Additional supported device types Tahoma plafform

I would VERY much appreciate support for the following 2 device types in Tahoma support:

• rts:BlindRTSComponent
  • rts:OnOffRTSComponent

The Blind supports in the TahomaLink application “Up”, “Down” and “My”.
The OnOff is just a switch with “On” and “Off”.

I am able to connect to Tahoma and I received the following messages:

20188-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:TSKAlarmComponent for Tahoma device Alarm
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:PodV2Component for Tahoma device Active button
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 1
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:OnOffRTSComponent for Tahoma device Yard Lights
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 2
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 3
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 4
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Study
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Kitchen

Thank you.

Please also add these devices:

io:SomfyContactIOSystemSensor (window sensor)
io:TemperatureIOSystemSensor (temperature binary sensor)
io:DimmableLightIOComponent (dimmable light receiver, on/off and brightness)
io:IORemoteController (remote control with 3 buttons)
io:OnOffIOComponent (socket switch, on/off)

a couple more here please:
Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device xyz
Unsupported type rts:HorizontalAwningRTSComponent for Tahoma device yzx

:sweat_smile:

I bought some smoke sensors from somfy for the tahoma, it would be nice if they were supported, too

Unsupported type io:SomfySmokeIOSystemSensor for Tahoma device rauchmelder-amy

Hello there

same problem with temperature sensor and dimmer, any idea or solution ?

Hello,

I don‘t know, if your request is still relevant, but I have had the same issues. I have a Somfy Temperature Sensor Thermis Wirefree io, which is identified by hass as io:TemperatureIOSystemSensor and a few RTS power sockets, which are identified by hass as rts:OnOffRTSComponent.

Additionally, I have two RTS window blind remotes, which were not fully supported, so I tried my best to make them compatible with the io window cover controls. I am not fully happy with it, though.

I have committed some changes to GitHub (https://github.com/rhadamantys/home-assistant), if you want to give it a try.

Perhaps you have some better ideas how to integrate stuff.

R.

Hi Rhadamantys,
I also use my home assistant together with the tahoma box. And i’d like to measure the temperature from my Somfy IO Thermis (temperature sensor) in HA.
I clicked your link but to be honest i don’t have a clue what to do.

Can you help me getting the Thermis sensor working in Home assistant?
Regards
Frank

(HA 0.88.2 @ hass.io @ rp3)

Hi Freggel,

that was my first shot. Until the changes are integrated into the HA tahoma component, I recommend to use a tahoma custom_component with the patched files:

Create a folder /config/custom_components/tahoma and copy the files __init__.py and sensor.py from your current HA installation into that folder.

In file __init__.py in the list TAHOMA_TYPES, add the following line:

'io:TemperatureIOSystemSensor': 'sensor',

In file sensor.py in function unit_of_measurement() you will find these two lines:

if self.tahoma_device.type == 'Temperature Sensor':
       return None

Replace them with:

if self.tahoma_device.type == 'io:TemperatureIOSystemSensor':
      return '°C'

Furthermore, in function update(), add the following lines:

if self.tahoma_device.type == 'io:TemperatureIOSystemSensor':
       # round the temperature value, otherwise, it will
       # show up as 13.4999999999999
       self.current_value = float("{:.2f}".format(
           self.tahoma_device.active_states['core:TemperatureState']))
       self._available = True

Then, the temperature sensor should work.

I hope, that helps!

R

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.
Probably a stupid question. But i’m new to Home assistant, Hass.io and linux in general. And i don’t know where i can find those py files or the HA installation folder.

I only can find a few shares from my windows pc ( \\hassio.local\ ). And if login as root with SSH i see the following folders:
Knipsel

But i can’t find those py files anywhere.

Can you help me one more time? I don’t use raspian or docker or something.

Thank you

Frank

Edited:

Sorry. I’m new to this. :blush:
I think i found the files. Is it ok to use this source? : https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/tree/master/homeassistant/components/tahoma

I know, that is confusing. The easiest way to get to the home assistant sources it to download the release from github (HA 0.88.2 is here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/archive/0.88.2.zip).

Extract the archive and look under homeassistant/components/tahoma/

There you find the original files that you copy under /config/custom_components/tahoma for patching.

After patching, just leave them there and restart HA. You will get a warning, that you are using and untested custom component. But you should have a temperature sensor.

I cross my fingers that it will work for you, too.

Thanks again.
I’ll have to go to work right now, but i’ll try for sure this weekend and let you know.

Do i have to repeat this with every update? (Until it works with the build-in tahoma component)

only, if the tahoma components python files change. But they haven’t changed for several months now…

It works. U upgraded my HA first to 0.89.1 and downloaded and edited the ftahoma component files from the 0.89.1 release.
After a reboot I can see the thermis sensor in HA.
Thanks.

Hey, I’ve been playing around with the tahoma component as the somfy one is not working for me. I’ve added some functionalities like temperature and humidity sensors from the smart thermostat and temperature from the io sensor, rts switch, and lock control. Be advised that the lock is submitted to the same limitation as in the tahoma app, that is, the state does not reflect the actual state of the lock but the last action done through the app. The implementation is not clean enough to be submitted to HA as an update, but you can find it under the custom_components in my repo: https://github.com/vlebourl/home-assistant-config

If any one finds a solution to get the actual state of the lock, I’d be more than happy. I’d be happy to include any development from the community if ever other people are willing to work on this component.

Cheers

Hi,

could anyone give a short explanation where __init__.py and sensor.py are located respectively where these files have to be placed.

I am on raspberry pi with a manual installation of HA into a virtual environment.

Thanks,
Jan

got it

pi@raspberrypi:/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tahoma $ ls
binary_sensor.py  __init__.py    __pycache__  sensor.py
cover.py          manifest.json  scene.py     switch.py

Hi,
I added a custom integration to HACS to add functionalities to the tahoma integration.
Have a look here: https://github.com/vlebourl/tahoma_extended.
More could be added but I don’t own them, which make the integration difficult. Please PM me if you want another device integrated.
V.

Hi!

I miss the io smoke detector as written here.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/somfy-missing-io-smoke-detector/172671

Maybe someone can help me?

Many thanks in advance

URBANsUNITED

I can try to add it to the custom comp. Can you check your logs and past the line looking like this?

2020-02-18 11:05:32 WARNING (SyncWorker_12) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type io:AtlanticElectricalHeaterIOComponent for Tahoma device xxx

Thanks for taking care…

Log:

2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type io:SomfySmokeIOSystemSensor for Tahoma device Carlotta Rauchmelder 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type io:SomfySmokeIOSystemSensor for Tahoma device Madita Rauchmelder 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type io:SomfySmokeIOSystemSensor for Tahoma device Stube Rauchmelder
2020-02-18 06:32:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of recorder is taking over 10 seconds. 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type enocean:TransceiverEnoceanComponent for Tahoma device ENOCEAN (84327663) 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:TSKAlarmComponent for Tahoma device Alarm 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:PodV2Component for Tahoma device Sensitive Taste
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type zwave:NodeComponent for Tahoma device ZWAVE (1#1) 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type zwave:TransceiverZWaveComponent for Tahoma device ZWAVE (1#2) 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type zwave:OnOffLightZWaveComponent for Tahoma device Beleuchtung vorne 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type zwave:OnOffLightZWaveComponent for Tahoma device Beleuchtung Dachschä 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type zwave:OnOffLightZWaveComponent for Tahoma device Steckdosen Terasse 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type zwave:OnOffLightZWaveComponent for Tahoma device Beleuchtung Terrasse 
2020-02-18 06:32:58 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type zwave:OnOffLightZWaveComponent for Tahoma device Steckdosen vorne 
2020-02-18 06:33:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Setup of cover platform tahoma is taking over 10 seconds.

The Zwave part has been solved by swapping the Zwave stick from Tahoma box to my Raspberry.
All Zwave items nicely recognized !

Thanks
URBANsUNITEDPreformatted text