, this is how I resolved it on my HA system:

I went to Settings
→ Add-ons
→ and clicked on the + ADD-ON STORE button on the bottom-right
→ then the 3-dots on the top-right
→ and selected Repositories
→ Pasted this URL into the Add field:
https://github.com/sabeechen/hassio-google-drive-backup
→ and clicked ADD
→ Once the repository was added I went back to:
→ Settings
→ Add-ons, clicked on the “Home Assistant Google Drive Backup” and an update was ready to be installed.
I then restarted my HA and the error was gone.

I hope it helps.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m using this great addon since a few days. I’m wondering if we can tell the addon not to sync between certain hours because my NAS is shut down then and it throws an error until it is back switched on.

so I had to move my camera snapshots from the /media share (which I excluded in the backups) to the /www folder, because otherwise I can not use a shell_command to auto deleted those in an automation. Shell_command can only be used I the /config share unfortunately

Creating a dedicated subfolder for my camera snapshots allows me to delete them programmatically say only the last 30 days are stored now.

And yet, even those would be overweight inside the Backups.

I did a search here, and found Add-on: Home Assistant Google Drive Backup - #588 by sabeechen, but that is from 3 years ago…

Makes me wonder if things had changed meanwhile… #fingers crossed…

This is a lifesaver. Thank you @sabeechen. I surely didn’t wish to run sd card issues which broke my home assistant but thankfully couple of months ago I installed this backup add-on and it works great. Bought a new sd card and followed your instructions. HA was down basically just for 2 hours until I restored backup from the google drive.
I noticed that one of the hacs front end add ons (layout card) did not work so I had to redownload it but that’s about it. Also the ip address of the HA did not remember its static ip address but that was all I had to manually do. Really easy! Thanks!

1 Like

###Future request:
Multiple backup locations and the ability to choose encryption based on location IE for example google drive Will have encryption and local backups will not

I"ve noticed for the last few months I’m only get partial backups, never full ones… This is contrary to how I have it configured ie. not to make partial backups. Am I missing something obvious? THX

Is there a way to hide the “Backup State” and “Backups Stale” sensors from he default dashboard? Neither entity can be set to “visible off”. I made an automation based on these sensors, so if something goes wrong I’ll receive a notification in the HA UI and on my phone, therefore I don’t need to see these sensors in my dashboard.

I configured the addon to make an backup weekly, the timer also says next backup in 6 days. But somehow it is making them daily and then resets the timer. I already tried to change 7 days to 14 days, but same behaviour.