Add Xiaomi Mi Scale to Xiaomi BLE

How good is the Bluetooth on that MiScale? Seem i have to move it from bathroom to PC Room to get a signal. other devices in that room reports fine. is there a way to increase/enhance the BT Signal as other devices wor well with my RPi4 BLE

For the Mi Scale 2 I am using ESPHome with Bluetooth Proxy here. Works quite well although the scale is in the 2nd floor’s bathroom while the HA device itself is far away on the 1st floor, all concrete walls.

think issue could be due to SSD in my RPi4 see Migrated to PI 4, bad range? (USB3 2.4GHz interference) · Issue #430 · custom-components/ble_monitor · GitHub

Any recommendation for a BT Dongle foir RPi4 ?

Does anyone find solutions for the new Xiaomi Scale S400 yet? My old Scale 2 was out of order so I bought a new Xiaomi S400 Scale but unable to add into HA via BLE, ESPhome, Xiaomi BLE. None of these integrations got broadcast from this scale.
Here’s its information

Try to collect some ble data by enabling debugging in the Bluetooth integration and post the logs here. I can try to add it, if I get some BLE data logs.

1 Like

Thank you, and sorry for may late response.
I’ll try but actually I donn’t know how to enabling debugging in the Bluetooth integration and getting logs for this.
I’ll try to learn

Go to settings, devices and services, and open the Bluetooth integration. In the left menu, there should be an option to enable debug logging

Thank you. I enabled the debug already and trying to get the log.
Once I get the log data I’ll post them here

Does the official Home Assistant integration work with the XMTZC05HM? I don’t see mass listed in the integration documentation: Xiaomi BLE - Home Assistant

Hi,
I’m in the same situation, did you figure out how to use multiple users directly via Xiaomi BLE (and without the esphome option)?
Thank you for your time.

I decided it’s easier to keep it in ESPHome for now :slight_smile:
But there are some good reactions to my question at the time on how to make it work if you want to switch.

Hello quizzical , Is this code working ?
Where you define "scaleconnection "?
This is code in Esphome code or configuration yaml?

thanks

Yes it is working.
It is the ESPHome code.

Good question on the scaleconnection. It looks like when I pasted that snippet of code I forgot to also copy this piece of code:

switch:

• platform: template #If I turn of this switch, the measurements will not be sent to Home Assistant, good when e.g. weighing a suitcase or a friend.
    name: “Scale connection”
    id: scaleconnection
    optimistic: true

Thank you ! I am getting understand…
Now a new error come up… the "ID " duplicated

Yes you need to define those

- platform: template
    name: Weight Marco
    id: weight_marco
    unit_of_measurement: 'kg'
    icon: mdi:weight-kilogram
    state_class: measurement
    accuracy_decimals: 2

And the same for impedance with some logical differences:

unit_of_measurement: 'ohm'
    icon: mdi:omega
    accuracy_decimals: 0

And this for each person

1 Like

Hi @Ernst! Not sure if you ever got the logs for the S400 (MJTZC01YM) from the previous user but I am in the same situation and I was hoping for your help in getting it added to the integration if possible?

Here’s the logs from my device if needed: JustPaste.it - Share Text & Images the Easy Way

2 Likes

I also got a S400 scale and would be interested in an integration. But it seems that the protocol changed? I tried to capture some bluetooth traffic using an Android phone and got a PCAP file, but don’t have sufficient experience with bluetooth to be able to analyze it. I searched the PCAP trace contents for certain values like the weight in hex (in various formats), but with no success. Maybe there is some kind of encoding or even encryption involved.

If I can provide any data that helps, I’m happy to do so.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation with the Xiaomi Body Composition Scale S400 scale. Model number: MJTZC01YM. Happy to help wherever possible. I’m not well experienced in python & Bluetooth message parsing but with some guidance I could probably help.

Edit: there is also another topic about the same over here: How to add Xiaomi Mijia scale S400 (model: MJTZC01YM) into Home Assisstant

1 Like

Hello! Are there any progress in the integration of Xiaomi S400? Apparently, there are more and more owners of new scales, and if I can help, I’m ready to take part :blush:

Just bought an S400 as well. Very interested in getting this integrated.