Add Support for Zigbee Thermostats

Please add support for Zigbee thermostats. This has come up periodically in the past, but I haven’t seen a feature request for it yet:

Looking for Generic Zigbee Thermostat support, which these devices would then work:

• Centralite HA-3156105
  • Centralite Zen

You have to be more specific on which thermostat you want to have supported. There are already some thermostats which are supported in e.g. Zigbee2MQTT.

Updated, thanks.

I got Zigbee2MQTT up and running, it does not support the Centralite HA-3156105 (but does for Zen; sloppy when I use the Zen template for HA).

I believe HA and native generic Zigbee thermostat support is worthwhile for HomeAssistant. I will try to look into this some more as I do work with Python a bit, but I have limited time at the moment.

@JSkier – Did you ever find a suitable solution for you Zen thermostat. I got mine working with something I found on GitHub, but it keeps me locked into an older version of Zigbee support which has its disadvantages. It would be nice to find a solution that is actively supported.

Hi,

I’ve had some luck with zigbee2mqtt, testing with 2 Centralite units. However, it never adds a message to mqtt (interview fails). The zigbee2mqtt project wants me on the latest firmware for my dongle, so once I flash that, I’ll put in a bug report (assuming it still doesn’t work).

I basically clumped the 3156105 model with Centralite 3157100 (Perl), a newer model in the devices.json file. zigbee2mqtt debug receives battery status, current temp, set temp, mode, and some other details, as well as sends the current time and date to the units (the thermostat node itself thinks it’s paired). I just need to get it to properly add the mqtt node.

Interestingly, this is similar to what homeassistant does with it, but recognizes the fan binary component only. Still sets the current date / time to the device.

Once I get the Centralite going properly, I’ll let you know. I don’t have a lot of time, but I can try to also look at the HA code to get it going in there. Assuming zigbee2mqtt will come first though, it’s been real easy to work with and debug.

2 Likes

Any news on this or should I just move onto a different Thermostat?

Both will work for me in HA or zigbee2mqtt now.

Are you having some kind of issues? If so, which backend (zigbeeha, or zigbee2mqtt)?

1 Like

I was looking into this thermostat before committing to buy. but, I think I found some other thermostats locally on FB marketplace.